While many applicants are asking what the Rice University acceptance rate 2021 is for the class of 2025, others are asking ‘how hard is it to get into Rice’?
If you wish to know how hard it is to get into Rice and get accepted, then this article will guide you on that thought the Rice acceptance rate and admission statistics.
From what you will see here, you will be able to understand how hard or easy it is to get into Rice University with your current academic credentials and documents.
Other details on the test scores (SAT/ACT), GPA, grades, and other requirements needed to gain admission at Rice University for First-year (freshman), transfer students, and international students will all be made known.
The Rice University Acceptance Rate 2021 is 11% for Class of 2025.
Rice University Acceptance Rate 2021 is 11%. The acceptance rate includes that of the;
- Rice transfer acceptance rate
- Freshman acceptance rate
- Early Decision Acceptance Rate Class of 2025 (estimated)
Disclaimer: The Rice acceptance rate shown above is estimated base on past years’ admission rates. The above will remain estimated until the actual acceptance rate for 2021 is released by the institution.
Kindly stay calm and read down to see the detailed breakdown of the admission statistics and the test scores and grades needed to get into Rice university from past years Rice admission stats.
Is it hard to get into Rice University?
With a very low acceptance rate, we can draw it that Admission at Rice is hard especially if the applicant does not have an excellent academic background/records.
How hard is it to get into Rice and can I get accepted?
Rice ranks as the number 1 in Texas with the lowest acceptance rate because the school is highly competitive and selective. Therefore, the chances of admission at Rice are only guaranteed if you have an excellent academic record as shown below.
Rice Admission Requirements, ACT/SAT Test Score & GPA 2021
- Acceptance Rate: 11%
- Application Fee: $75 USD
SAT Score Requirements range:
- Reading/Writing: Ranging from 690 – 770
- Math: Ranging from 720 – 800
Average ACT Score Requirement: 32 – 35
Class Profile Admission Statistics,
We have made available good statistics that will help applicants to know how the Rice admission process goes and the rate at which applicants are picked for better understanding.
The Rice admission statistics shown below are gotten from the class of 2023 admission.
Early Decision Admission rate and stats:
- Number of applicants: 2,628
- Admitted applicants: 408
- Enrolled: 396
- Early Decision Acceptance rate: 6%
Regular Decision Admission Stats and rate:
- Total Number of applicants: 24,459
- Number of Admitted applicants: 1,953
- Enrolled: 568
- Regular Decision Acceptance rate: 8%
Admitted Students by Gender
- Female students: 48%
- Male students: 52%
Admitted Students Geographic Location
- In-State: 40%
- Outside of State: 49%
- International students: 11%
Admitted Students Diversity
- Asian American: 33%
- Caucasian: 35%
- Latino: 18%
- African American: 8%
- Multiracial: 5%
- Other race: 0%
International Students By Countries:
Most admitted international students came from, Australia, Russia, Canada, Rwanda, China, South Africa, Costa Rica, South Korea, Finland, Spain, Greece, Taiwan, India, and so on.
Undergraduate Freshman Admission (First-year)
The first-year freshman applications for admission usually receive a decision within some weeks. Undergraduate freshmen (including international students) who wish to apply for admission should take note of the following information:
- Fall season
- Spring season
- Common Application Portal
- Coalition Application Portal
- My UC Application Portal
Rice University Admission Deadlines
All admission process at Rice begins during the Fall or Spring seasons. There are specific deadlines for Early Action, Early Decision, and Regular Decision as shown below:
- Early Action Deadlines: November, February
- Regular Decision Deadlines: January, April
- Transfer Students Deadlines: February
- Application Deadlines for International students: November
Kindly check the official admission page to get full details on the available deadlines
Rice University Admission Requirements
- English Test (for International Students only) TOEFL or IELTS.
- Application Fee: 75 USD
- Submit Test Score (ACT or SAT score) which may not be compulsory
Other Supporting Documents are:
- Transcript evaluation and SOP
- Official high school transcripts
- Recommendations from two teachers
- School report (counselor recommendation)
Rice Admission Office Address and Contact
- 6100 Main St., Houston, TX 77005-1827
- Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1892, Houston, TX 77251-1892
- Contact Number: 713-348-7423
- Email: [email protected]
I believe the above information on the Rice University acceptance rate 2021 for the class of 2025, test scores (SAT/ACT), GPA, grades, and other admission requirements needed to gain admission is helpful?