2021 WAEC Candidates can now download the free WAEC Physics syllabus with the recommended Textbooks to read for the 2021 WEAC exam.
Read down to see the link to downloading free WAEC Physics Syllabus 2021 & the recommended Textbooks for WAEC Physics exam 2021 preparation.
This Physics Syllabus is for all candidates preparing to write the upcoming WAEC Physics Exam. So as a result, it is highly recommendable for all candidates.
The topics on the WAEC Physics syllabus are the topics that WAEC will set physics questions from for the 2021 WAEC exam and they are the recommended WAEC Physics area of concentration for candidates.
What Will you see on this WAEC Physics Syllabus?
WAEC syllabus for Physics 2021 is the simplest, easiest, and more convenient material for getting relevant information regarding the topics from which WAEC will set the 2021 WAEC Physics questions.
WAEC Physics Syllabus contains information on the subject objectives, topics to read, contents of each topic, notes to take on each topic, and recommended textbooks to use when reading.
The objectives of this WAEC Syllabus include:
This Syllabus is designed to meet the achievement of the course objectives. Such objectives are to;
- acquire computational skills in answering physics questions.
- Develop precise and formal reasoning skills in solving physics questions.
- Prepare candidates effectively for the exam by giving them an idea of where to expect questions from.
- Testing the achievement abilities of the candidates on the course objectives.
- Apply the principles and concepts of physics into everyday life and everyday situations.
- Convert all parameters to their required units before using them in solving problems.
- Make sure you acquire the skills of objectivity, precision, and accuracy in solving physics questions
- Know all the laws and theories in physics and their formulas.
- How to apply physics formulas to solving certain problems
WAEC Physics Exam Pattern:
WAEC Physics has the theory, OBJ, and practical papers. It has paper one, paper two, and paper three. Paper 1 is the Objective paper (OBJ), Paper 2 is Theory (essay), paper 3 is the practical paper.
Topics That WAEC Will Set 2021 Physics Questions from
This syllabus has been shortened to the root topics alone to avoid making it too long. To get the complete and detailed breakdown of this JAMB Physics syllabus 2021, scroll down to the bottom of this page to download the syllabus in PDF format.
1. Measurements and Units: Study everything on this topic. Know the basic units of the following:
- unit of mass
- Know all the fundamental and derived quantities and their units
And the uses of the following:
- Beam balance
- Meter rule
- Venier calipers
- Micrometer Screw-gauge
- Measuring cylinder.
Know the differences between Vectors & Scalars quantities and their examples
2. Motion and Force: This is one of the most important topics in this JAMB Physics syllabus. Be very serious about this topic and try to cover everything under these topics.
3. Gravitational field: Force of Gravity
- Equilibrium of Forces
Syllabus for other subjects:
- English Language syllabus
- Civic education syllabus
- Marketing syllabus
- Download syllabus for all WAEC subjects here
4. Work, Energy, and Power: Know their respective definitions, sources, uses, and forms
5. Friction: Static & dynamic. Read everything under this topic
6. Simple Machines: Definition, Types, efficiency, advantages, and disadvantages of machines.
7. Elasticity: Read everything under this.
8. Pressure: Know the definition, measurement, variation, application/transmission, types/forms, and units.
- Liquids at Rest
- Thermal Expansion: Thermal expansivity of Solids, liquids.
10. Gas Laws: Read everything about Boyle’s, Pressure, Charles laws, and van der Waal & ideal gas equations
- Change of State
- Structure of Matter and Kinetic Theory
11. Heat Transfer:
- convection and
13. Sound Waves: Including transmission mediums, frequency, characteristics and applications of sound, speed of sound in different mediums, echoes, vibration, reverberation, noise, and musical notes, and so on;
14. Light Energy: Sources, reflections & refraction of light, frequency, wavelength, and speed of light and the principles of shadows and eclipse formations.
15. Optical Instruments: Study the working principles of;
- Human eye
- Sight defects and their corrections
16. Electrostatics, capacitors, electric cells, electric current, and voltage, electrical energy, and power. Also read everything about A. C. and D.C circuits, the principles of conductivity of electricity through liquids, gases, solids and fluids, insulators, conductor and semi-conductors
17. Magnets and Magnetic Field: Force on a Current-Carrying Conductor in a Magnetic Field, Electromagnetic Induction
18. Modern Physics: Everything about the models, properties, and structure of the atom
19. Electronics: Related topics include: the principles of Conductors, insulators, and semiconductors (n-type & p-type) and their types and examples, diodes, transistors in amplification
JAMB Physics Area of concentration:
Physics is different from other subjects and it needs closer attention in choosing answers. For that reason, I will advise you to study and know the following:
- The S.I Units of all quantities
- How to convert all parameters to their required units before solving them.
- Make sure you acquire the skill of objectivity, precision, and accuracy in solving physics questions
- Know all the necessary laws and theories and how to resolve their formulas and questions.
JAMB Physics Recommended Textbooks for 2021
- Essential Principles of Physics by Ike E.
- Numerical Problems and Solutions in Physics by Ike E.
- Fundamentals of Physics by Nelson M.
- Advanced Level Physics by Nelson M.
- Senior Secondary School Physics by Okeke P. and Co.
- Comprehensive Certificate Physics by Ogunkoya O. and Co.
- Download free JAMB Physics syllables for 2021
Free WAEC Questions and Answers for all Subjects
You can get free WAEC Physics Questions and Answers 2020/2021 here on Studentmajor.com
So if you are looking for Free WAEC Physics Questions and Answers for 2020, then use the Comment box below to send us a request and we will send you Free WAEC Physics Questions and Answers for 2020 anytime we have it.
Select each Subject below to view its free Questions and Answers for 2020
- English Language Questions and Answers
- Accounting Questions and Answers
- Physics Questions and Answers
- Literature in English Questions and Answers
- History Questions and Answers Solutions
- Government Questions and Answers Solutions
- Geography Questions and Answers Solutions
- Economics Questions and Answers Solutions
- CRS/CRK Questions and Answers Solutions
- Commerce Questions and Answers Solutions
- Chemistry Questions and Answers Solutions
- Biology Questions and Answers Solutions
- Agricultural Science Questions and Answers Solutions
- Maths Questions And Answers Solutions
- Animal Husbandry Questions and Answers Solutions
- Civic Education Questions and Answers Solutions
- Computer Studies Questions and Answers Solutions
- Further Maths Questions and Answers Solutions
- Marketing Questions and Answers Solutions
Why do Candidates Fail WAEC Exam
Many candidates fail WAEC because of the following:
- Failure to or Provision of the wrong candidate’s on Answer booklets.
- Having the same Exam number and name on more than one Answers Booklet on the same subjects.
- Candidate or Exam Center indulgent in Exam malpractice.
- Failure to follow Exam instructions as presented on the Question papers.
- Failure to shade answers appropriately as required on the OMR (OBJ Answer Booklet).
- Shading objective Answer sheets with a pen instead of using an HB pencil.
- Mix up of details or using Mismatching details.
- Missing Exam. And so on…
Hope you found this guide on WAEC Physics Syllabus 2020/2021 Very helpful and useful? Please feel free to share this WAEC Physics Syllabus 2020 with your friends and colleagues.
You can do that by using the social media sharing buttons below. Please don’t fail to let us know how you feel about this guide using the comment box below↓.