Courses Offered In Federal University Lokoja And Their Cut Off Marks- The Federal University Lokoja although young in age, is already ranking well among the best universities in Nigeria. It is one university with good prospects for its students. For you to get admission to study any of the courses offered in Federal University Lokoja, you must have made the university your choice (advisably first choice) in your Jamb application. The next stage is to sit for Jamb and ensure you beat the cut off mark.
Yes! You have to beat the cut-off mark if you are going to be considered for admission. The truth is thousands of students apply yearly for admission into universities in Nigeria through Jamb. The universities in Nigeria do not have the capacity to take all the applicants. So, the need to set cut-off mark to take only few and outstanding students came up.
So if you are going to get admission to study any of the courses offered in Federal University Lokoja, you must work hard to beat the cut-off mark. In this post, you will discover the courses offered in Federal University Lokoja and their Cut Off marks.
Courses Offered In Federal University Lokoja And Their Cut Off Marks
List Of Courses Offered In Federal University Lokoja
The need to increase the number of universities in the country was what led to the establishment of Federal University Lokoja in 2011. The university was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in Lokoja, the capital city of Kogi State in Nigeria. The university runs its academic programmes across six faculties which include:
Faculty of Sciences
- Computer Science
- Industrial Chemistry
Faculty of Arts
- Archaeology and Museum Studies
- English and Literary Studies
- History and International Studies
- Performing Arts
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Mass communication
- Political science
Faculty Of Education
- Arts and Social Science Education
- Educational Foundations
- Library and Information Science
- Science Education
Faculty Of Management Sciences
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
College of Health Sciences
Engineering and Technology
Courses Offered In Federal University Lokoja And Their Cut Off Marks (Jamb)
The general cut-off mark for courses offered in Federal University Lokoja has been released and is 180. This implies that candidates that score 180 and above in Jamb are eligible to apply and sit for post-UTME at the school. For a student to successfully scale through the admission hurdle, he/she must beat the departmental cut off marks of courses offered in Federal University Lokoja. Thus, if you as a student is hoping to get admission to study any of the courses offered in Federal University Lokoja, you must beat both the general (Jamb) cut off mark and departmental cut off mark.
Courses Offered In Federal University Lokoja And Their Cut-Off Marks (Departmental)
The departmental cut -off mark usually follow this pattern:
What Are The Requirements For Admission To Study Any Of The Courses Offered In Federal University Lokoja?
The following are the requirements for admission to study any of the courses offered in Federal University Lokoja include the following:
- Minimum of 5 credits in O’level (WAEC/GCE/NECO) in relevant subjects including English and Mathematics.
- Make Federal University Lokoja your first choice when filling out Jamb application, this will further boost your chances of getting admission into the university
- Pick the right subject combinations in your Jamb application
- Ensure that your Jamb score far exceeds the cut off mark
- Apply and sit for post-UTME and score beyond cut-off points
How To Apply For Post-UTME at Federal University Lokoja
- To register for post-UTME at Federal University Lokoja, you need to first visit the university’s website, www. fulokoja. edu. ng
- Login with your Jamb registration number to confirm if you are eligible
- Then click on the biodata icon to update your personal information and examination details.
- Some of the examination details include O’level result- examination number, month, year and grades.
- Make payment of #2000 (Two thousand naira) for the post-UTME screening
- Payment is usually done using Remita services
How To Use The Remita Services For Payment
- Generate RRR (Remita Retrieval Reference) payment invoice of #2000 from the university’s website
- Then proceed to any bank that offers REMITA services with your printed invoice to process your payment.
- Or you can use your Bank Card. Visit www. remita. net. Then click on bills and purchases. Click on pay RRR invoice. Input your RRR and go ahead to process your payment using your ATM card
- After payment is successful, go back to the payment page on the Admissions portal of the university’s website to confirm your payment.
Completing The Post-UTME Registration
- After payment has been confirmed, move on to the post-UTME screening on the admission portal
- Choose your preferred academic program. Ensure that your O’level subjects and Jamb subjects match with your chosen course to avoid being disqualified from the admission process.
- Choose the 5 O’ level subjects that matches with your chosen course
- Then upload a new O’ level Examination scratch card detail for verification of your result
- Next is confirmation of result verification
- After the O’level result has been verified, you can then proceed to print out the screening exercise details
- In the print-out, there will be stated the screening date, venue, time and other important details.
Even though the Federal University Lokoja is still a young institution, however it is quite promising. The courses offered in Federal University Lokoja are quite relevant to the present day world. For you to get admission to study any of the courses offered in Federal University Lokoja, you must have sat for Jamb and make the institution your choice. It is important that your Jamb score meets up with the cut-off mark so you can be eligible to sit for post-UTME. This is because it is only candidates that sit for post-UTME exams will be considered for admission.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the current cut-off mark for Federal University Lokoja for 2023/2024 academic session?
The cut-off mark for Federal University Lokoja for 2023/2024 academic session is 180. This implies that if you score 180 and above in Jamb, you will be eligible to sit for post-UTME.
What are the criteria for screening at Federal University Lokoja?
Applicants must possess a minimum of 5 credits in O’level (WAEC/GCE/NECO) in relevant subjects English and Mathematics, inclusive.
You should score at least 180 in your Jamb exam
Ensure that you picked the right subject combinations in Jamb application
Register for post-UTME screening, application fee is #2000 via Remita services
Candidates awaiting O’level results can also apply. However, such results must be ready and uploaded before the admission process begins.
Note that it is only candidates that participate in the screening exercise will be considered for admission
Also, know that an outstanding performance in the screening exercise may not necessarily translate into automatic admission . The Central Admissions Committee of the Federal University Lokoja would still apply some other modalities to finally generate the list of successful students.
What is the school fees of Federal University Lokoja like?
Currently, the school fees for Federal University Lokoja for returning/old students is #45, 340 while for new students, the fee is #61, 340. You can check the university’s website for more details, www. fulokoja. edu. ng.
Does Federal University Lokoja conduct post-UTME exams?
Yes. Federal University Lokoja is among the several institutions in Nigeria that conduct post-UTME screening. However, only candidates who score at least 180 in post-UTME exams will be eligible to sit for post-UTME screening. Also, applicants will be required to make a non-refundable payment of #2000 for the post-UTME exams. For more details on post-UTME at Federal University Lokoja, visit www. fulokoja. edu. ng/eportals/post-utme.
What is the cost of post -UTME screening in Federal University Lokoja?
Candidates applying to Federal University Lokoja and scored at least 180 in Jamb exam are required to pay a non-refundable fee of #2000 (Two thousand naira) for post-UTME screening.
How old is Federal University Lokoja?
The Federal University Lokoja is currently 12 years old. It was established by the Federal Government in 2011 in response to the need for more universities in Nigeria.
Is Federal University Lokoja a good university to study?
Even though the university is still quite young, it is already ranking well among outstanding universities in the country. In 2021, it ranked position 35th among universities in Nigeria and 3rd among the 12 Federal Universities that were created in 2011.
Where is Federal University Lokoja’s permanent site?
The permanent site of Federal University Lokoja is in Felele, along Lokoja-Okene Road, Kogi State.
- www. myschoolgist. com- List Of FULOKOJA Courses and Programmes Offered
- www. youwinconnect. org- Fulokoja Departmental Cut Off Mark 2023/2024 (JAMB)|federal Federal University Lokoja cut off point
- www. wikipedia. com- Federal University Lokoja
- www. fulokoja. edu. ng- Federal University Lokoja