UC Merced Acceptance Rate And Admission Requirements 2022
For the very first time in UC Merced history, all freshman applicants are guaranteed a space and only need to submit one application for admission. On this blog, you are going to learnt about the UC Merced acceptance rate and admission requirements for incoming freshmen in 2022. But first, lets have a quick overview.
UC Merced is the oldest university in California and the second-oldest public university in the U.S. It was established in 1853 as the University of California, where it has remained ever since. The university is a comprehensive research university, with ten undergraduate and graduate schools and award-winning professional schools in engineering, agriculture, architecture, business administration, music, and more.
UC Merced is a public university primarily in Merced, California but also with campuses in San Francisco and Santa Barbara. It is the newest campus of the University of California and it is located in Merced, California, USA. It was founded as a result of a merger between four previously separate colleges and schools.
The first college on its current site was founded in 1872 as the State Normal School, later renamed California State Normal School (California State Teachers College) at Fresno. It was granted university status by the Carnegie Foundation in 1928 and renamed California State College at Fresno. In 1965, it became an independent institution, California State College at Hayward, before being renamed again in 1968 to California State College at San Bernadino. The college’s name was changed to California State University at Fresno in 1972.
In 2001, the university merged with the then-University of California, the campus at Merced to form the University of California system’s newest campus. In 2005, it received its current name and relocated to its present location on 1 November 2006.
Hereby, UC Merced was founded in 2005. It is the newest of the University of California’s 10 campuses, and the first American research university built in the 21st century.
UC Merced has four campuses located throughout the state. Its main campus is located in Merced, California, and consists of approximately 1,400 acres (57 ha). Other campuses are located in Sacramento (Sacramento), San Francisco (San Francisco), Davis (Davis), Santa Barbara (Santa Barbara), and Irvine (Irvine). UC Merced has more than 30,000 students enrolled annually and offers over 300 undergraduate degree programs.*
The UC Merced community fosters academic excellence while providing students with an inclusive environment that encourages innovation, discovery, and creativity.*
UC Merced is committed to providing an excellent student experience, becoming a destination campus for students from throughout California and around the world, and graduate leaders who will transform their communities and our world for the better.
Scholarships are available to new UC Merced freshmen who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and leadership potential. They are awarded on a competitive basis based on a combination of academic performance in high school, preparation for college-level work, extracurricular activities, personal statement (and recommendation letters if submitted), and overall potential for success at UC Merced.
UC Merced General Information:
Below are some of the most important things to know about admission into UC Merced:
- The school invites applicants for Fall and Spring sessions.
- Application is through the university’s online portal for both undergraduate and graduate applicants have to apply through the university’s online portal.
- UC Merced accepts both TOEFL and IELTS scores as proof of English proficiency.
- International applicants must complete their visa process in time.
- Applicants must keep track of their application status.
- The University offers admission to three Schools:
- School of Engineering
- School of Natural Sciences
- School of Social Sciences, Humanities, Arts
|Application Portal||University Application|
|Application Fee (non-refundable)||Undergraduate- 80 USDGraduate- 140 USD|
|Average ACT Score||24|
|Number of Students||8000|
|Academic Calendar||Semester based|
|Intake Seasons||Fall and Spring|
UC Merced Admission Deadlines
The table below shows the application period and deadlines for admission into UC Merced.
|Spring||July 1- August 31|
University Of California Merced International Student Admissions Requirements
- All the academic records/transcripts from the previously attended institution(s):
- Certified by the institution’s office registrar.
- Sent directly from the issuing institution in a stamped and sealed envelope.
- Official transcripts in non-English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 3.4 Gpa in the last two years of their previous program.
- GRE/GMAT exam scores as per program requirements.
- Proof of English proficiency for non-native English speakers.
- 3 Letters of recommendation ate mandatory for graduate admissions.
- An updated resume consisting of professional experience and educational qualifications.
- Letter of Intent or Statement of purpose which highlights an applicant’s career objective and future goals.
- Departmental requirements: In addition to the general admission requirements, some departments require a separate departmental application, portfolio, audition, or interview.
Visa Process for International Students
- International applicants will be issued Form I-20 from the university.
- Applicants will need to provide the following documents to receive the Form I-20:
- Copy of passport
- Proof of financial support
- Bank statement
- Sponsor Letter, if applicable
- Complete the I-20 and pay the SEVIS I-901 then need to apply for the F-1 or J-1 visa. Submit the form and pay the application fee.
- Schedule and attend the visa interview
University Of California-Merced Undergraduate Admissions
- High school diploma/transcript
- SAT/ACT scores
- Proof of residency
- Guidance counselor’s recommendation
- English proficiency test score for an international applicant
- Secondary school certificate of completion
- GPA of 3.4 or above
- Completion of 15 year-long academic courses with a 3.4 GPA:
- 2 years of history (in place of U.S. history, history of your country)
- 4 years of composition and literature in the language in which you are instructed
- 3 years (four years recommended) of college-preparatory mathematics that includes the topics covered in elementary and advanced algebra and two- and three-dimensional geometry.
- 2 years of integrated science or 2 years of laboratory science (biology, chemistry, and/or physics)
- 2 years of a second language
- 1-year long course (or 2 semesters) of visual and performing arts
University Of California Merced Graduate Admissions
The University of California Merced offers courses in Applied Mathematics, Bioengineering, Chemistry, Economics, Physics, Public Health, and Sociology.
The application fee is 140 USD. And below are the academic requirements to gain admission into the school:
- Equivalent Undergraduate degree
- 3.0 GPA and above
- GMAT/GRE Test Scores
- All the Graduate courses require general GRE scores except Physics which require subject-specific score too.
- 3 Letters Of Recommendation
- 1 Statement Of Purpose
- Personal History Achievements/ Contribution.
UC Merced is a good place to start and acquire knowledge, and gain experience enough to kick start a good career.