What is the MIT Acceptance Rate 2021? You will be able to find out the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Admission rate 2021, for the class of 2025 admission of the incoming students.
The admission rate for undergraduate freshman (first-year), transfer students, Grad school (graduate), etc, for both in-state, out-of-state, and international students will be made known on this page.
Admission chances at MIT: admission at MIT is quite difficult because their admissions are a bit selective and the acceptance, as recorded from previous admission years records that there was a year their acceptance rate was as low as 7%. Now, let’s look into the acceptance rate for the class of 2025.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology is a private research university located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The institute is a sea-grant, space-grant, and a land-grant university, with an urban campus that extends more than a mile alongside the Charles River.
MIT Acceptance Rate 2021 and Chances of Admission
To fully have a better insight on how easy or difficult it is to gain admission at MIT, one has to go into a deeper analysis of last year’s admission statistics.
With the MIT admission statistics, applicants will be able to get better information on the admission rate, and also know whether there had been an increment or decrement in the acceptance rate, by comparing and contrasting the different data obtained from each past year’s admission data.
This data will also help applicants to understand the complexities, easiness, and difficulties in getting into MIT, and that will help you to make a better decision of whether to apply or drawback and try other schools.
For this reason, MIT has decided to always publish its admissions stat, admission rate (acceptance rate), admission test requirements, and admission distribution data to help interested applicants make their decisions.
MIT Early Admission Rate & Regular Decision
Below are the past MIT Early Admissions & Regular Decision acceptance rate and the estimated admission rate for this year.
|Class of 2025 acceptance rate||7% (estimated)|
|Class of 2024 an acceptance rate||7.3%|
|Class of 2023 acceptance rate||6.62%.|
|Class of 2022 acceptance rate||6.74%.|
|Class of 2020 acceptance rate||7.81%.|
- The best SAT to get into MIT
- Best Act Score to get into MIT
- Check out cceptance rate for all colleges and Universities
- Free Universities in the USA
- How to attain College for free
- Internship program for students
- College Scholarships by Major
- Grants for Universities and Colleges students
- Free $5,000 Money for students
In the MIT holistic admissions process, they consider qualifications like test scores, and GPA and also care very much about the match of their applicants with MIT.
How MIT considers qualitative characteristics in their holistic admission process is totally unknown since such are much harder to quantify.
The most important admission factor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology is not the quantity of the applicants but the quality. So, MIT admits people, not numbers.
Admission Rate and Statistics
Note: Meeting all the data stated below is not a 100% assurance that you will surely gain admission into MIT because these data do not determine the MIT 2021 admission process and policies.
Meanwhile, there are actual data from past MIT undergraduate admission’s decision and statistics which will help you to scale your chances of getting in this year.
- Total Application Received: 21,706
SAT Score Requirement Range: 1500-1570
- Reading: 720-770
- Math: 780-800
- Percentage of Applicants that Submitted SAT: 75%
ACT Score Requirements: 34-36
- English: 34-36
- Math: 34-36
- Writing: 8-10
- Percentage of Applicants that submitted ACT: 48%
- Do they, Offers Early Decision? No
- Offers Early Action? Yes
- Application Fee: $75
- The application fee may differ per program. Waive available
- Admission Portal: https://mitadmissions.org/apply/process/stats/
What are the requirements for admission to MIT?
- When applying, you will need a High School:
- High School Rank (optional)
- College Prep Courses
- Test score (SAT/ACT)
- Letters of recommendation (from a teacher)
- Graduation rate: 90%
- First-time full-time Graduation rate completed within 6 years: 90%, Within 8 years: 91%
- Acceptance rate: 7%
- Undergraduate enrollment: 4k+
- Average annual cost Of Study (Tuition, fees, etc.):
- Cost Before aid $70,240
- After aid $20,771 (Aids mostly come from grants and scholarships)
Cost by household income
|Household income||Average cost after aid|
|Less than $30,000||$7,432|
|More than $110,001||$40,162|
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Admission Office Address And Contact:
- Address: 77 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, United States
- Phone: +1 617-253-1000