School of Nursing Osogbo Admission and Post UTME cut-off mark – Most tertiary institutions across Nigeria and outside the country have some criteria and requirements before giving you admission. One of these criteria, which we can even safely say is the most important to determine whether you will get an entry, is your score during the UTME examination. Each tertiary institution has its cutoff marks when giving admission.
One of the reasons for this cutoff mark is that many students aspire to attend tertiary institutions. While some have all the necessary skills and knowledge that will allow them to transition and come out with flying colors, some people, unfortunately, don’t have that educational background. So the cut-off mark will assist the institutions in decreasing the number of people looking for admission and giving admission to those who deserve it.
In this article, we will look at the School of Nursing Osogbo admission and its post-UTME cutoff mark. So, please read on.
What Is The Post UTME Cut-off Mark For The School Of Nursing Osogbo?
The School of Nursing Osogbo doesn’t conduct JAMB or Post UTME. However, eligible candidates are expected to write a screening examination which is usually computer-based and takes place in the School of Nursing Osogbo main campus premises. The cut-off mark for the entrance examination is 55, so candidates that score the mark or above will be granted admission into the school.
Meanwhile, just because you have scored this mark or above it in your entrance examination doesn’t guarantee you automatic admission, instead, it is the first stage, and you will need to move to the second stage which includes paying acceptance fees, tuition fees, and many more.
What Are The Requirements For The School Of Nursing Osogbo?
Aside from the Post UTME cut-off mark, which is one of the essential criteria for obtaining admission into the school of nursing, you must also submit other requirements, including
- A WAEC, NECO, GCE, or SSCE result with at least five credit combinations of Mathematics, English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The result must not be more than two sittings or older than five years.
- You can also apply with an awaiting result
- You must put an active phone number and email too.
- If you are applying for basic midwifery or general nursing, you must be at the age of 16 years or above; they don’t accept a candidate that is less than this age.
- If you apply for post-basic general nursing, you must be a registered midwife psychiatric nurse. You must possess a valid license from the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- Requirements for Post Basic Midwifery are similar to post-basic general nursing; you must have a valid license obtained from the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
How Many Years Is The School Of Nursing Osogbo?
The duration you will spend in the school depends on the course or program you applied for.
- For basic general nursing programs, the course duration is three years.
- The duration for post basic general nursing program is 18 months.
- The duration for post basic midwifery nursing program is also 18 months.
What Are The Programs Available At The School Of Nursing Osogbo?
There are three to four programs available at the School of Nursing Osogbo. These include;
- Basic General Nursing; The requirements are the same as we listed above, O-level certificate or awaiting result; the application cost is N7,858.0.
- Post Midwifery; After obtaining the requirements, the application payment is also N7,000.
- Post Basic General Nursing; The application fee for post-basic general nursing is N15,000.
- Post Basic Midwifery; The application fee for post-basic midwifery is also N15,000.
How To Apply For Admission To The School Of Nursing Osogbo
Below are the steps you should follow when applying for admission to the School of Nursing Osogbo.
- The first thing you should do is visit the school portal at https://admission.schoolofnursingosogbo.ng/create_account.php
- Create an account using a valid email address and a password you will remember easily.
- Confirm that the details you put in are accurate.
- Insert your first name, last name, and active phone number
- Choose your preferred program
- Click sign up
- If you are applying for admission to basic general nursing or post Midwifery, as we mentioned earlier, you will be required to pay a sum of N7,000 plus 150 bank charges. While for post-basic general nursing and Post basic midwifery, you will make a payment of N15,000 per session plus bank charges of 150.
- You will move to the section where you will make your payment. There are two methods you can choose to make the payment, either through the Flutterwave platform or using your active bank debit card.
- Ensure you fill the form properly using valid information; secure your password because that is what you will use during your subsequent logins. Once you finish registering, click the Login Button, and you will be directly transferred to your dashboard.
How Much Is The School Of Nursing Osogbo Tuition Fee?
The management and authority of the School of Nursing Osogbo have released the tuition fee for students seeking admission for the 2023/2024 session. The school fees we will mention below include other expenses like medical assistance, uniform costs for new students, acceptance fees, caution fees, and additional related fees.
But, you should note that you will be required to pay the acceptance fee first once you are admitted into the school. This is because the proof of payment will allow you to access your provisional admission letter.
Note: the school accepts installment payments. This is to help students and parents that are less privileged to pay their ward’s school fees. However, late payment can lead to extra charges, and failure to pay the entire school fee means the student will not be allowed to sit for their examination; this is the school rule approved by the School of Nursing Osogbo Management.
The tuition fee for fresh students is N150,000 per session, excluding accommodation fees, acceptance fees, departmental dues, and other related fees.
The School of Nursing Osogbo is among the top nursing schools in Nigeria that offers nursing and related courses. If you are interested in applying for the school, you must have at least five credits from any O-level result combining Mathematics, English Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Once you have that, you will sit for a Post UTME entrance examination; the cut-off mark is 55. The school offers four different Nursing programs, including basic general nursing, basic midwifery, post Midwifery, and post-basic general nursing. The tuition fee for freshly admitted students is N150,000 per session excluding accommodation fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I obtain the School of Nursing Osogbo application form?
To obtain the application form for the School of Nursing Osogbo, you can visit the school’s official website or the admission office in person. The website or admission office will provide instructions on how to complete and submit the form.
When is the entrance examination and interview conducted?
The dates for the entrance examination and interview for the School of Nursing Osogbo are typically announced on the official website or through other official channels. It is important to stay updated by regularly checking the school’s website or contacting the admission office.
What subjects are covered in the entrance examination?
The entrance examination for the School of Nursing Osogbo usually covers subjects such as English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, and Physics. It is important to prepare for these subjects to increase your chances of success.
Can I apply for the School of Nursing Osogbo admission if I have a diploma or degree in a different field?
Yes, candidates with a diploma or degree in a different field can still apply for the School of Nursing Osogbo admission. However, it is important to check the specific admission requirements of the school to determine if any additional conditions or considerations apply.
Are there any other requirements for admission?
In addition to meeting the academic eligibility criteria and passing the entrance examination, candidates may be required to provide other documents such as birth certificates, passport photographs, medical reports, and recommendation letters.
How much is a nurse paid in Nigeria?
The salary of a nurse in Nigeria can vary depending on various factors such as level of experience, location, and the employing organization (government or private sector). Generally, entry-level nurses can earn between ₦50,000 to ₦100,000 per month, while experienced nurses or those in specialized fields may earn higher salaries ranging from ₦100,000 to ₦300,000 per month or more.
What is the admission process for the School of Nursing Osogbo?
The admission process for the School of Nursing Osogbo typically involves meeting the eligibility criteria, completing an application form, and successfully passing the entrance examination and interview.
Nursinghealth.org – school of Nursing Osogbo admission form
Schoolcontent.info – Osun state school of Nursing
Naijaschools.com – school of Nursing Osogbo cutoff mark
Infoguidenigeria.com – school of Nursing Osogbo admission form
University of Maiduguri cutOff Mark, Post Utme And Admission Process 2023
University Of Ibadan Courses And Cut Off Mark
Courses Offered in University of Ilorin and Their Cut Off Marks