Best Travel Book for a College Student – Good travel books for college students, whether fictional books or non-fictional works, can transport you out of the usual stress of everyday life traveling as a student who is always engaging in one form of travel or the other, this grants you the opportunity to visit places you’ve always dreamed of seeing, or to increase your connection with beloved destinations as a college student. Here are some of the best books to buy while you prepare to travel as a student!
Top Best Travel Book for a College Student
1. Alain de Botton’s “The Art of Travel”
Many travel books are written to inspire the student’s fantasies and his or her desire to travel, but de Botton is a very special one as it takes candid look and/or intellectual look at why you should embark on journeys. The Author of this book was able to brings to light the truths that you may not want to see or believe as a college student. A lot of travel text gives us hint on how or where to go, and based on this fact, it will be easy for travelers to lose track of their essence of traveling in the first place.
The book by Alain de Botton’s named “The Art of Travel” is perfect for travels and is recommended for college students as a reminder that traveling is not only concerning their incredible moments. The smallest information here is a part of the experiences you gain as a college student taking a travel tour.
2 How to Travel the World on $50 a Day – A Book Written by Matt Kepnes
This is one of the best book travel book for college students, in fact every student should have this in his or her library. It presents the how-to guide that are needed by learners who are highly interested in exploring different places on a budget. It contains certain details on how you can save money on transportation, save money on food, save money on accommodations, and on airline tickets. If you are a college student who are seeking to get decent travel guide booklets, this is a perfect literature to read.
3 On the Road , A Book Authored by Jack Kerouac
Jack Kerouac’s book titled “On the Road,” is a classic of the Beat Generation, that was written and published in the year 1957, is an exciting work of literature. The book narrates the story of Sal as he gets off New York City and travels to the west, there he made new friends, and he also rode the rails. The frustration & the expectation to see the globe felt by the main character are emotions you will most likely identify with on certain level. With the experience gained, he was able to mature into a better, stronger, & his personality became more self-assured throughout his period of journeying.
4 The Geography of Bliss, a Book Written by Eric Weiner
This best travel book for a college student offers you a real-life experience beyond fantasies. The author embarks on a travel that would take him across the globe and it lasted for a full year. He is in looking out for the sources of happiness. On his journey to find out the factors that will impact to human happiness. In as much as he doesn’t get a single key to happiness along the trip way, his trip was exciting and it provides humorous read.
List of Best Travel Books
A) Best Travel Novels & Stories (Fiction)
- The Kite Runner written by Khaled Husseini
- One Hundred Years of Solitude written by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- The Alchemist written by Paulo Coehlo
- Shantaram written by Gregory David Roberts
- On the Road written by Jack Kerouac
- A Woman in Jerusalem written by A.B. Yehoshua
- Burmese Days: A Novel written by George Orwell
- American Dirt written by Jeanine Cummins
- The Great Alone written by Kristin Hannah
- Next Year in Havana written by Chanel Cleeton
B) Best Travel Books Based in Africa
- Desert Flower written by Waris Dirie
- African Diary written by Billy Bryson
- Blood River: A Journey to Africa’s Broken Heart written by Tim Butcher
- Gratitude in Low Voices written by Dawit Gebremichael Habte
- It’s Our Turn to Eat written by Michela Wrong
C) Best Travel Books Based in Asia
- Bad Lands: A Tourist on the Axis of Evil written by Tony Wheeler
- Escape from Camp 14 written by Blaine Harden
- Lands of Lost Borders written by Kate Harris
- Seven Years in Tibet written by Heinrich Harrer
- Sold: A Story of Modern-day Slavery written by Zana Muhsen
D) Best Travel Books Based in Europe
- The Choice written by Edith Eger
- Under the Tuscan Sun written by Frances Mayes
- A Year in Provence written by Peter Mayle
- Driving Over Lemons written by Chris Stewart
- Eat Pray Love written by Elizabeth Gilbert
E) Best Travel Books Based in North America
- A Walk in the Woods written by Bill Bryson
- Wild written by Cheryl Strayed
- Into the Wild written by Jon Krakauer
- Blue Highways: A Journey into America written by William Least Heat-Moon
- The Divide: A 2700 Mile Search For Answers written by Nathan Doneen
F) Travel Books Based in South America
- The Lost City of Z written by David Grann
- The Motorcycle Diaries written by Ernesto Che Guevara
- Life and Death in the Andes written by Kim MacQuarrie
- In Patagonia written by Bruce Chatwin
- Marching Powder written by Thomas McFadden and Rusty Young
G) Best Travel Books Based in Oceania
- In a Sunburned Country written by Bill Bryson
- The Happy Isles of Oceania written by Paul Theroux
- The Sex Lives of Cannibals written by J. Maarten Troost
- Blue Lattitudes written by Tony Horwitz
- A Land of Two Halves written by Joe Bennett
H) Best Travel Guide Books and Compilations
- Journey of a Lifetime written by National Geographic
- Wonders of the World written by Lonely Planet
- How to Travel the World on $50 a Day written by Matt Kepnes
- The Adventure Traveler’s Handbook written by Nellie Huang
I) Best Travel Books For Kids
- Explorers: Amazing Tales of the World’s Greatest Adventurers written by Nellie Huang & Jessamy Hawke
- Beginner’s World Atlas written by National Geographic Kids
- Let’s Explore Activity Book written by Lonely Planet Kids
- This is… Travel written by Miroslav Sasek
- Hello, World written by Ashley Evanson
The best travel books for college students are often those books that have the power to transform you no matter how long your journey might be. Pick from our list of the best travel book for college students.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are travel books called?
Travelogue ( A book written up from a travel diary, or illustrated talk describing the experiences of and places visited by traveller)
Who is the best travel writer in the world?
What makes a good travel book?
The best travel books for college students are often those books that have the power to transform you no matter how long your journey might
- Little family adventure.com – The World’s Best Travel Literature For Learners
- Nomadicmatt.com – TRAVEL BOOKS THAT WILL GIVE YOU SERIOUS WANDERLUST
- Topuniversities.com – Books That Let You Travel the World From Your Bedroom
- Wildjunket.com – Best Travel Books