All NECO Biology Questions and Answers will come from this NECO Syllabus for Biology 2021 and that is why this syllabus is very important and recommendable.
The Syllabus will help you a lot when you are studying and preparing for the NECO Exam because it will give you an idea on the topics that NECO will set the questions for this subject from.
This page contains both the area of concentration for biology, the biology topics to read for the 2021 NECO, and the best/recommended textbooks to read for this subject.
2021 NECO Syllabus For Biology And Topics To Read
Like I said before, the NECO Syllabus for biology is the most excellent and recommended material for NECO candidates who want to know the topics they should read for the exam.
Below is the summary of the area of concentration for biology, the recommended topics to read for the NECO biology 2021 exam.
NECO Registration form is Obtainable HERE
Introduction to Biology: Read and note the following
- Biology as a science of life
- Scope of Biology
- Procedure for biological work
- The Importants of Biology
- Function of Biology equipments like the microscope
- Learn Biological drawings
2. Living Things: Know the classification of living things
Study the life processes in the following organisms;
Learn how to identify organisms using the biological keys
- Prokaryotes: (Kingdom Monera)
- Eukaryotes: Kingdom Protista, Kingdom Fungi, Kingdom Plantae, Kingdom Animalia
4. Levels of classification;
5. Organization of life (Levels of organization)
6. Cell structure, functions, components, and its environment
- Animal and plant cells.
- active transport
- Study the different types of reproduction (asexual and sexual).
- Know the reproduction process in basic plants and animals as you were taught in the class.
Reproductive system in plants and mammals. Take note and study the following;
- Male and female reproductive organs.
- Solved NECO Biology Questions and Answers expo for 2021
- Correct NECO Biology practical specimens and answers solution for 2021
Study the reproduction process in;
Know the reproduction process in plants (Pollination)
12. Tissues and supporting systems: Skeleton and supporting fluids in animals and plants
13. Systems in plants and animals:
- Transport System: Transport in plants and animals.
- Respiratory System: Respiration in plants and animals
- Excretory Systems: Excretion in Plants and animals
- Excretory systems: Kidney, stomata, and lenticels
Know the functions of the following;
- The skin:
- Animals hormones
- Plant hormones
15. Glands: Study about the following glands
- Endocrine glands
- Pituitary gland
16. Nervous System (central nervous system)
17. Sense Organs and their functions: The five sense organs are;
18. Nutrition in Plant and Animal
- Plants: Photosynthesis in plants
- Animals: Source and classes of food, balanced diet, digestive system, mode of Nutrition in different animals and organisms.
19. Dental Formula: Study everything about the teeth.
- Food chain and web
- Energy flow
- Food and Energy
- Pyramid of energy and numbers.
21. Ecological Management:
- causes of pollution
- Types of pollutions
- Sources of pollution
- Effects of pollution
- Prevention and management of pollution.
23. Ecology of population
- Biological importance of pest.
- How to control pest
25. Microorganisms: read everything under microorganism.
26. Conservation of Natural Resources like;
- Variation in Population
- Morphological Variations
- Physiological Variations
28. Heredity (Genetics)
- Probability in genetics
- Application of Hereditary in medicine and agriculture
Important terms to note: Find the meaning of the following terms;
- test cross
- back cross
29. Adaptation in plants and animals
31. Cell Biology
- Endocytosis and Exocytosis
- Nucleic acids
- The DNA
- Protein synthesis
- Cell cycle
32. Muscles: Read about the muscle and how it functions
33. Plant Structure
- Monocotyledon and dicotyledon.
- Reproduction: Floral formula
34. Human Health and hygiene
- Community health
- First Aid
- Drug abuse
- and, Drugs misuse
36. Application of Biology in Agriculture and technology
- Food industry
- Biological fuel
- Biology in farm practices like bush burning, animal rearing tillage, fertilizer, production of herbicide and pesticide and different farming methods
37. Study about the following
- Cell theory
- responses (nastism and taxis)
- evoke responses such as temperature, pH, etc.
38. Diseases and remedies.
- Study and know the common diseases of different systems and organs of the body
39. Application of Variations: Study the application of variation in the following fields;
- Blood transfusion
- Crime detection
- Determination of paternity
How to cover this NECO Biology Syllabus in less than a 2 weeks
To make it easier for candidates, they may not have to go through all their textbooks to cover all the topics in it. For that reason, there are basic techniques you apply to help you cover your syllabus faster.
Here are the the simplest and recommended skills and methods to cover up your NECO Biology syllabus in less than 2 weeks.
- Go through the topics in the entire syllabus thoroughly and note them.
- Search for good study materials including textbooks.
- You can also download some materials and textbooks online.
- Make notes as you go through each topic and use it for revision.
- Jot down important points and hints and remember them whenever you are studying this subject.
- Form simple Abbreviation (acronyms) for yourself and use them to memorize.
- After a long study, pause and practice past question.
- Give yourself break to relax your brain.
- Set questions for yourself on each topic that you complete and try answering them.
Was this NECO syllabus for Biology 2021 material useful and helpful to you? If yes, then kindly recommend us to others and do well to always visit us. You are free to ask us any question using the comment section below.Follow Us For All Canada Jobs and Scholarship Update