This NECO Mathematics syllabus 2020 contains all the necessary topics that NECO has recommended for the 2020 candidates to read.
The National Examination Council Board has released the NECO area of concentration for mathematics and the topics were NECO candidates should be expecting questions.
So with this NECO 2020 syllabus for Mathematics, candidates will know the topics they should focus on and the recommended textbooks they should use when studying for the NECO exam.
Therefore, we have put together the Mathematics syllabus for NECO 2020 in a PDF file so that candidates will be able to download it to their phone and use it anytime they wish.
NECO Syllabus and Recommended Topics to read for Maths
Below are the recommended topics to read for Mathematics and the NECO area of concentration for mathematics. Below these topics, are the best mathematics textbooks that you should use to prepare for this exam.
- Number bases
- Binary numbers
- Percentage and percentage errors,
- Decimals and Approximations
- Simple interest
- Profit and loss percent.
- Proportion and rate,
- Ratio and taxation.
- Standard form.
- Logarithms: (laws of the logarithm)
- Venn diagrams.
- Change of subject of formula
- Remainder theorems
- Simultaneous equations
- Arithmetic (A.P) and Geometric (G.P) Progressions.
- How to construct angles and lines
- Diameter, etc.
- Area of all shapes.
- Trigonometry and Geometry
- Data presentation on;
- Pie chart
- Frequency distribution
- Bar chart.
- Cumulative frequency
- Standard deviation
- Combination and Permutation.
Those were the topics to read. Meanwhile, you can download the breakdown of this syllabus in PDF here. We also have the correctly solved NECO Mathematics questions and answers for 2020 here.
Best Textbooks for NECO Mathematics preparation.
These are the best textbooks for NECO Mathematics preparation. You don’t necessarily have to buy all of them. You can get one or two of them and study with them.
- Basic Mathematics for Senior Secondary by Anyebe, J.
- A Distinction in Mathematics by Adelodun A.
- Further Mathematics by Egbe.
- New General Mathematics (1-3) by Channon, J., and Co.
- Algebra and Calculus by Ibude, S.
- Further Mathematics Project (1-3) by Adegun M. and Co.
- New School Mathematics by David -Osuagwu, M. et al (2000)
Content and Why do Candidates should use this Syllabus.
As I said, the NECO Mathematics syllabus is the best material for the easiest and convenient learning.
With this NECO syllabus, candidates will be able to:
- Get relevant information on this subject.
- They will also have the knowledge and access to the topics NECO Will set Mathematics Questions from
- The syllabus also breakdown the detailed contents of each of the topic on the NECO Syllabus.
- It will give candidates notes and recommendations on the area of concentration
- Candidates will also be able to know the recommended textbooks they should use for effective studies for this Exam.
What to do after getting the syllabus and textbook?
Now that you have gotten the recommended textbooks, syllabus, area of concentration, and the topics to read, the next step is for you to combine them together and use them for proper preparation.
Start by covering each of the topics on the NECO mathematics syllables and then go further to answer some questions from past questions to see how better you are doing.
After that, do more revision a week before your exam and do well to try answering the past questions again to be sure that you are still flowing fine.
On completing your studies, move ahead to other subjects. It is better you draw a study timetable so as to be able to schedule your study time very well to meet all the subjects.
I am sure; this will actually help you a long way. So makes sure you use this material every time you are studying.
To help you better, kindly focus on the recommended topics and area of concentration as listed in the syllabus. Download the breakdown of this syllabus in PDF here
And also, see we correctly solved NECO Mathematics questions for 2020. I have also revealed a top-secret that candidates can use to score “A” in their nine subjects in NECO without using expo here.
You can get free NECO Mathematics Questions and Answers. Select each Subject below to view their free questions and answers for 2020