Complete information on Pilot/Aviation Schools in Nigeria (Flight Training Institutes), their School fees, Locations, and contact addresses. Pilot schools in Nigeria are schools that train students on aviation and flight. This may be a secondary school, a university, an aviation college and institute.
There are schools that offer Nigeria Pilot Programs and courses. So if you want to enroll in the Nigerian aviation program, then you have to go for aviation courses and programs in any of the aviation n schools and colleges listed below. This page will list all the available aviation schools in Nigeria that train students on a flight and their school fees. If you want to be trained to become a pilot in Nigeria, then this guide will help you a lot to achieve that. The aim of this post is to look into the universal school of aviation Lagos, admission into school of aviation Zaria, dhaewood aviation business school, list of aviation schools, aviation schools in Lagos, requirements for aviation school, universal school of aviation Abuja, universal school of aviation courses and fees, requirement for universal school of aviation, aircraft maintenance school in Nigeria, Nigeria college of aviation technology, school of aviation Ilorin fees and so on…
Requirements and How to become a pilot in Nigeria.
Below are the requirements and the steps one has to take to become a pilot in Nigeria.
Enroll in Pilot School: The First Requirement is to be enrolled in an Aviation School. Pilot schools are known as Aviation schools and we have about 39 aviation schools in Nigeria that offer pilot training. Requirements to enrollment in any of these schools are listed below:
Aviation admission requirements:
- Be at least 17 years old.
- Must be able to speak English and any other local languages.
- Also have an O’level qualification Certificate in any approved SSCE in Nigeria (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB, etc.) with a minimum of 5 credits passes in English, Mathematics, Geography, physics, and any other science subjects.
How much does it cost to become a pilot in Nigeria (School Fees)
The total cost of attending an aviation school in Nigeria and become a pilot cost as much as N7.8 million for Nigerian based aviation schools. You can also apply for the available scholarships given by airline and aviation companies.
How much can a pilot Earn in Nigeria?
Pilots in Nigeria can earn so many salaries as high as N350,000 – N800,000 for Local flight pilots and about N1-2 million Naira for pilots that work for international airline companies. Note: your salary expectation is based on your position or rank.
Available Pilot certificates & Qualifications In Nigeria
The pilot certificates of aviation are issued based on specific purposes. The list of the available pilot certificates required to become a full-time fledged aircraft pilot.
- Private Pilot Certificate: obtaining this certificate qualifies you to fly solo in a plane in Nigeria and you must be 17 years old.
- Instrument Rating: obtaining this certificate qualifies you to use the instruments found in a cockpit for navigation during bad weather.
- Flight Instructor: This certificate certifies you to take flight hours experiences while you can still teach and instruct others.
- Commercial Pilot Certificate: obtaining this certificate will qualify you to become a commercial pilot flying for the Air Transport Pilot (ATP) airline companies.
The requirement to Get Employed as a pilot After Graduation
To be declared a qualified pilot in Nigeria, you must meet a 40 hours FAA required standard for flight time training for becoming a private pilot, and 1500 flight hours for an airline pilot. But if you want to become or to pick an airline job, then you will need 4,000 hours of experience.
Ranks in Pilot (stripes)
Pilots are easily identified by the number of stripes on their uniforms. The number of stripes on a pilot uniform entails their rank of that pilot. Ranks of pilots are generally split into:
- Training Captain
- Senior First Officer
- First Officer
- Second Officer
List of Aviation Schools in Nigeria (Flight Pilot Training Institutes)
This is the list of the 18 best Aviation schools in Nigeria.
- International aviation college, Located at Kwara state, Ilorin, Nigeria
- Dhaewood aviation business school
- Nigerian college of aviation technology (Formerly known as the Nigerian Civil Aviation Training Centre)
- Universal school of aviation, website at www.universalschoolofaviation.com.
- Landover aviation business school (founded in 2002 and located in Lagos, Nigeria)
- Aeroconsult Aviation, No. 29, Adeniyi Jones Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Aeroport College of Aviation and Travel Management
- Crew Training Institute – CTI
- Falcon Aviation Training
- Gibair Aviation Academy
- Institute Of Aviation and Maritime Studies
- International Institute Of Aviation Training
- Lagos Aviation Academy
- Lagos Aviation And Maritime Business Academy
- Riteway Aviation School
- Belgrade Aviation Training Institute
- Continental Aviation School (CAS)
- Dot Aviation Training Institute
That is what it takes to become a pilot in Nigeria. I am sure you have an idea of the best pilot schools and aviation colleges where you can learn everything about the flight. Make sure you make better findings of each of the schools listed above and follow the proper guideline to apply to their admission.