This article will show you how to gain followers on Pinterest in 10 simple ways. It’s easy to connect with your audience on Pinterest and gain inspiration for new ideas and products. So how can your brand expand and you gain more followers on Pinterest?
We’ll provide a few pointers and techniques in this article to assist you in drawing in more Pinners and boosting your engagement. You will learn something from this guide whether you’re a blogger, businessperson, or just a Pinterest enthusiast.
Start the process now!
How To Gain Followers On Pinterest
1. Open a business account on Pinterest
You must switch to a business account if you’re serious about Pinterest marketing. You may use features like analytics, advertisements, and rich pins if you have a business account.
You can track your progress and use these tools to improve your profile and expand your audience. Additionally, a business account is more credible and professional than a personal one.
2. Improve your bio and username
When someone visits your profile, the first two things they see are your username and bio. They ought to demonstrate your value proposition, niche, and brand identity. You desire to leave a positive impression and persuade others to follow you.
Your username should be catchy, short, and related to your niche. It should coincide with your other social media handles. For instance, if you’re a travel blogger, you might use @travelwithme or @wanderlust.
Your bio should be succinct, memorable, and educational. It should describe who you are, what you do, and what people may anticipate from your pins. To make it easier for people to locate you, you may also include a few keywords associated with your niche. If you write about travel, for instance, you might say:
Hello, my name is Anna, and I blog and take pictures when traveling. I offer advice and motivation for independent travelers who enjoy both culture and adventure. Follow me for the greatest travel places, tips, and recommendations.
Don’t forget to include a link to your website or blog in your bio. This will increase traffic to your website and aid in turning followers into paying customers.
3. Post idea pins
You can now build multi-page stories using images, videos, text, and stickers with Idea Pins, a new kind of content on Pinterest. They resemble Instagram Stories or Reels but last longer than 24 hours. They remain on your Pinterest profile and are searchable by everyone.
Idea Pins are excellent for demonstrating your knowledge, originality, and character. You can post instructions, advice, recipes, reviews, behind-the-scenes information, and anything else your audience finds interesting or useful.
Idea Pins have the following advantages for your profile:
- They get more exposure than regular pins because they appear in the Today tab and the Idea Pins feed.
- They boost your engagement because they encourage people to swipe through your pages and interact with your content.
- They increase your followers because they have a prominent follow button on the first page.
To create an Idea Pin, tap the plus icon at the bottom of the app and select Idea Pin. Then choose up to 20 images or videos from your camera roll or take new ones with the camera tool. You can edit each page with text, stickers, filters, music, voice-over, or tags. When you’re done, tap Publish and add a title and description for your Idea Pin.
4. Include text on your Idea Pins
One of the best practices for creating Idea Pins is to include text on each page. Text can help you communicate your message more clearly and effectively. It can also make your Idea Pins more eye-catching and appealing.
Text can be used for different purposes on your Idea Pins:
- To add a headline or a hook that grabs attention
- To add captions or subtitles that explain what’s happening
- To add bullet points or numbers that highlight key points
- To add call-to-actions that invite people to take action
For example, if you’re creating an Idea Pin about how to make a DIY face mask, you could use text like this:
Page 1: How to Make a DIY Face Mask in 5 Minutes
Page 2: What You’ll Need: A bandana, two hair ties
Page 3: Step 1: Fold the bandana in half
Page 4: Step 2: Fold the top and bottom edges to the center
Page 5: Step 3: Slide the hair ties onto each end
Page 6: Step 4: Fold the sides to the center and tuck them in
Page 7: Step 5: Put the mask on and adjust it
Page 8: Voila! You have a DIY face mask.
To add text to your Idea Pins, tap the text icon at the bottom of the screen and choose a font, color, and size. You can also use the alignment, spacing, and opacity tools to customize your text. You can move, resize, or rotate your text by using your fingers on the screen.
5. Focus on a specific audience
Pinterest is a huge platform with millions of users and billions of pins. If you want to stand out and attract followers, you need to focus on a specific audience and niche. You need to know who you’re creating content for and what they’re looking for.
To find your ideal audience, you need to do some research and analysis. You can use tools like Pinterest Analytics, Google Analytics, or surveys to learn more about your existing or potential followers. You can also look at your competitors and see what kind of content they’re creating and who they’re targeting.
Some of the things you should know about your audience are:
- Their demographics (age, gender, location, etc.)
- Their interests (hobbies, passions, goals, etc.)
- Their pain points (problems, challenges, frustrations, etc.)
- Their desires (wishes, dreams, aspirations, etc.)
Once you have a clear picture of your audience, you can create content that speaks to them and solves their problems. You can also use keywords and hashtags that relate to their interests and needs. This will help you reach more people who are likely to follow you and engage with your content.
6. Post original images
Pinterest is a visual platform that relies on images to capture attention and convey information. If you want to get more followers on Pinterest, you need to post original images that are high-quality, relevant, and appealing.
Original images are images that you create yourself or that you have permission to use. They’re not images that you find on Google or other websites. Posting original images shows that you’re a credible and trustworthy source of information. It also helps you avoid copyright issues or penalties.
Original images are also more likely to get noticed and re-pinned by other users. They’re more unique and distinctive than generic or stock images. They also reflect your brand identity and personality better than images that anyone else can use.
Some tips for creating original images are:
- Use a good camera or smartphone to take clear and sharp photos
- Use natural light or a softbox to create bright and balanced lighting
- Use a tripod or a stabilizer to avoid blurry or shaky photos
- Use editing tools like Canva or Photoshop to enhance your photos
- Use filters, overlays, or stickers to add some flair to your photos
- Use text overlays or graphics to add some context or information to your photos
7. Include relevant topic tags to increase video reach
Video pins are another type of content that you can create on Pinterest. Video pins are pins that have a video as the main image. They’re great for showing how-to’s, tutorials, reviews, testimonials, or stories.
Video pins can help you get more followers on Pinterest because they:
- Get more exposure than regular pins because they appear in the video feed and the video tab
- Boost your engagement because they encourage people to watch your video and interact with your content
- Increase your followers because they have a prominent follow button on the video player
To create a video pin, tap the plus icon at the bottom of the app and select Video Pin. Then choose a video from your camera roll or take a new one with the camera tool. You can edit your video with trimming, cropping, or music tools. When you’re done, tap Next and add a title, description, destination link, board, and topic tags for your video pin.
Topic tags are keywords that describe what your video is about. They help Pinterest understand your content and show it to people who are interested in that topic. They also help people find your video when they search for that topic.
For example, if you’re creating a video pin about how to make a DIY face mask, you could use tags like DIY, Face mask, Bandana, Hair ties, and Coronavirus.
8. Be consistent and post regularly
Consistency is one of the most crucial elements in gaining more followers on Pinterest. Posting excellent content frequently and consistently is referred to as consistency. Consistency demonstrates your engagement, dependability, and dedication to your audience. You can earn your followers’ respect, loyalty, and trust by being consistent.
You need to have a content strategy and a posting schedule if you want to be consistent on Pinterest. A content plan is a written document that describes the type of material you’ll produce, how you’ll produce it, and why you’ll produce it. A posting schedule is a calendar that indicates the times and frequency of your content postings.
Some tips for creating a content plan and a posting schedule are:
- Define your goals and objectives for your Pinterest marketing
- Identify your target audience and their interests, needs, and preferences
- Research your competitors and see what kind of content they’re creating and how they’re performing
- Brainstorm ideas for your content based on your niche, keywords, trends, seasons, holidays, etc.
- Organize your ideas into categories or themes and assign them to different boards
- Create a content calendar that shows what content you’re going to post on each day of the week or month
- Use a tool like Tailwind or Buffer to schedule your pins in advance and save time
9. Join relevant group boards
Group boards are boards that have multiple contributors who can pin to the same board. They’re great for collaborating with other Pinners, reaching new audiences, and increasing your exposure. Group boards can also help you get more followers on Pinterest.
To join relevant group boards, you need to find them first. You can use tools like PinGroupie or Pingroups to search for group boards by category, keyword, or follower count. You can also look at the profiles of other Pinners in your niche and see what group boards they’re part of.
Once you find a group board that you want to join, you need to request an invitation from the board owner or administrator. You can usually find their contact information in the board description or on their profile. You can also send them a message on Pinterest or email them directly.
10. Engage with other Pinners
Pinterest is not only a platform for sharing content, but also a platform for connecting with people. If you want to get more followers on Pinterest, you need to engage with other Pinners and build relationships with them. Engaging with other Pinners can help you:
- Get noticed and recognized by other users who might be interested in your content
- Get feedback and insights from other users who might have different perspectives or experiences
- Get support and encouragement from other users who might share similar goals or challenges
Some ways to engage with other Pinners are:
- Follow other users who share your niche, interests, or values
- Re-pin other users’ pins that are relevant or useful to your audience
- Comment on other users’ pins that are interesting or inspiring to you
- Like other users’ pins that are appealing or impressive to you
- Mention other users in your pins or comments when appropriate
- Reply to other users’ comments on your pins or comments
Pinterest is a powerful platform for growing your brand and reaching new customers. But it’s not enough to just create an account and pin some images. You need to have a strategy and a plan for getting more followers on Pinterest. If you follow these tips consistently and diligently, you’ll soon see an increase in your Pinterest followers and engagement.
I hope you found this article helpful and informative. If you did, please share it with your friends and followers. And if you have any questions or feedback, please leave a comment below. We would love to hear from you!
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I gain more followers on Pinterest?
Well, it’s all about sharing the love! Engage with the Pinterest community by pinning high-quality content, following relevant users, and commenting on pins that catch your eye. Don’t forget to optimize your profile with a catchy bio and appealing boards to attract potential followers.
Do I need to be active on Pinterest regularly to gain followers?
Absolutely! Consistency is key. Pinning regularly and being active on the platform will keep you on the radar of your existing followers and help you attract new ones. Aim for a balanced pinning schedule that suits your audience, and remember to stay engaged by responding to comments and messages.
What type of content should I pin to attract followers?
The secret sauce is a mix of creativity and relevance. Pin content that aligns with your niche or interests while offering something unique and valuable. Share visually appealing images, informative articles, DIY projects, and inspirational quotes. Experiment and find the content that resonates best with your target audience.
Are group boards helpful in gaining followers?
Absolutely! Group boards are like a party where everyone can join in on the fun. Collaborating with other pinners through group boards helps you tap into their followers and gain exposure to new audiences. Look for active group boards in your niche and contribute relevant content to expand your reach.
Any tips for engaging with my followers on Pinterest?
Engaging with your followers is vital for building a loyal community. Show appreciation by responding to comments, messages, and mentions. Like and repin their content, and don’t be afraid to initiate conversations. By fostering a genuine connection, you’ll create a positive and engaging environment that keeps your followers coming back for more!
- 12 Ways to Get More Pinterest Followers : Social Media Examiner
- How To Get More Followers On Pinterest (2023 Edition) (bloggingwizard.com)