Why You Should Consider a Career in Accounting _ Are you thinking about picking a career in Accountancy but are having sort of an unsure feeling about what the course could offer? Typical accounting tasks for your day to day activities include: Preparation, examination, and interpretation of financial records, Identifying business opportunities and risks, Ensuring proper tax compliance, Recommending cost-effective financial strategies, Communicating findings through reports and meetings
Certified accountants are eligible to work in any of a host range of industries including: Assurance services, Risk management , Finance, Insurance and Health care. Their basic roles and responsibilities may include the following though not limited to these: Recommending investments actions, Evaluating financial data, Interpreting economic and business trends, Determining the value of a company’s financial statements, Discussing a company’s future with management and Preparing written financial reports.
If you someone who is good with numbers and you wish to progress into an established career with the opportunity to advance, Accountancy could be the best career option for you. Here are a some of the main reasons why you should consider a career in accountancy .
Why You Should Consider a Career in Accounting
1. There is Stability In this Field
A career in Accountancy will give you sure stability as your skill set will forever be needed in the labor market . All companies, wether big or small, will be in need of your services and they offer accounting and financial expertise, this will create stable field for you to work in. Accounting is not a profession that can be
outsourced for any reason and as long as people are in need of help to pay for taxes and so long as businesses still exist, there will always be a high need for Accountants .
According to stat from Mental Health America , rushing to meet up with your work deadlines can: Raise stress levels, Affect concentration, Trigger depression, anxiety, or irritability, Weaken the immune system, Increase the risk of heart attack . Accounting makes you able to balance your life without encountering much of these stress. The benefits of a healthy work-life balance as an accountant, on the other hand, may include the following: Improved productivity, Higher job satisfaction, Better mental health, Reduced anxiety, More time for family, friends, and hobbies.
2. Progression and Professional Growth
A job role within Accountancy provides you with a clear career path. Most times, you will begin in an entry level role such as an working as an Accounts Assistant, working as a Finance Junior or Junior Auditor after which you will then progress to better job roles.
.In order to be fit to become an Accountant, there is the avenue to become a member of a professional body, becoming a member can go a long way to further your career advancement.
Some of the renown reputable bodies include
- the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) ,
- the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or
- the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) .
Upon the completion of your numerous program exams, alongside the difference experience that were gained within the workplace, you can reach a qualified accountant status . Another point that is what noting is that you will not have to obtain a degree to become an Accountant. You can choose to kick-start your career in the field by first studying for an AAT. This is almost same as the first year of a Bachelor’s degree and it will be useful as the solid foundational work prior to moving on to be part of the professional bodies .
3. It is Financially Rewarding
Once you have attained to a level of reasonable amount of experience in the career field and you have qualified with a professional body, the potential you have to earn higher can be rather favourable. A career in the area of Accountancy gives you both stability and the potential to enjoy a comfortable lifestyle.
4. You Can Be Self Employed
In Accountancy, it is very possible for you to become your own boss if you want to, you can start by running your own bookkeeping business and you can become self-employed.
Other Reasons Why You Should Consider a Career in Accounting
- Marketable skills: A wide range of opportunities are open for accountants in government, their are also good opportunities in the nonprofit sector, and in the private sector.
- Advanced roles: good level of experience as an accountant can be a vital step to better roles in finance and business, ranging from financial manager to becoming a chief financial officer.
- Choice of employment: Accountants can choose to work alone (self-boss) in a small business, work together with other accountants in a broader department, or he or she can choose to launch an independent entrepreneurial venture attending to a host of clients.
- Different career options: Accountants can advance to different range of careers, such as auditor, they can work as investment accountant, financial consultant, or even as cost accountant.
- An accounting role is normally stable, with its demand forever on the increase across different industries.
Accountancy can give you solid job security, lots of job opportunities , good pay, and you will have higher chances to advance to top-level roles in the institutions. Accountants are known to maintain a healthy work-life balance and manageable work period while working as leaders in their various departments toward financially bright futures. Mental Health America noted that , ” rushing to meet up with your work deadlines can: Raise stress levels, Affect concentration, Trigger depression, anxiety, or irritability, Weaken the immune system, Increase the risk of heart attack,” Accounting makes you able to balance your life without encountering much of these stress. All these and more are reasons Why You should consider picking a career in accountancy.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you describe accounting as a profession?
Accounting tasks for your day to day activities include: Preparation, examination, and interpretation of financial records, Identifying business opportunities and risks, Ensuring proper tax compliance etc.
Why accounting is a profession?
Accountants are very respected professionals in the business world, and accounting is known to be one of the most trustworthy career path.
What are the five major fields of accounting?
The most common branches of accounting include:
What are the main types of accountants?
Types of Accountants are:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Management Accountant (including “cost” and “staff” accountant)
Chartered Accountant (CA)
What are 5 skills for accountant?
Basic Soft Skills needed for Accounting include;
Strong written and oral communication.
Organization and attention to detail.
Analytical and problem solving skills.
Mathematical and deductive reasoning.
How much are accountants paid in UK?
The average accountant salary in the United Kingdom stands at up to £36,000 per year or £18.46 on an hourly basis. Entry level positions may begin at £28,500 per year while some experienced workers can make up to £50,000 per year.
- Accounting.com _ Top Reasons to Choose a Career in Accounting
- Ambition.co.uk – Why Choose Accountancy as a Career?
- Businessbecause.com – 5 Reasons To Choose A Career In Accounting
- Rasmussen.edu – 10 Must-Know Pros and Cons of an Accounting Career
- OnlineMasters.ohio.edu – Why Choose Accounting? Benefits of a Career in Accounting