One of the reasons we share this University of Chicago (UChicago) acceptance rate 2021 for the class of 2025 is to give applicants the clue on how easy or difficult it is to gain admission at Uchicago.
The content of this page covers the Uchicago acceptance rate 2021 for the class of 2025 freshman, transfer, and international students seeking admission into the Uchicago 2021/2022 academic year undergraduate programs.
Complete Uchicago admission rate, admission statistics SAT score, ACT score, GPA, application fee, application methods, and how to apply for admission at the University of Chicago will be made known in this article.
- 1 University Of Chicago Admission Rate
- 2 University of Chicago (UChicago) Acceptance Rate for 2021 is 9%
- 3 UChicago Admission Statistics
- 4 UChicago Freshman/First-Year Admission Application
- 5 Test Scor (ACT and SAT) Admission Requirements
- 6 University of Chicago Transfer Students Admission
- 7 Uchicago Undergraduate Admission for international students
- 8 Related
University Of Chicago Admission Rate
Admission at the University of Chicago is highly selective. Chicago is one of the most competitive Universities in the US with a low acceptance rate of 9%.
More details on the Uchicago admission rate of 2021 for the class of 2025 and the undergraduate admission requirements for freshmen, transfer students, and international students will be seen in the section below
Below is the University of Chicago admission rate 2021 breakdown and statistics. The admission rate shown below is that of the class of 2024 and the same may be applicable to the class of 2025.
University of Chicago (UChicago) Acceptance Rate for 2021 is 9%
The estimated University of Chicago Acceptance rate for 2021 is 9%. This estimation is based on past years’ admission rates from 2013 to 2020 shown below;
2020 (Class of 2024 Admission stats)
- Total Number of Applicants: 34,372
- Number Accepted applicants: 2,511
- Number of Students Enrolled: 1,848
- Class of 2023 Acceptance Rate: 6.92%
2019 (Class of 2023 Admission rate)
- Total Applications Received: 34,900
- Number of Applicants Accepted: 2,065
- Class of 2023 Acceptance Rate: 5.92%
2018 Class of 2022 admission rate)
- Total Applications Received: 32,291
- Number of Applicants Accepted: 2,329
- Class of 2022 Acceptance Rate: 7.21%
2017 (Class of 2021 admission rate)
- Total Applications Received: 27,694
- Number of Applicants Accepted: 2,419
- Class of 2021 Acceptance Rate: 8.73%
2016 (Class of 2020 admission statistics)
- Total Applications Received: 31,484
- Number of Applicants Accepted: 2,499
- Class of 2020 Admission Rate: 7.94%
2015 (Class Of Admission 2019 admission stats)
- Applications Received: 30,162
- Applicants Accepted: 2,356
- Class of 2019 Admit Rate: 7.81%
2014 (Class of 2018 admission statistics)
- Number of Applications Received: 27,503
- Total Applicants Accepted: 2,304
- Class of 2018 Admission Rate: 8.38%
2013 (Class of 2017 Admission Rate)
- Number of Applications Received: 30,369
- Total Applicants Accepted: 2,676
- Class of 2017 Admission Rate: 8.81%
UChicago Admission Statistics
- Asian-American students: 25percent
- African-American students: 10 percent
- Latino/ Hispanic students: 15 percent
- International students 14 percent
Below are the admission processes for freshman (first-year) applicants, transfer students, and international students’ applicants for undergraduate admission at the University of Chicago.
UChicago Freshman/First-Year Admission Application
The freshman undergraduate admission at the University of Chicago is slated for the fall or spring season semesters.
To apply for a freshman undergraduate admission at the University of Chicago, applicants must acquire all the necessary requirements and documents that will qualify them for admission as shown below.
- Undergraduate Early Action: November
- Early Decision I: November
- Early Decision II: January
- Regular Decision: January
- Fall semesters
- Spring semesters
- Autumn semester (For graduate students only)
Application Portal: @ https://collegeadmissions.uchicago.edu/apply
- Common Application
- Coalition Application
- Application Fee: $75 (Seventy-Five US Dollars)
- Acceptance Rate: 9%
Mode of Payment:
- Credit Card
Test Scor (ACT and SAT) Admission Requirements
SAT Score 25th Percentile:
- Math: 755
- Reading/Writing: 730
- Composite: 1480
SAT Score 75th Percentile:
- Math: 800
- Reading/Writing: 780
- Composite: 1580
ACT Score 25th Percentile:
- Math: 31
- English: 33
- Composite: 32
ACT Score 75th Percentile:
- Math: 35
- English: 35
- Composite: 35
Other Admission Requirements: Required Documents
- High school report
- 2 teacher evaluations
- Mid-year report.
- Test score (not compulsory).
University of Chicago Transfer Students Admission
All Transfer students applying for admission at the University of Chicago are to keep to the following details and admission procedures:
How to apply:
- The available application methods include: Coalition Application
- Applicants are to submit applications along with the UChicago Supplement.
- College reports
- Final high school transcripts
- 2 teacher evaluations
- Transfer Applications: March
- Application Fee: $75 USD
Uchicago Undergraduate Admission for international students
Below is the undergraduate admission application process for international students:
- Early Action
- Early Decision I,
- Early Decision II
- Regular Decision.
- Common Application
- Coalition Application.
- Standardized Test scores
- 2 Teacher evaluations
- Resume, Portfolio, and video profile Supplements
- Financial proof statement
- English proficiency test scores from any of TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE.
The University of Chicago College Admissions address and contact:
- Rosenwald Hall 105, 1101 E. 58th Street Chicago, IL 60637
- Phone: 773.702.8650
Now that you have known the University of Chicago acceptance rate for 2021, I will love to clarify this, Uchicago will only select students with a good academic background for admission.
Just the same effort you put in finding out the Uchicago acceptance rate 2021 for the class of 2025, but the same effort in making sure you meet all the necessary admission requirements shown above for a better chance of admission.