I know the daily life of a typical college student is full of homework, late nights, and many dates. Sometimes, balancing a fun love life social activities with a budget can be challenging.
Being concerned about how much a date could likely cost you could ruin the fun you hope to have. I also It’s not about the amount you pay but the person you’re spending it with🥺.
- 1 60+ College Date Ideas That Are Fun
- 2 Low Budget Date Ideas
- 3 1. Go Stargazing.
- 4 2. Build A Fort With A Blanket.
- 5 3. Watch The Sunrise/Sunset Together
- 6 4. Do A Favorite Movie Marathon
- 7 5. Go For Bicycle Ride Together.
- 8 6. Game Night.
- 9 7. Visit A Free Museum/ Art Gallery
- 10 8. Take Part In A Scavenger Hunt.
- 11 9 Try Cooking The Latest Recipe Online
- 12 Fun and Exciting Date Ideas
- 13 10. Food Crawls Are A Great Way To Explore
- 14 11. See A Comedy Show.
- 15 12. Go Thrift Shopping
- 16 13. Go Mini Golfing.
- 17 14. Learn a new skill.
- 18 15. Play Laser Tag
- 19 16. Try Indoor Skydiving.
- 20 17. Go To A Trivia Contest
- 21 18. Sing Karaoke.
- 22 Date Ideas For Each Season:
- 23 Summer Times College Date Ideas
- 24 19. Watch A Movie Outdoors
- 25 20. Visit The Waterpark.
- 26 21. Take A Trip To The Beach.
- 27 22. Watch Fireworks.
- 28 23. Try A Rooftop Bar.
- 29 24. Have A Water Balloon Fight
- 30 25. Tubing On The River
- 31 26. Attend An Open Concert.
- 32 27. Ice Cream Tasting.
- 33 Winter Times College Date Ideas
- 34 28. Go Ice Skating
- 35 29. Go Sledding.
- 36 30. Decorate A Gingerbread House.
- 37 31. Stroll Out To See The Christmas Lights
- 38 32. Bake Christmas Cookies And Other Pantries Together.
- 39 33. Enjoy Hot Cocoa And Enjoy A Warm Night Of Movies
- 40 Fall Times College Date Ideas
- 41 34. Go Apple Picking At The Market
- 42 35. Go To The Fair Or A Carnival
- 43 36. Try A Pumpkin Theme Hangout
- 44 37. Go To A Haunted House.
- 45 38. Go For A Hike.
- 46 39. Try The Corn Maze
- 47 40. Take A Trip To An Amusement Park.
- 48 41. Go To A Open Bonfire.
- 49 42. Watch Scary Movies.
- 50 43. Go On A Hay Ride.
- 51 Spring Times College Date Ideas
- 52 44. Visit The Farmer’s Market.
- 53 45. Visit A Herb Garden.
- 54 46. Go For A Picnic.
- 55 47. Visit A Butterfly Garden
- 56 48. Go StrawberryBerry Picking.
- 57 49. Go For A Hike.
- 58 Outdoor Date Ideas
- 59 50. Go Camping
- 60 51. Go To An Outdoor Sports Event.
- 61 52. You Can Go For A Swim At A Waterfall, Or A Natural Spring.
- 62 53. Visit the Zoo.
- 63 Indoor Date Ideas
- 64 54. Go For A Cooking Class Together
- 65 55. Try An Art Gallery or Collection
- 66 56. Watch A Live play.
- 67 57. Visit The Arcade.
- 68 58. Go Roller Skating.
- 69 59. Try Indoor Climbing.
- 70 60. Go Bowling.
- 71 What Do College Couples Do For Fun?
- 72 Where Should I Take A Girl On A College Date?
- 73 Conclusion
- 74 Related
60+ College Date Ideas That Are Fun
Well, I’ve put together this list of 60+ college date ideas that are fun that goes beyond simply “Netflix and Chill” with maximum fun and low cost.
There are a lot of suggestions for night out ideas for any season in college that you can do at a low cost, better than others, and it’s free!
“Cheap” and “Fun” can be used with the exact words, especially in relationships!
Because there are so many fantastic date ideas in this list, I’ve broken them down into categories to help you get what you need.
- Low Budget Date Ideas
- Fun And Exciting Date Ideas
- Date Ideas For Each Season
- Outdoor Date Ideas
- Indoor Date Ideas
Low Budget Date Ideas
An enjoyable and memorable date does not have to cost you a fortune. Here are the top free dates for students in college:
1. Go Stargazing.
Find some pillows and blankets and pile them in the back of your truck and go for a drive into the countryside for some spectacular nighttime stargazing.
2. Build A Fort With A Blanket.
Who says building the blanket fort is only for children? This is such a cute idea. And you can enjoy movies inside your cozy blanket after!
3. Watch The Sunrise/Sunset Together
Classic yet straightforward date idea You can watch the sunset or sunrise in a beautiful place.
4. Do A Favorite Movie Marathon
This is a fantastic date idea to spend a rainy day. Make popcorn, and get ready for a marathon of a film!
5. Go For Bicycle Ride Together.
To have a great and active date that doesn’t cost a dime, go out for a ride with your loved one. Bring your picnic lunch and take it along for the ride.
6. Game Night.
Game night is an enjoyable and inexpensive date idea. You could also play with your friends. Board games such as Monopoly and Scrabble are always a great idea.
If you want online games, check out the top 10 games in 2022.
7. Visit A Free Museum/ Art Gallery
Many museums offer free admission days every week or even once per month. It is also possible to gain free entry to museums when you show an ID card from your school. Find free museum days in your local area, select one, and head out!
8. Take Part In A Scavenger Hunt.
To have some enjoyable entertainment, you can plan your date night scavenger hunt!. You can find plenty of free scavenger hunts on the internet that cover everything from watching people to finding bizarre things at Wal-Mart.
9 Try Cooking The Latest Recipe Online
This is a fantastic date idea to cook at your home. Discover a new recipe that you can prepare using items you’ve got in your kitchen and cook!
Fun and Exciting Date Ideas
These are the most fun and original dates for college:
10. Food Crawls Are A Great Way To Explore
Select any type of food (tacos, pizza, tacos, etc.) and then spend the night in a DIY food crawl, trying all the most popular sports in the town.
11. See A Comedy Show.
Comedy shows are usually cheap and enjoyable to enjoy time with your loved ones. It’s always great to see your date laugh happily. You will know you’re well so far. You could be able to laugh at how great comedy performers are… and just how poor they can be at times. Whatever the case, you’ll have something to talk about on other dates.
12. Go Thrift Shopping
Another cheap date idea that is extremely enjoyable. Go to the thrift stores around your location and think of the most bizarre outfits!
13. Go Mini Golfing.
Who doesn’t love mini-golf? It’s always a fun experience… And If you’re on an intense competitive streak, it can get very highly competitive!
14. Learn a new skill.
Learn in a class something new with your friends. Try your hand at something artistic, such as pottery or painting or go for outdoor activity like paddle-boarding or archery. There are endless options when it comes to this!
15. Play Laser Tag
Suppose she’s a fun one and doesn’t mind. Playing laser tag makes you feel like a child once more and is a blast. It’s sure to be a fun date idea!
16. Try Indoor Skydiving.
It’s an adventurous date idea! It is possible to experience the thrill of free-falling from an aircraft in an indoor skydiving spot. It’s not as terrifying as skydiving in the real world; however, it is still thrilling!
17. Go To A Trivia Contest
Try your hand at trivia at your local bar or pub evening. The idea is excellent for a group-date idea to have with your buddies too.
18. Sing Karaoke.
Karaoke is always a fun activity; however, it can also be a night mix of your date’s most funny and embarrassing moments. An unforgettable date night is guaranteed.
Date Ideas For Each Season:
This is divided into:
- Summertimes college date ideas
Summer Times College Date Ideas
Get ready for summer fun with these great summertime dates perfect for college students.
19. Watch A Movie Outdoors
If you’re lucky that your balcony has a view, this is undoubtedly an excellent date idea. If you feel like going out, you can also take a trip to an outdoor movie screening or drive-in to enjoy the perfect summer night out that’s guaranteed to be an enjoyable time.
20. Visit The Waterpark.
Nothing says summer more than going to the waterpark! You’re sure to have a blast when you go with this fun summertime date idea.
21. Take A Trip To The Beach.
Take your bags and head for the beach for an ideal summer date!
22. Watch Fireworks.
This is a beautiful date idea to have during the Fourth of July. Find the ideal spot to watch the fireworks and then enjoy!
23. Try A Rooftop Bar.
It’s summertime, and it’s the perfect time to go out on rooftops. Be sure to arrive early to secure the ideal location to watch the city’s sunset.
24. Have A Water Balloon Fight
This is a great summertime date idea. It’s like being a kid back in the day having a water balloon battle. This is a fantastic date night idea for some of your friends!
25. Tubing On The River
If you’re near a river, they’ll likely offer to the tube. You can rent a tub, bring some drinks and snacks in a waterproof container, and enjoy a relaxing afternoon along the river. Relaxing and enjoyable!
26. Attend An Open Concert.
The summer months are the ideal time to attend the outdoors for a concert. Find out if a band or artist you enjoy will be performing in the area, and then purchase the cheapest lawn tickets!
27. Ice Cream Tasting.
Set out to try the top Ice cream spots worldwide at one time. You can share the cup between each stop to ensure you don’t become overloaded with delicious ice cream!
Winter Times College Date Ideas
Are you looking for the perfect winter-time date idea? Here are the most popular college date ideas for winter that you’ll be able to enjoy:
28. Go Ice Skating
Ice skating is an iconic winter sport! Sliding around on the ice rink or skating on a frozen lake is the perfect Winter date concept.
29. Go Sledding.
If there’s fresh snow over the earth, there’s nothing better than getting sled-doing! This is sure to be an excellent excursion for you and your partner.
30. Decorate A Gingerbread House.
Do something in the Christmas spirit by decorating a gingerbread home with your date. You can purchase a pre-made kit from a store, or if you’re brave enough, you can make your own gingerbread home by hand.
31. Stroll Out To See The Christmas Lights
If you see any kind of Christmas lights displayed in your area or streets that are known for their festive decorations, get into the vehicle and ride to see them! Don’t forget the hot chocolate and Christmas music. Get prepared for taking a lot of pictures.
32. Bake Christmas Cookies And Other Pantries Together.
Baking Christmas cookies in a group is a great (and yummy!) winter date idea. Make sure to have lots of sprinkles and frosting in your pantry to make them look festive.
33. Enjoy Hot Cocoa And Enjoy A Warm Night Of Movies
There’s nothing better in the winter than a warm night snuggling up with a few classic movies from the past (or your favourite holiday films!) with hot cocoa in your hands. The perfect winter evening for a romantic date.
Fall Times College Date Ideas
The fall season is here! Here are some fall date ideas that you’ll be able to enjoy:
34. Go Apple Picking At The Market
Going to the apple orchard is a popular autumn activity with an excellent date idea. Nothing is more relaxing than strolling through an orchard of apples on a sunny autumn day!
35. Go To The Fair Or A Carnival
Find out if any carnival or fair is going on in the area for a perfect fall date night. You’re sure to have fun enjoying carnival games taking a ride on the Ferris Wheel, and eating the most funnel cakes is.
36. Try A Pumpkin Theme Hangout
If it’s Halloween time, carving pumpkins can be an adorable idea for a date. You could even visit the pumpkin patch before Halloween to pick out your pumpkins!
37. Go To A Haunted House.
This is a fantastic night out an idea for Halloween. It’s easy to determine who is the most terrified going on a date to a haunted place!
38. Go For A Hike.
A hike is always a good date idea. A hike in the fall is great because it’s not hot or cold. Additionally, if you decide to go on an easy hike, you’ll be able to enjoy the gorgeous autumn foliage!
39. Try The Corn Maze
Finding yourself lost in a maze of corn by yourself can be a scary experience; However, having your friend is a lot more enjoyable!
40. Take A Trip To An Amusement Park.
It could be good if your date loves amusement parks. It’s been shown in psychological studies that fear can drive people to bond—and consequently, experience feelings of love—much more quickly than under normal conditions.
So in that case, if they like amusement parks—it might be a good idea.
41. Go To A Open Bonfire.
For those looking to find an easy date idea that can be done in a group setting, a bonfire in the fall with many friends is always a great idea, though.
42. Watch Scary Movies.
What’s a more straightforward date idea for Halloween than watching frightening films with your loved ones? You can either have a marathon at home or go to an event at the cinema. Make sure you bring popcorn!
43. Go On A Hay Ride.
It’s not much cozier than cuddling up with your loved one under blankets while riding a hayride on a crisp autumn night!
Spring Times College Date Ideas
Spring is here! Here are some fantastic dates for spring:
44. Visit The Farmer’s Market.
It’s not a stereotype. This is a beautiful weekend date idea for a weekend date. Visit the nearby farmer’s market on a Saturday morning to shop and taste test the best fruits.
45. Visit A Herb Garden.
Botanical gardens make for a stunning place to spend a spring day jogging around and admiring the blooms in bloom.
46. Go For A Picnic.
As the weather warms up and it’s sunny, it’s the perfect moment to plan an outdoor picnic. Bring a delicious picnic lunch and walk to a beautiful place for the perfect springtime date.
47. Visit A Butterfly Garden
Going to a butterfly garden or conservatory is an enjoyable springtime date idea, particularly when you add some sort of picnic!
48. Go StrawberryBerry Picking.
Picking berries is an excellent method to spend your spring day. Go to the local Strawberry farm and pick your strawberries. Then return home to make a fresh strawberry shortcake as dessert!
49. Go For A Hike.
One of the most enjoyable seasons to hike is in the springtime when the winter cold has gone away, but it’s not quite the summer heat yet. This is an enjoyable and active date idea perfect for a springtime weekend.
Outdoor Date Ideas
Do you love getting active and being in the outdoors? Here are some of the most popular outdoor date ideas you’ll be able to enjoy:
50. Go Camping
For a fun and exciting date, go camping with your partner! Make sure you bring the ingredients needed to cook S’mores and roast some beef.
51. Go To An Outdoor Sports Event.
Attending the outdoors for a sporting occasion can be a perfect date idea. Go to a baseball match during the spring or summer or dress up to watch a football match on a fantastic fall evening.
52. You Can Go For A Swim At A Waterfall, Or A Natural Spring.
Instead of swimming, look up interesting natural swimming spots like springs, waterfalls, or waterfalls in your local area. You can make a fun day of it!
53. Visit the Zoo.
The zoo visit is an adorable and fun date idea that’s sure to be a great time.
Indoor Date Ideas
Are you looking for an activity to do inside on a date night? Here are some fantastic ideas to do when it’s raining or is too cold or hot to be outdoors:
54. Go For A Cooking Class Together
A cooking class can be an enjoyable way to master new skills. One of the best ideas is making your pasta or sweet treats such as macarons.
55. Try An Art Gallery or Collection
If you are looking for a great date idea indoors, visit the nearby art gallery.
56. Watch A Live play.
If you’re looking for another date idea that gives you the taste of culture, purchase tickets to a show that’s taking place in the city and enjoy your evening in the theatre.
57. Visit The Arcade.
No matter if you visit a traditional arcade or a vast entertainment centre like Dave & Buster’s, this is going to be a great (and fierce!) date evening.
58. Go Roller Skating.
Visit the indoor roller skating arena to enjoy the night!
59. Try Indoor Climbing.
If you’re looking for an enjoyable and active date that’s inside, go to an indoor gym for rock climbing and take a look.
60. Go Bowling.
A classic date night idea, Bowling! Always a fun time.
What Do College Couples Do For Fun?
When you’d like to do something completely different with your partner, however, you don’t have the cash to buy a luxury item, here are a few low-cost suggestions:
- Take a picnic on the lawn or at the park. Grab a blanket a picnic food and take in nature throughout the day.
- Dress up, get an ice cream treat at an ice cream shop and then eat it anywhere. If you take a walk or dine at your favourite spot, there’s no need to visit an elegant restaurant to get dressed up.
- Take a trip. Have fun with your girlfriend to make memories and keep things alive.
- You can play a board game. You could even invite a couple to play and have an evening of double date games.
- Bake a cake, and then take it to eat.
- Make a dish that neither of you has tried before. Even if it fails poorly, the process is sure to be fun.
- Camp overnight. It is not necessary to travel too far or purchase many food items for the entire weekend. It could be as simple as two of you, a few snacks and a camper under the stars.
- Enjoy playing Pokemon Go. Find them all in one place.
- Ride a bicycle. Renting bikes can be expensive; however, when you own your bike, take it out for a ride in the nearby area to enjoy a while.
- Take a walk to see some sites.
- Do some DIY. Find a project you’ve always wanted and then put it all by working together.
- Create a playlist of one another and listen to it together.
- Enjoy a movie with your family. It’s much more enjoyable when you’re able to be with.
- Visit the park to play balls, such as soccer, football, and baseball.
- You can swim at a local pool or drive to an area beach or lake.
- Go fishing.
- Find a theatre with a movie showing that has been released for a long time. Tickets in these theatres are typically very affordable.
- Help out by volunteering somewhere to spend the day.
- Visit a Peter Piper Pizza, Dave & Buster’s or a place with arcades for sale where you can compete in the games throughout the rest of the night.
- Do something together that is new.
Where Should I Take A Girl On A College Date?
Due to impressive advancements in mobile technology, video calls, face time, and dating sites are easier to come by than ever. Once upon a time, people got to know each other by going on a first date. Now, you probably know $0 to know about a person just by checking their social media and texting back and forth on various social media platforms & apps.
But if you want to do things old school, here are the top 20 you can take your college babe for a date. You guys can:
- Have a picnic at the park
- Go to a low budget restaurant
- Go to The movies
- Visit The Arcade
- Try the museum
- Take a hike together
- Go to an art exhibition
- Go to a public garden
- Go ice skating
- Go to the zoo
- Go camping
- Attend a school sporting event
- Go for a reading date at the library
- Go to the beach
- Go out to the countryside for Stargazing.
- Go to a comedy show.
- Go for a drive and listen to a playlist you make together or your favourite artist you both like
- Try out the pastrami trucks in your neighbourhood
- Go for a walk in the park
- Go to the water park
So, here are my 60+ college date ideas that are fun and inexpensive. If you’re creative, you can spend less money and still have fun.
The college dating scene is simple because you’re near no distractions aside from the school itself, of course.
The time you spend with your partner should be fun, enjoyable and affordable.
I hope these ideas for college dates can help you think of a few ideas to use to plan your next date!
I hope this has helped!
What is your most unique idea for a college night out? If you’re able to come up with more ideas? Let us know in the comments section. Also, tell me how your date went! (I’m a bit of a gossip, haha).