How to Block Access to a Bank Account From Another Phone in Nigeria – If you ever have an unfortunate scenario where you forget your device password and can’t get into your bank account, you might want to consider blocking access from another phone. This is easy to do and can save your day if the thief tries accessing it from a different phone.
- On any phone, dial *901*911# and then take these quick actions:
- Dial *901*911#
- Click the “Block Account” option.
- Choose “self” or “third party’ for others.
- Type the contact number associated with the account.
Enter your USSD PIN after choosing the account you wish to ban in step six.
- Select “Other Services” when you dial *901#.
- Select “Opt Out” under Option 9.
- Choose Block Account. 4. For others, choose “self” or “third party.”
- Type the contact number associated with the account(s).
- Choosing the Account You Want to Block in Step 5
- Enter your USSD PIN there.
Once you successfully do this, a successful request message will appear on your phone’s screen, and your account(s) will be immediately blocked.
ATM card from Access Bank ‘blocked’
You must provide your USSD (901) PIN and the phone number you used to create the account while calling USSD Dial *901*11# from any phone number.
This will prevent your phone from using USSD.
How to Block Other Bank Accounts from Another Phone in Nigeria
Blocking accounts from another phone in Nigeria is easy when you follow these simple steps.
- You will have to dial the number on your phone from which you want the other account blocked. *228*Name of Number*PAN Card*PIN (4-digit pin)*Yes
- This will block all accounts on that phone only, and the blocked account will not be able
- To reactivate an account, dial *228*Name of Number*PIN (4-digit pin)*No.
- If you have activated the blocked account on your phone, it will not be possible to block it on another phone without unblocking it.
The reasons for blocking your bank accounts are:
- To save money by reducing the temptation to spend
- To reduce credit card debt
- To lower the balance of an account and make managing it less daunting
- To avoid penalties for not having enough funds in your account to meet a large purchase
- For security purposes, if you’ve been victimized by theft or fraud and you want to prevent them from doing it again,
- To keep large amounts of money, including assets exceeding your bank account limit,
- To get a full analysis of your money flow so that you can manage it more effectively.
- To save your hard-earned cash from being swallowed up by greedy banks. High-street banks have been raking in profits at the expense of their customers for years by putting charges on services they’ve long since ceased to provide.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I block someone from taking money from my bank account?
Call and write your bank or credit union. Tell your bank that you have “revoked authorization” for the company to take automatic payments from your account. Click here for a sample letter . Some banks and credit unions may offer you an online form.
How do I block my Access Bank ATM card from another phone?
A quick way to block an Access Bank Debit card is by dialling the code *901*11# and following the on-screen prompts. When you enter this USSD code with the phone number linked to your Access bank account, you must also enter your USSD PIN. If the information is correct, Access Bank will block your ATM card immediately.
How do I restrict mobile use?
Open your phone’s Settings app.
Tap Digital Wellbeing & parental controls.
Tap the chart.
Next to the app you want to limit, tap Set timer .
Choose how much time you can spend in that app. Then, tap Set.
How do I block my ATM card for someone else?
Call up the bank and authenticate yourself.
Authenticate and confirm the Debit Card details.
The Phone Banking customer executive may ask you for some security questions. …
Once confirmed, the customer executive will block your Debit Card.
How do you stop someone from taking money from your account?
Even if you have not revoked your authorization with the company, you can stop an automatic payment from being charged to your account by giving your bank a “stop payment order” . This instructs your bank to stop allowing the company to take payments from your account.
Can I block a phone using IMEI number?
The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has introduced a new portal called Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR) to block mobile phones using the IMEI number. CEIR connects to the IMEI database of all the mobile operators across India and blocks the IMEI of lost or stolen phones on all mobile networks.
Can we track a switched off phone with IMEI number?
You can use Google’s Find my Device to track your device’s location. However, if the phone has been turned off or even the location services have been turned off, this won’t work. To track the IMEI, you have to get in touch with Law Enforcement Agencies in your country.
Can ATM card be used by another person?
Unless the card owner has explicitly granted you permission to use their card, then even a small purchase on the card is illegal. This is a type of fraud, and you may be subject to criminal and financial liability even for a small transaction
- Accessbankplc.com – USSD Banking – Access Bank Plc
- Bankrate.com – How To Protect Your Bank Account From Fraud
- Support.google.com – Find, Lock, or erase a Lost Android Device
How to Check BVN on Access Bank
- How To Unblock Access Bank Using USSD Code
- How To Borrow Money From Access Bank