The University of Lagos was founded in 1962. It is one of the most prestigious universities in Nigeria, as well as one of the largest. Located in West Africa, it has expanded to include campuses and other learning centers worldwide.
The university boasts a high score on the World University Ranking and has been ranked among the 30 Most Beautiful Universities Around the World! Tune into this post for more information about Unilag!
The University of Lagos is one of the best tertiary institutions in Nigeria. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses that cater to students with diverse interests. In this article, we will be sharing a list of courses offered at Unilag and their cutoff marks, as well as their department, college, course code number, and name. Please take note that some universities may share some common course titles but offer different curricula in the same area. For example, most universities offer a concept called computer programming, but it is not always true that every university will have Computer Programming Course Number 101 or 102.
List of Courses Offered at Unilag and Their Cutoff Mark
Faculty of Sciences
1. Mathematics and Statistics
- Computer Science
- Geological Science
- Marine Sciences
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Environmental chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry
- Environmental Biology
- Physical Oceanography and Coastal Management
- Marine Pollution and Management
- Marine Biology
- Fisheries Technology
- Fisheries Biology and Fisheries Management
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Environmental toxicology and pollution management
- Aquatic Resource and Pollution Management
- Applied Entomology and Pest Management
- Environmental Management
- Natural resource management
- Natural Resources Conservation
Faculty of Engineering Cut-Off Mark for Engineering Courses: 250 and Above
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Surveying and geoinformatics
- Systems Engineering
Faculty of Art – CUT-OFF MARK: 230
- European languages (French and Russian)
- English Language
- English Literature
- Linguistics, African, and Asian
- Department of History and Strategic Studies
- Creative Arts: Visual Arts
- Creative Arts: Theatre Arts
- Creative Arts: Music
The cut-off mark for the Faculty of Social Sciences is 240 or higher
- Mass Communication and Journalism
- Political Science
- Social Work
- Geography and Planning
- Managerial Psychology
- International Relations and Strategic Studies
- Public and International Affairs
- Transportation Planning and Management
Faculty of Business Administration – Cut Off 250 and above
- Department of Business Administration
- Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
- Actuarial Science
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Operations Research
- Organization behavior
- Production/Operations Management
- Development Finance
Faculty of Law Cutoff Mark: 270 and above
- Jurisprudence and international law
- Commercial and industrial law
- Public Law
- Private and property law
- Legal Studies
- Conflict Management
- Dispute Resolution
Cut-off marks for the Faculty of Environmental Sciences are 240 and higher.
- Environmental Design
- Urban Design
- Landscape Architecture
- Construction Management
- Construction Technology
- Estate Management
- Urban and regional planning
- Quantity Surveying
- Facilities Management
The cutoff for the School of Clinical Sciences is 260 or higher
- Medicine and Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Clinical Pathology
- Hematology and Blood Transfusion
- Radiation biology and Radiotherapy
School of Basic Medical Sciences 260 and above
- Anatomy and Molecular Pathology
- Morbid Anatomy
- Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
- Biomedical engineering
- Medical Laboratory Science
School of Dental Sciences 250 and above
- Child dental health
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Preventive Dentistry
- Restorative Dentistry
- Oral Pathology
Faculty of Pharmacy 260 and above
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology
The cutoff mark for the Faculty of Education is 220 or higher.
- Guidance and counseling
- Adult Education
- Adult Education Management
- Adult Literacy and Non-formal Education
- Mathematics education
- Physics education
- Biology Education
- Chemistry education
- Integrated science education
- Social Studies Education
- Geography Education
- History Education
- Human Kinetics and Health Education
- Exercise Physiology
- Sports Administration/Management
- Home Economics Education
- Technology Education
- Business Education
- English Education
- English literature education
- French Education
- Yoruba Education
- Igbo Education
- Christian Religious Studies
- Islamic Studies Education
- Religion Education
- Music Education
- Curriculum Theory
- Educational administration and planning
- Educational Psychology
- Measurement and Evaluation
- Philosophy of education
- Sociology of education
- Community Development and Social Work
- Manpower training and development
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I study Nursing with a 190 in JAMB?
JAMB Cut Off Mark for Nursing to participate in Post UTME is 200. Some Universities may accept less, but the least any University would accept for Nursing to qualify for Post UTME is 140. Polytechnics would have accepted a lower JAMB Score for Nursing, but unfortunately, Polytechnics do not offer Nursing.
Can I study in UNILAG without JAMB?
To gain admission into UNILAG without JAMB, you have to run certain advanced-level programme. Registering for one of these A’ level programme is what qualities you for admission through direct entry. Also, not all A ‘level programme is acceptable as an entry-level requirement hence, the need to enlighten you.
What is the lowest score on JAMB?
For the records, a low JAMB score is a score below 180. The problem is that many Universities set their JAMB cut-off mark at 180. It means that if you do not have a JAMB score above 180, you can not apply to the school of your choice.
What is UNILAG known for?
The University of Lagos was the first University in Nigeria to own or start a radio station. The radio station aimed to aid in the education of students studying courses like mass communication and distance learning.
Can I enter University without JAMB?
Many admission seekers have wondered and asked if it is possible to gain admission into a University without writing JAMB. It is possible. However, you still have to pass through some form of examinations which people generally believe are simpler than JAMB.
How to score above 280 in JAMB?
Practice good test-taking habits: On the day of the exam, arrive early and bring all necessary materials. Read through each question carefully and make sure to manage your time wisely. By following these tips and putting in the necessary effort, you can confidently walk into your JAMB exam and achieve success.
Can I study Nursing with only biology?
English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics are the 5 required subjects for Nursing, medicine, or any clinical or medical course. Hence, it’s required of you before you can be admitted. This is one of the reasons your dream of studying Nursing or Medicine may be sabotaged as an art or social science student.
- Studentship.com – How To Gain Admission With Low Jamb Scores
- Goldennewsng.com – Universities Accepting 150 to 180 Cut Off Mark
- Drugsavant.com – Universities that accept Jamb Scores below 256