UCSD Acceptance Rate and Admission Statistics by major: The University of California, San Diego Acceptance rate for 2021 is what we are going to discuss on this page. In more light, the complete analysis and admission statistics of UC San Diego will be discussed here in detail.
The University of California, San Diego, was founded in the year, 1960. The University is basically abbreviated as UC San Diego or UCSD. The University is the is a public research university located in San Diego, California, the United States. UCSD is one of the seventh oldest of the 10 Campuses of the University of California.
UCSD Offers about 200 undergraduate and graduate degree programs and enrolls about 8,000 graduate students, and 30,800 undergraduate yearly.
More so, the UC San Diego has seven undergraduate residential colleges which are:
- 1 7 Colleges of UCSD (UC San Diego)
- 2 UCSD Admission Rate and Statistics
- 3 USCD Admissions Statistics
- 4 What Are The 2022 Admissions Chances at UCSD?
- 5 First-Year (Freshmen Admission)
- 6 Transfer Applicants
- 7 UC San Diego Academic Statistics
- 8 University of California, UC San Diego, Acceptance rate 2022
- 9 Related
7 Colleges of UCSD (UC San Diego)
- Revelle College
- Warren College
- Roosevelt College
- Muir College
- Marshall College
- Sixth College
- Seventh College
UCSD also has four academic divisions which are; Biological Sciences, Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences, Physical Sciences with 7 graduate & professional schools which are:
- Jacobs School of Engineering,
- Rady School of Management,
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography,
- School of Global Policy and Strategy,
- School of Medicine,
- Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, and the newly formed
- Wertheim School of Public Health and Human Longevity Science).
UCSD Admission Rate and Statistics
Admissions at UCSD is highly competitive. Some of the most popular and competitive majors at UCSD include Engineering, Biology, Neuroscience, Psychology, Biochemistry, Economics, Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Data Science, Biomedical Sciences, etc.
USCD Admissions Statistics
The UCSD admission statistics entails the percentages for applicants at USCD base on the total number of applications received from first-year applicants. This analysis is base on major (disciplinary area), college, gender, home location, ethnicity, etc for both First-Time Freshmen and Transfer Students
What Are The 2022 Admissions Chances at UCSD?
The 2022 admission chances at the University of California, San Diego, is highly selective and competitive. The university accepts less than 1/3 of its applicants, has a highly selective admissions process. At UC San Diego, the admissions officers evaluate students on more than numerical data.
All applicants are set to write four short essays. Applicants at UC San Diego can also apply for multiple schools in that system with, just one application since UC San Diego is part of the University of California system.
California resident applicants must have a 3.0 GPA or above with at least a C in 15 colleges preparatory “a-g” courses while non-California residents must have a 3.4 GPA or above. Additionally, applicants from local participating high schools must be in the top 9% of their class if they should be considered for admission.
Other UCSD admission requirements, statistics, and the acceptance rate are as follow:
First-Year (Freshmen Admission)
First-year or Freshman applicants are applicants that are currently in, or have graduated from a high school but have not enrolled in a regular (non-summer) session at any college or university before.
Even students that have completed college courses during their high school (through summer after graduation) are still known as first-year applicants.GPA Requirement: 4.00-4.27 SAT Score Requirements: 1330-1510 ACT Score Requirements: 29-34.
Application Portal: https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/apply
Transfer applicants are students that have been enrolled in a regular session in a college or university after their high school (excluding summer sessions). UC San Diego only enrolls in transfer students at their junior level.
- GPA Requirement: 3.47-3.88
- ADMISSION RATE: 56%
- Application Portal: https://admissions.ucsd.edu/transfer/application
UC San Diego Academic Statistics
- Average annual in-state cost
- Before aid: $32,838
- After aid: $14,630 (Aid are from grants and scholarships)
- Graduation rate: 87%
- Acceptance rate: 34% (Average)
- Graduates enrollment: About 8,000 Students
- Undergraduate enrollment: About 30,000 Students
University of California, UC San Diego, Acceptance rate 2022
- Freshman: 32.3%
- Transfers: UC San Diego: 56.15%
- Admission Rates for California Applicants: 27.6%
- Admission Rates for Out-of-State Applicants (Domestic): 59.6%
- Admission Rates for International Applicants: 29.7%
Check Other UCs Admission rate:
In-state cost by household income
|Household income||Average cost after aid|
|Less than $30,000||$8,692|
|More than $110,001||$28,282|
Admission Contact and Address
- Address: 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA 92093, United States
- Phone: +1 858-534-2230
That is the information on the University of California, (UC San Diego) or UCSD acceptance rate 2021. All applicants are strictly advised to do all applications at the official school portal. Use the contact address above to sort for help directly from the school.