Have you ever wondered what the Tufts Acceptance Rate 2021 for the class of 2025 will be? If yes, this page will give you that answer.
I know a lot of applicants are curious to know the Tufts 2021 acceptance rate for the class of 2025 so as to help them know how hard or easy it is to gain undergraduate admission at Tufts University.
Therefore, this page contains all the basic information on the Tufts admission stats and class profile, the admission rate for in-state, out-of-state, transfer and freshman (f and international, early action, early decision, and undergraduate applicants.
Chances of admission: Tufts University admission process is very holistic. The admission board at Tufts uses a flexible and holistic approach in reviewing applications.
Tufts University Acceptance Rate 2021 and Statistics for the class of 2025
For an applicant to be accepted at Tufts, such much present (submit) valuable academic qualifications and extracurricular reports.
According to one of the Tufts admission policies, they admit applicants whose reports show that they are well-rounded in all the areas of their lives.
Applicants must have good academic records, extracurricular, and social reports to stand a better chance of getting into Tufts.
Since the Tufts 2021 acceptance rate for the class of 2025 has not been released, I use the class of 2023 Tufts admission rate and admission statistics to show you how easy of hard to gain admission at Tufts can be.
In the class of 2023, the Tufts admission stats, admission rate, and acceptance rate were as follows:
- Number of Applications received: 22,766
- Total applicants admitted: 3,404
- Enrolled students: 1,612
- Tufts’ Acceptance Rate is 15.0%
Now, the next Tufts admission statistics that I will love to breakdown for you is the academic report of the admitted applicants (what qualifications the admitted students had). This includes their SAT Score, ACT Score, GPA, and class grades.
- The best SAT to get into Tufts
- Best Act Score to get into Tufts
- The acceptance rate for all colleges and Universities
Average SAT Score requirements: Admitted students (Mid 50%)
- Reading/Writing range: 700-760
- Math range: 730-790
Average ACT Score requirements: Admitted students (Mid 50%)
- ACT range: 32-35
- Composite 33.3
Tufts Admission Rate, Profile, and statistics
Below are the breakdown data and analysis of the Tufts University admission Rate, class profile, and admission statistics. The admission rate/acceptance rate is presented in percentages.
Admission Distribution by Major/Disciplines
- Arts and Sciences: 1,218
- Engineering: 274
Admission rate by race/ethnicity.
From the Tufts acceptance rate and admission stats, the percentages of admission rate and admission distribution by race/ethnicity were as follows:
- S. Students (whites): 37.8%
- Asian students: 17.7%
- Hispanic students: 8.9%
- Black/African Americans: 5.0%
- Students from more than one race: 6.0%
Percentage of Acceptance rate by high schools
- Public High Schools: 53%
- Independent Schools: 33%
- Religious/Parochial Schools: 11%
Admission Distribution by U.S States/Territories
Applications came in from 46 U.S states with the highest from Massachusetts (323), New York (214), California (149), New Jersey (122), etc. and the lowest from Oklahoma (1), West Virginia, (1), Wyoming (1), Utah (2), etc.
International Countries that applied: 44 countries.
This data was obtained on 9th October 2019.
Freshman Application Requirements and Deadlines
Now that you have known the Tufts acceptance rate of 2021 for the class of 2025, the next step should be on how to apply and the requirements needed for admission in 2021.
Therefore, below are the Tufts first-year admission Requirements and deadlines for 2021 (class of 2025 admission)
- Early Decision I
- And, Early Decision II
- Regular Decision
- Application portal: https://admissions.tufts.edu/apply/
Requirements for Common Application or Coalition Application, including:
- Letters of Recommendation: one letter from a teacher and counselor for all applicants.
- Extracurricular Activities.
- Involvement and leadership report.
- Completion of the Tufts Short-Answer questions during the application
- High School Transcript
- Grades: (senior grades)
- Trimester or first semester grades (Regular Decision applicants)
- English Proficiency (for international applicants)
- Test Scores (ACT/SAT): Not applicable for 2021 applicants
- Art Portfolio (for BFA, BFA + BA/BS programs): you will be charged $12 when submitting your portfolio.
- Common Application
- Coalition Application
- Quest Bridge Application
- Application fee: $75 or Waiver.
How to submit Application
All the first-year students’ application is to be done via the Tufts’ common or coalition application portal. Meanwhile, any documents that you cannot send electronically should be mailed to the Tufts undergraduate admission office@
- Tufts University
- Bendetson Hall, 2 The Green
- Medford, MA 02155-7057, 617-627-3170
Tufts Transfer Admission Application process
Interested students who wish to be transferred from any college or who have completed some college courses can apply and be transferred to Tufts University through the Tufts fall admission.
Below are the Tufts admission process and requirements for transfer 2021 applicants. The Tufts Transfer acceptance rate 2021 will be updated here as time goes on.
Transfer applicants can apply to Tufts University
- Tufts School of Arts and Sciences
- Tufts University, School of Engineering, or
- School of Fine Arts (Museum)
- Social security number
- Essays that describe your maturity, growth, and overall personality.
- Writing Supplement
- College Report
- Academic Evaluation.
- English proficiency (Non-English applicants only)
- High school and college transcripts
- Test scores SAT or ACT (not compulsory)
- College course catalog descriptions.
- Application fee of $75 required.
- The Common Application
- QuestBridge Application
- Coalition Application.
- Email: email@example.com.
All documents should be duly labeled. Include your full name and date of birth in all your documents before submitting
International Students Application Process
International applicants are to submit all the documents listed above depending on the type of admission they are applying for.
First-year international applicants are to submit the requirements listed above, for first-year applicants, while transfer students should also do the same as listed above for transfer applicants.
The Tufts acceptance rate for international students/applicants will be seen in the Tufts’ admission rate/stats shown earlier at the top of this page.
Additional requirement will be:
- An English Proficiency Testing, either of IELTS, TOEFL, Duolingo, or PTE (if you are not from an English speaking country).
- Self-reporting scores.
- Documents should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Tufts University Undergraduate Admissions Office, Address and contact
- Bendetson Hall
- 2 The Green
- Medford, MA 02155-7057, 617-627-3170
That was the basic Acceptance rate obtained from the class of 2023 admission profile. The current class of 2025 Tufts admission rate will be made available immediately after the admission statistic is released by the Tufts University admission Board/committee.