4. A stationary ball is hit by an average force of 50N for a time range of 0.03sec. Calculate the impulse experienced by the ball.
The correct answer is A. 1.5N-sec
5. ___________ is the change of position of a body with time?
The correct answer is D. Motion
6. A body of mass 3.0kg moves with a velocity of 10ms-1. Calculate the momentum of the body.
The correct answer is C. 30.0kgms-1.
7. Calculate the acceleration of an unbalanced force of 20N acts on a 4.0kg mass.
The correct answer is A. 5ms-1.
8. A rocket is burning fuel at the rate of 200gs-1 and ejecting all the gas in one direction at the rate of 400ms-1. What is the maximum weight the rocket can have if it is going to move vertically upwards?
The correct answer is D. 80N. See the solution in the theory section
9. What are the magnitudes of two Forces (Force A & B) acting at a point at right angles, if their resultant force is 50N and their summed force 70N?
50N and 20N
40N and 30N
45N and 25N
20N and 40N
60N and 10N
10. If a band is played on the moon, the sound will_____________?
be heard by us faintly
be heard up to 10km from it
not be heard at any distance at all from it
The correct answer is D) not be heard at any distance at all from it
Solved Answers to NECO Theory Questions 2020 Samples
Some of the OBJ questions above have been completely solved in this NECO physics theory sample questions answers section.
So, follow the steps below and see how each of the questions is solved. Take note of the steps used in solving them.
1. Calculate the distance covered by a car that travels at an average speed of 100kmh-1 in 5minutes.
Solving the solution to question one:
Firstly, convert the speed from kmh-1 to km per minute since the time is in minutes. Thus; 100km per hour = 100/60km per minute.
The formula: Speed = distance/time, but make distance the subject of the formula since we are calculating for distance. Therefore, Distance = speed X time
= 100/60 x 5 = 8.3km Ans.
2. Calculate the acceleration of an unbalanced force of 20N acts on a 4.0kg mass.
Solving the solution to question two:
Formula; F = ma
Where F =20N, and M=4.0kg; therefore 20N = 4a; 20/4 = 4/4
Making “a” the subject of the formula, we have; a = 5ms-1 Ans.
3. A body of mass 3.0kg moves with a velocity of 10ms-1. Calculate the momentum of the body.
=3 x 10
Important Physics Formulas and Terminologies
Speed = distance/time
Velocity = displacement/time
Acceleration = Change in velocity/time taken for the change
Try the following questions by yourself:
Define Kinetic energy and give its formula.
What is boiling
Give the boiling points of the following liquids;
When is work said to be done?
Calculate the work done by a man who pushes a load of mass 50kg, through a plane incline at 300 to the ground over a distance of 12m [Take the force of gravity (g)=10m/s2
NECO Past Questions and Answers for Physics 2020
The following are sample questions gotten from past questions. Study and take note of their answers in case you come across similar questions in the exam.
1. Which of the following describes the working principle of a washing machine?
The correct answer is C) centrifugation
2. The Unit at which Nuclear sizes are expressed is known as _____?
The correct answer is A), Fermi
3. In which of this medium will the speed of light be minimum When passing through?
The correct answer is: D) Glass
4. All the following are vector quantities, Except_______?
The correct answer is A) speed
5. Which of the following will an Air bubble in water act like?
The Correct Answer is C) concave lens
6. Which of the bulbs will fuse if Two electric bulbs say 25W – 220V & 100W – 220V are connected in series to a 440V power supply?
The correct answer is A) 25 W
7. Why is the core of an electromagnet made of soft iron____? because it has:
small susceptibility and small retentivity
large susceptibility and small retentivity
large density and large retentivity
small density and large retentivity
The correct answer is B) large susceptibility and small retentivity
8. Which of the following Term are the Masses of stars and galaxies usually expressed?
The Correct Answer is C) Solar Mass
9. Which of the following effects governs the working of the quartz crystal in the watch?
Correct Answer is A) Piezoelectric Effect
I am glad this material was useful to you. Proper use of these quick samples of NECO Physics questions 2020 and the correct NECO physics answers 2020 as shown above to practice with will help you a lot in this exam.
These are not the actual Questions that you will see in the NECO Physics Exam paper. But they are questions that may likely be repeated.