Welcome to the detailed WAEC Civic Education syllabus for 2021 and the recommended hints and tips for the 2021 WAEC Civic Education exam.
This syllabus is provided by the West African Senior Secondary Certification Examination (WASSCE) which is administered by the West African Examination Council (WAEC).
The aim of this syllabus is to give WAEC candidates the recommended topics to read for the WAEC Civic exam. From this syllabus, candidates will know the WAEC Civic Education area of concentration.
Topics to read for WAEC Civic Education exam 2021
To make it more helpful, the WAEC Board has also provided the WAEC recommended textbooks for Civic education for 2021 candidates.
Below is the complete topics to read for the WAEC Civic exam from the 2021 WAEC syllabus for Civic education. The WAEC Civic Education syllabus starts here.
Introduction to Civic Education
- Basic introduction and explanation
- Definition and explanation of citizenship.
- Explanation of citizenship education
- Primary aims of citizenship education.
- The civil duties and obligations of citizens.
- Definition and explanation of nationalism;
- National consciousness.
- Nationalistic roles the citizens;
- Civic problems in our society.
- National Obligations
- The meaning and explanation of values.
- Types of values
- Benefits of values.
- Explanation of human rights in your country
- Fundamental human rights in your country
- Human Rights violation
- history of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).
- The 7 core freedoms of UDHR;
- Function and duty of the UDHR;
- Human rights limitation
National Law and Order
- Definition and explanation of Law and Order in your country
- Components and properties of National Law and Order;
- The advantages of Law and Order
- Constituted authority and its types
- The roles of a constituted authority.
WAEC Civic Education Syllabus 2021 Section 2
- A basic explanation of a responsible parenthood
- The duties of responsible parents;
- Roles of responsible parenthood in national unity and development.
- Explanation of traffic.
- Traffic signals and their meanings
- The importance of traffic regulation for safety.
- Citizens and government duties in maintaining traffic.
- Inter-personal relationship and explanation
- Definition and Types
- How to promotes interpersonal relationships
- Inter-communal relationships and their importance
- Societal and inter-communal conflicts and how to resolve them
- The origin and history of cultism
- Cult groups and their symbols;
- Activities of cultism in our society
- The effects and consequences of cultism in our society
- How to prevent cultism in our society.
- Drug Abuse and misuse
- Definition and explanation of drug abuse and drug misuse
- Abused drugs
- Effects of drug abuse.
- Drug addicts;
- How to prevent drug abuse and drug misuse
- Drugs laws and agencies
- Definition and explanation of human trafficking.
- History and origin of human trafficking.
- Consequence and effect of human trafficking.
- How to stop and prevent human trafficking
- Full meaning of HIV and AIDS.
- The origin of HIV and AIDS.
- Transmission of HIV
- Symptoms of HIV & AIDS
- Effects and prevention of HIV
More WAEC Civic Education Area of Concentration
The WAEC 2021 Civic education syllabus continues below. Make sure to cover all topics shown above and below.
- Definition and explanation of youth empowerment;
- Youth empowerment skills and their importance.
- The role of government in youth empowerment.
- The origin, definition, and explanation of the term “Government”
- Arms of government
- Structure of Government
- Functions of Government
- Tiers of government.
- Meaning, definitions, and explanation of democracy.
- Types of democracy
- Features of democracy
- Democracy and its importance
- The pillars of democracy;
- Common problems in democracy.
Rule of Law
- The definition and explanation of rule of law and its features
- importance and problems of rule of law.
- Explanation of national development
- Effects of democracy on national development
- How Rule of law affects national development
- The effects of good government on national development
- Definition and explanation of political apathy
- Reasons for political apathy.
- Effect of political apathy.
- Interests of followers.
- How to end political apathy.
- Definition and types of popular participation;
- The societal need for popular participation
- Modes and kinds of popular participation
- The role of popular participation in politics.
Civil Society and
- Definition of civil society and its functions.
- The role of civil society and why it is needed.
- Common problems faced in a civil society
- The definition explanation of public service.
- Duties of public services.
- Problems in public services
- Public service improvement.
- WAEC Syllabus For All Subjects 2021
- Download WAEC Syllabus for Physics 2021
- Free WAEC Syllabus for Mathematics 2021
- Syllabus for WAEC Government 2021
- Textbooks and Syllabus for WAEC Chemistry 2021
WAEC Recommended Textbooks for Civic Education
Like is said before, the West African Examination Council (WAEC) has recommended the following textbooks for 2021 WAEC candidates.
- Civic Education; Written by Dimgbaobas D.
- New Millenium Civic Education. The Authors of this textbook are S.I. Onuoha & Co.
- Comprehensive Civic Education. The Authors of this textbook are Meneke Obiageri and Nwebo
I am sure this 2021 WAEC Civic Education syllabus will help you so much. Do well to follow the area of concentration shown above and make sure you cover all the topics listed above.Follow Us For All Canada Jobs and Scholarship Update