WAEC Physics Syllabus contains information on the subject objectives, topics to read, contents of each topic, notes to take on each topic, and recommended textbooks to use when reading.
The objectives of this WAEC Syllabus include:
This Syllabus is designed to meet the achievement of the course objectives. Such objectives are to;
acquire computational skills in answering physics questions.
Develop precise and formal reasoning skills in solving physics questions.
Prepare candidates effectively for the exam by giving them an idea of where to expect questions from.
Testing the achievement abilities of the candidates on the course objectives.
Apply the principles and concepts of physics into everyday life and everyday situations.
Convert all parameters to their required units before using them in solving problems.
Make sure you acquire the skills of objectivity, precision, and accuracy in solving physics questions
Know all the laws and theories in physics and their formulas.
How to apply physics formulas to solving certain problems
WAEC Physics Exam Pattern:
WAEC Physics has the theory, OBJ, and practical papers. It has paper one, paper two, and paper three. Paper 1 is the Objective paper (OBJ), Paper 2 is Theory (essay), paper 3 is the practical paper.
Topics That WAEC Will Set 2021 Physics Questions from
This syllabus has been shortened to the root topics alone to avoid making it too long. To get the complete and detailed breakdown of this JAMB Physics syllabus 2021, scroll down to the bottom of this page to download the syllabus in PDF format.
1. Measurements and Units: Study everything on this topic. Know the basic units of the following:
unit of mass
Know all the fundamental and derived quantities and their units
And the uses of the following:
Know the differences between Vectors & Scalars quantities and their examples
2. Motion and Force: This is one of the most important topics in this JAMB Physics syllabus. Be very serious about this topic and try to cover everything under these topics.
4. Work, Energy, and Power: Know their respective definitions, sources, uses, and forms
5. Friction: Static & dynamic. Read everything under this topic
6. Simple Machines: Definition, Types, efficiency, advantages, and disadvantages of machines.
7. Elasticity: Read everything under this.
8. Pressure: Know the definition, measurement, variation, application/transmission, types/forms, and units.
Liquids at Rest
Thermal Expansion: Thermal expansivity of Solids, liquids.
10. Gas Laws: Read everything about Boyle’s, Pressure, Charles laws, and van der Waal & ideal gas equations
Change of State
Structure of Matter and Kinetic Theory
11. Heat Transfer:
13. Sound Waves: Including transmission mediums, frequency, characteristics and applications of sound, speed of sound in different mediums, echoes, vibration, reverberation, noise, and musical notes, and so on;
14. Light Energy: Sources, reflections & refraction of light, frequency, wavelength, and speed of light and the principles of shadows and eclipse formations.
15. Optical Instruments: Study the working principles of;
Sight defects and their corrections
16. Electrostatics, capacitors, electric cells, electric current, and voltage, electrical energy, and power. Also read everything about A. C. and D.C circuits, the principles of conductivity of electricity through liquids, gases, solids and fluids, insulators, conductor and semi-conductors
17. Magnets and Magnetic Field: Force on a Current-Carrying Conductor in a Magnetic Field, Electromagnetic Induction
18. Modern Physics: Everything about the models, properties, and structure of the atom
19. Electronics: Related topics include: the principles of Conductors, insulators, and semiconductors (n-type & p-type) and their types and examples, diodes, transistors in amplification
JAMB Physics Area of concentration:
Physics is different from other subjects and it needs closer attention in choosing answers. For that reason, I will advise you to study and know the following:
The S.I Units of all quantities
How to convert all parameters to their required units before solving them.
Make sure you acquire the skill of objectivity, precision, and accuracy in solving physics questions
Know all the necessary laws and theories and how to resolve their formulas and questions.
JAMB Physics Recommended Textbooks for 2021
Essential Principles of Physics by Ike E.
Numerical Problems and Solutions in Physics by Ike E.
Fundamentals of Physics by Nelson M.
Advanced Level Physics by Nelson M.
Senior Secondary School Physics by Okeke P. and Co.
Comprehensive Certificate Physics by Ogunkoya O. and Co.
You can get free WAEC Physics Questions and Answers 2020/2021 here on Studentmajor.com
So if you are looking for Free WAEC Physics Questions and Answers for 2020, then use the Comment box below to send us a request and we will send you Free WAEC Physics Questions and Answers for 2020 anytime we have it.
Select each Subject below to view its free Questions and Answers for 2020