On this page, we are going to explore the UC Berkeley acceptance rate 2021 for the incoming Class of 2025 Early Decision (ED) and Early Action (EA) freshmen and transfer undergraduate admission.
You’ll also have the basic insights to the UCB Admission rate 2025, Admission Statistics, SAT Score range, ACT Score and GPA requirements for all Transfer, and Freshmen Undergraduate applicants (including International students).
Generally, the information on this page will be useful to 2021 UCB applicants who need information on the, UC Berkeley Acceptance rate 2025 for the; out of state, in-state, and international freshman and transfer Early Action and Early decision admission by major.
Is it Hard to Get into UC Berkeley?
Admission at UC Berkeley is a bit hard because they receive more applications than they can admit. Because of this, gaining admission becomes selective and difficult.
Admission at UCB requires more qualifications than just a test score. Admission at UCB also requires persistence, passion, and desires to always try back years-after-year as you may not be lucky to gain admission at first application.
This is so because UC Berkeley receives so many applications than what they can admit.
Generally, the chances of gaining admission at UCB depends on how better your academic profile is compared to other applicants and how well it meets the UC Berkeley minimum undergraduate admission requirements as listed @ http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/
UC Berkeley Acceptance rate 2021 Class of 2025
The University of California, Berkeley (UCB or UC Berkeley) average acceptance rate is 17% for most early decision (ED) and Early Action (EA) admission.
Acceptance Rates for Other Colleges:
- Northeastern 2025 Acceptance Rate
- UC Santa Barbara Acceptance rate
- MIT Acceptance Rate
- UCSD Acceptance Rate
- UC Irvine Acceptance Rate
- University of Florida Acceptance Rate
- UVA Acceptance Rate
- Georgia Tech Acceptance Rate
- University of Michigan Acceptance Rate
- Villanova University Acceptance Rate
- Tulane Acceptance Rate
- Cornell Acceptance Rate
- Tufts Acceptance Rate
- Vanderbilt Acceptance Rate
- Texas Christian University Acceptance Rate
- Dartmouth Acceptance rate
- Best SAT Score for easy admission
- Notre Dame Acceptance Rate
- Rice University Acceptance Rate
- University of Chicago Acceptance Rate
- Arizona State University Acceptanc Rate
- NYU Acceptance Rate
- Johns Hopkins Acceptance rate
- CAL Poly Acceptance Rate
- Harvard Acceptance Rate
- Purdue Acceptance Rate
- Penn State Acceptance Rate
- Columbia Acceptance Rate
- University of Washington Acceptance Rate
- UCLA Acceptance Rate
- George Washington Acceptance Rate
- Princeton Acceptance Rate
- Boston College Acceptance Rate
- Yale Acceptance Rate
- Boston University Acceptance Rate
- UCD -Davis Acceptance Rate
- Stanford Acceptance Rate
- USC Acceptance Rate
- Duke Acceptance Rate
- Graduation rate: 92%
- Acceptance rate: 17%
- Average annual in-state Tuition & Fees Cost
- Cost Before aid: $38,066
- After aid: $15,464 (Aids mostly from grants and scholarships)
- Out-Of-State Tuition & Fees Cost: $42,112 (2017-18)
- Cost of Boarding: $17,274
- Total Enrollment Cost: $40,174
UCB Admission Rate and Statistics
Freshman Profile: Data points for the middle 50% of students.
- Unweighted GPA: 3.89-4.00
- Weighted GPA: 4.00-4.29
- ACT Score Requirements: 30-35
- SAT Score requirements: 1350-1540
2019 Freshman Admission Statistics:
- Total Applications received: 87,389
- Number of Applicants admitted: 14,661
- Freshmen Acceptance Rate 2019: 16.8%
2018 Freshman Admission Statistics:
- Total Applications received: 89,615
- Number of Applicants admitted: 13,558
- Freshman Acceptance Rate 2018: 15.1%
- Application from Public Schools: 85%
- From Rural Areas Applicants: 5%
- First Generation Applicants: 15%
Transfer Student Admission Rate: Data points for the middle 50% of students.
- Required College GPA: 3.69-4.00
2019 Transfer admission Statistics:
- Application received: 19,074
- Total Admitted Applicants: 4,818
- Transfer Students Acceptance Rate 2019: 25.3%
2018 Transfer admission Statistics:
- Application received: 19,213
- Total Admitted Applicants: 4,495
- Transfer Students Acceptance Rate 2018: 23.4%
Application Entry levels by percentage
- Applications from CCCs: 95%
- Veterans: 2%
- Re-Entry: 18%
International Students Acceptance Rate
UC Berkeley International applicants are all the applicants that require a Visa to reside and study in the United States.
Other applicants like those who are U.S citizens, refugees, asylee, or permanent residents, who live or study outside the United State are considered “domestic applicants”.
UC Berkeley International admission is open for both freshman and transfer applicants.
International Students Admission Profile
- International freshman
- GPA Score requirements: 3.90-4.00 (middle 50%, unweighted)
- ACT Score Requirements: 32-35 (middle 50%)
- SAT Score Requirements: 1450-1530 (middle 50%)
- Admission Entry from 74 Countries.
- Admitted Students: 1,552
- The acceptance rate for International Students: 9.14%
How to Apply for Admission:
Interested freshman applicant, are to check out and follow the steps below to apply for UCB 2021 Admission. All applicants must make sure they track their admission progress online.
All applicants will be notified via email if their application has been received and thereby give you access to log in your student portal.
Application Portal: @ https://admissions.berkeley.edu/
The Application Steps are as follows:
- Check Your Application’s Progress Online
- Make Sure your Correct Information is On File
- Update Your Application
- Complete Any Required Forms
- Monitor Your Email for your admission status.
Graduation rate UCB:
First-time full-time: Completed within
- 6 Years: 92%
- 8 Years: 93%
Other full-time: Completed within
- 6 Years: 92%
- 8 Years: 93%
Other part-time: Completed within
- 6 Years: 70%
- 8 Years: 72%
University of California Berkeley Acceptance Rate By Major
- Social Sciences Majors: 20%
- Engineering majors: 11%
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences majors: 10%
- Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies majors: 7%
- Natural Resources and Conservation: 6%
- Economics major
- Mathematics major
- Statistics major
- Data Science major
- Computer Science major
- Political Science and Government majors
- Psychology majors
- Business Administration and Management majors
- English major
Disclaimer: This is just a rough estimate as gotten from the 2018 admission statistics. This may not be the same as the 2021 admission.
Undergraduate Admissions Address and Contact.
The University of California, Berkeley, CA, United States. 110 Sproul Hall #5800,
- Berkeley, CA 94720-5800
- Phone: +1 510-642-6000