What is the new school acceptance rate? When pinking a collage, its acceptance rate is a very valuable piece of information to have. In this article, we will be highlighting various important details, including the new school acceptance rate.
What is the new school acceptance rate?
The new school acceptance rate was 57% in 2017-18. This means that out of 100 applicants, 57 were accepted, making The New School’s admissions process competitive.
The acceptance rate doesn’t reflect your chances of getting into New School University; rather, it provides a high-level understanding of the true competition. Therefore, use the acceptance rate as a general guide when curating a list of 10-15 schools that fall into various competitiveness ranges before deciding on a school.
Case study: Admission to this school is competitive, with the new school acceptance rate at 68% acceptance rate in 2020 and an 83.2 percent early acceptance rate. An SAT score of 1140 to 1360 or an ACT score of 26 to 30 is required for admission to The New School.
New school acceptance and Admission rate Statistics:
- The admission rate is 57%
- They had a yield of 27.78 percent for the school year 2019-20.
- The New School received 2,360
- Applications from men
- 6,848 applications from women
- One thousand two hundred sixty-five men and 4,015 women accepted.
- The institution enrolled 327 males and 1,140 women.
How hard is it to get into The New School, and can I get accepted?
With a 57% acceptance rate, the school is ranked #56 in New York for the lowest acceptance rate. Last year, The New School admitted 5,280 students out of 9,208 applicants, making it a more difficult school to get into with a good chance of acceptance for qualified students.
Academically, it has extremely high admission test score requirements, typically admitting students who score in the top 27% of their class. The New School usually accepts and attracts students who have received a “B+” grade in high school. However, only 28% of those who were accepted decided to attend.
The new school: History
The New School for Social Research was formed in New York City a century ago by a small group of notable American intellectuals and educators dissatisfied with traditional institutions’ intellectual timidity.
When was the new school created?
They established the New School for Social Research in 1919. The university has expanded to five colleges, with courses reflecting the founders’ interests in developing social sciences, international affairs, liberal arts, history, philosophy, and art, design, management, and performing arts.
The New School has had strong links to Europe since its inception. Its founders based the institution on the Volkshochschulen for adults that had been founded in Germany. The New School’s director, Alvin Johnson, later became co-editor of the Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences in the 1920s.
Early days in a new school
Margaret Mead was an anthropology instructor from 1954 to 1978. The innovative classes at the New School drew students from all over the world, including Shimon Peres, who was then only a teenager. Gerda Lerner taught the first university-level course on women’s history in 1962.
Fun fact: Numerous well-known alumni from this school have become entrepreneurs, politicians, fashion designers, journalists, singers, and artists are among its teachers and graduates.
A member of President Joe Biden’s Council of Economic Advisers, Heather Boushey, is a notable student and graduate who has gained distinction in the political and corporate areas.
New School Application Process
In this section, I will be walking you through the application process. Unfortunately, this year’s natural catastrophes have impacted a large number of pupils and towns. If you’ve been impacted and have questions or concerns concerning deadline extensions, fee exemptions, or anything else, please don’t hesitate to reach out for help.
How to apply for undergraduate program: Step-By-Step Guide
- Step one: Fill out the application completely.
Apply for a bachelor’s degree at Parsons School of Design, Parsons Paris, Eugene Lang College of Liberal Arts, or the College of Performing Arts via the Common Application.
- Step two: To apply to the Parsons AAS degree or the Adult Bachelor’s Program, use The New School’s Online Application HERE
- Step three: Use The New School’s Online Application to apply to the Parsons AAS degree or the Adult Bachelor’s Program.
- Step four: Former New School students should use the Application for Readmission to reapply to their previous program.
- Step five: An Internal Transfer Application must be submitted by a current New School student who wishes to apply to a New School college other than the one they are currently enrolled in. At the bottom of this page, you’ll find instructions for applying as an internal transfer applicant.
- Step six: Pay close attention to the instructions for your specific application. Use the links below to learn more about your colleges and program’s application procedures and requirements.
- Step seven: Examine the current status of your application. Check the status of your application materials by visiting your Admission Hub. Once the Office of Admission has received all required items, your application is complete and ready for review.
Transfer Application process
This institution is dedicated to assisting students in locating the most appropriate programs to help them achieve their educational and professional objectives.
Eligibility and Requirements for the new school
- The Internal Transfer Application must be completed and submitted.
- A semester at The New School is required.
- At the time of application, you must be enrolled.
- It is required that you have a strong academic record.
- If necessary, provide a portfolio or audition.
- Within three weeks after accepting the offer, you must confirm your transfer.
Students can benefit from regular communication with advising staff, faculty, and other university administrators to learn about course options and internship opportunities. An internal transfer may be necessary if a student’s educational plan cannot be met at their current New School college.
Note: In their second semester of university study, New School students should apply for internal transfer. A portfolio or audition must be completed as part of the admissions review process for those seeking transfer to a major in Parsons School of Design or the College of Performing Arts.
Internal transfer admission is contingent on program space availability and the applicant’s eligibility and compliance with program requirements. Internal transfer requests will be accommodated as much as feasible, but this cannot be guaranteed.
An essay explaining your interest in the school, college, or program you are applying to is required. We’re also curious why you’re enrolled in a program that isn’t a good fit for you. Share any extra information you’d like the admissions committee to know about your academic record when they evaluate it.
Before accepting an offer, students should clarify any changes in financial assistance packages with Student Financial Services. Finally, please talk to an adviser about any prospective modifications in the time it takes to complete your degree.
How to apply for the graduate program: Step-By-Step Guide
- Step one: The first step is to apply. All MA, MS, MFA, MArch, MPS, MM, and Ph.D. degrees, as well as professional studies diplomas and graduate certificate programs, can be applied for through The New School’s Online Application.
- Step two: Check the progress of your application materials by visiting your Admission Hub. Once the Office of Admission has received all essential items, your application is complete and available for evaluation.
- Step three: The application materials checklist will appear after ten days from the day you submitted your application.
- Step four: Follow up with schools and recommenders to ensure that your transcripts, recommendations, and other materials have been received after checking your checklist in the Admission Hub.
New school financial aid
The New School can assist students with acquiring important information, skills, and views you’ll need to embark on your chosen career successfully. In addition, you’ll make connections and have experiences while in New York City that will complement and enrich your academic experience.
Types of financial aid available
Going into college is a significant financial investment. We are dedicated to assisting you in obtaining a university degree. Students have various options for financing their education, and several types of help can be combined to fit their requirements.
Academic achievement and creative talent are examined for scholarship consideration for all undergraduate candidates. There is no need to submit a separate application for these awards because we evaluate candidates immediately upon admission. However, the merit scholarship review will consider test results submitted as part of the admissions application.
Federal need-based awards are only available to undergraduate students. After assessing a student’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), the US Department of Education will grant either a Pell Grant or a Pell Grant plus a Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant.
Any grant money received by students is not required to be repaid. Residents of New York State may be eligible for extra grant help from the state government in addition to federal funds.
Loans augment scholarships and grants by providing additional funding. The United States Department of Education offers low-interest student loan programs to citizens and legal residents of the United States.
Students can seek loans from private lenders if they do not qualify for federal loan programs or if government loans do not cover their complete expenditures.
4. Work-Study financial aid
Candidates who meet the requirements are considered for federal work-study to help pay for their education. Total work-study awards are determined by personal financial needs and available work-study funds.
How to apply for financial aid
The FAFSA is required of all citizens and residents of the United States who desire to receive need-based aid. Students’ eligibility for federal and state grants, federal loans, and work-study is determined by filling out the FAFSA.
Note: If students want to obtain financial help, they must fill out the form every year. At fafsa.edu.gov, students may find and fill out the FAFSA. 002780 is The New School’s school code.
- New students must complete the form beginning the fall semester between October 1 and June 30, with a priority deadline of February 1.
- The form must be completed by November 1 for new students starting in the spring semester.
Students’ eligibility for federal and state grants, federal loans, and work-study will be provided to The New School when they complete the FAFSA and include The New School code. Any given help will then reduce the overall tuition fees.
When candidates apply for admission to The New School, they are immediately considered for scholarships based on academic excellence and creative talent, in addition to need-based help.
Tip: New School merit-based scholarships do not require a separate application. Student acceptance letters frequently accompany scholarship award letters. Payments awarded as scholarships will be subtracted from a student’s overall academic fees.
What GPA do you need to get into The New School?
The admitted freshman class at The New School had an average high school GPA of 3.59 on a 4.0 scale, suggesting that predominantly B+ students are accepted and ultimately attend.
To be admitted to The New School, applicants must have received excellent marks in high school. The school has the highest average GPA in New York, ranking #30. If your high school GPA fulfils these standards, you have a decent chance of being admitted, as just 57 percent of students who apply are accepted.
What is SAT score required for The New School?
The central area The SAT scores of 50 percent of admitted candidates range from 1150 to 1380. When applying, 34% of students include their SAT results. Check your SAT score to see whether you qualify for admission.
What ACT score is required for The New School?
The average ACT score ranges from 25 to 30 for 50% of admitted applicants. When it comes to searching for jobs, 16% of students use their ACT scores. Check to see whether your ACT score qualifies you for acceptance.