Cutoff Mark for Mass Communication at the University of Ilorin – The University of Ilorin is a federal university that was founded in 1975.
It offers 25 undergraduate degrees and six graduate courses.
Applying to the University of Ilorin involves following these stages:
Apply online for the course of your choice,download and read the application form,fill it out, and send it to the school address with the documentary requirements. The admissions process starts in February every year. The cutoff mark for all mass communication courses is 120%.
Requirements to Study Mass Communication at UNILORIN
The requirements to study mass communication at UNILORIN are:
- Candidates must be 16 years old or older.
2. A scan copy of the JAMB examination result
3. A certificate from the candidate’s current or previous school
4. Certified true copies of relevant academic certificates and testimonials
5. A scan copy of the birth certificate(s) or age declaration from the NYSC register, if applicable.
6. duly filled out an application form accompanied by a passport photograph (32).
7. An invitation letter from the school addressed to the applicant with his name typed on it is mandatory for international students and applicants.
Cutoff Mark for Mass Communication at the University of Ilorin
This indicates that the University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) has set a minimum post-UTME cut-off point of 180 for the 2023–2024 admissions cycle. This means that you must either score exactly 180 or above 180 to be eligible to purchase the University of Ilorin Post-UTME form and be considered for admission in 2023.
Why Study Mass Communication at the University of Ilorin?
The reasons are:
- It is a multidisciplinary study.
- It concentrates on the production of different forms of communication.
- It brings together various theories that are not often studied at other institutes.
- It is an interdisciplinary course that only exposes students to the world of communications in general, unlike courses such as history or social science, which focus on just one particular period or country.
- The course provides ample opportunity for learning about new media platforms and their various technicalities.
- There are a variety of scholarships available for mass communication students from both local and foreign universities.
- There are many job opportunities available in the journalism and communications fields due to the massive rate of unemployment in the country.
- The course is a good platform for students who want to venture into politics, public relations, media management, and journalism.
- The lecturer brings his or her experience to class, and it is always fun.
- It is a passing degree.
Other courses to study at the University of Ilorin
Some courses to study at the University of Ilorin are:
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Urban and regional planning
- Landscape Architecture
- Urban Design and Development
- Quantity Survey and Building Services Technology (QSBS)
- Civil Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer science and information technology
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Industrial Chemistry
- Civil Construction Management and Building Services Management (CBM&BSM)
- Marine and offshore technology
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the JAMB combination for Mass Communication in UNILORIN?
Direct entry requirement for Mass Communication in UNILORIN
JUPEB result or its equivalents with not less than 10 points from a combination of: English Language, Literature and either of Yoruba, IRK/CRK, Government, Geography or Economics, are acceptable for Direct Entry.
What course can I study with 180 in unilorin?
Aquaculture and Fisheries – 180.
Agric – 180.
Food Science – 180.
Home Economics – 180.
Forestry and Wildlife – 180.
Arabic – 180.
English – 180.
French – 180.
Is Mass Communication a good course?
Is mass communication a good career? Yes, it is. Mass communication is promising career-wise. With a mass comm qualification, you can choose to apply for various jobs including radio announcer, public relations practitioner, journalist, and many others
Can I enter UNILORIN without JAMB?
Firstly, you have to obtain a Direct Entry form (DE Form). This can be obtained from JAMB office nearest to you or at various accredited JAMB direct entry registration centres across the nation. This is followed by you filling it appropriately strictly following JAMB guidelines.
Can I change my course in UNILORIN?
Students who have concerns regarding registration (e.g. error in registration) can add or drop courses. This should be done online without downloading any forms by the affected students. The concerned students are required to pay online and effect changes as approved by their Level Adviser.
How hard is mass communication?
It’s not easy to do all this, all right? There’s a lot to study when you’re in mass communications. You need to understand how people think, why they think a certain way – you need to know how to appeal to the mass public, and because of that you need to learn about certain theories of communication.
Can I change University after JAMB?
Yes, it is possible to change your choice of institution after JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board) registration. JAMB allows candidates to change their choice of institution and/or course of study after registration.
What job does mass communication offer?
After graduation, your career pathway can focus on advertising, film production, broadcasting, or journalism. You can work in radio or television stations. Other career options you can consider include publishing, marketing, public relations, theatre arts, and teaching.
Why choose mass communication as a career?
It cultivates critical thinking, problem-solving, conflict resolution, teamwork, and public speaking skills. Using public relations skills to build contacts is also beneficial. Critical thinking, problem-solving, conflict resolution, team building, and public speaking are among the abilities that are developed.
- Examkits.com – Can I Change My Choice of Institution After Jamb
- Brainwonders.com – What is Mass Communication, Fees, Courses
- Studymaterials.com.ng – Does LASU Accept Awaiting Result for Admission