Best Laptop For Computer Science Students – If you are searching for the best laptop for your Computer Science journey then this article is for you. It can be the right step in the right direction to pick and select the best device for yourself, and it can help you keep up with the demanding workload in studying computer science.
In choosing a laptop for your computer science journey as a student, you should go for certain features that best suits your area of studies. It is recommended that laptops should have not less than 16GB of RAM, you should check if the laptop is light in weight and then check if it is compactible with your study softwares, check how long that the battery life can stay, check the storage on the laptop, it is usually recommended that computer laptops should have not less than 512GB of storage, check if the laptop screen is well optimized for viewing codes and graphs another Bonus is to check if the laptop have a touch screen ? Last but most importantly, you should check the price!
Basic Features to Look Out For in a Laptop For Computer Science Students
- Check the Central Processing Unit (CPU ) : The recent versions of processors for both Intel and AMD is able to handle computer science software easily. Even though Intel i7s and AMD Ryzen 7s are much more rapid, the corresponding i5s and Ryzed 5s are also powerful enough and it should be able to meet your needs. As the ‘’brain’’ and processor of your new laptop, the CPU capacity should be the priority.
- The Random Access Memory (RAM) : The best size of RAM a computer science laptop should look out for is one with up to 16GB , although one of 8gb can actually serve for those students who are buying on a budget, just don’t expect that the laptop will be able to last you as long. Nonetheless, given the fact that your computer processing unit will be powerful enough, you could also manage buying a laptop that is only 8GB size, this is effect when most laptops can take future upgrades to more than 16GB .
- Graphics Card: As luck may have it, the times when a costly dedicated graphics card was crucial for a computer student has passed. The integrated graphics that is provided by both Intel and AMD CPUs can be able to manipulate computing softwares.
- Storage: With SSD drive, it is a perfect investment as it deals with the speed of your computer and this is actually preferred when compared to a hard disk drive HDD. Fortunately, most of the recent laptop designs are are responsible for one of them. Even though the ideal size for a computer science student is up to 500GB of storage, your college need as a computer science student will also be covered with just 256GB storage.
- Screen quality: As a computer science student, it is good you bear in mind that you have to spend a lot of hours working with your laptop which means you have to be looking at the screen back and front . This means that , a High-Quality display with perfect viewing angles should be a of great priority for you. Also, your working screen should be between 13 to 15 inches to make sure that a fluid process of multi-tasking with various windows open at the same time.
- The Laptop Brand: Asus brand, Acer and HP brands have proven to have good batteries and their laptops can last for the test of time, which is vital for you as a student. The built-in cameras that comes with it also prove to be clear enough for upcoming video meetings you may be having at the course of your study.
List of the Best Laptop For Computer Science Students
- Apple MacBook Pro Apple M1
- ASUS Vivo-Book 15
- Dell 9310 XPS
- LG Gram 17Z90P
- Lenovo Yoga 6 Laptop
- Dell XPS 9700 Laptop
Specifications for Best Laptops For Computer Science Students
1 Apple MacBook Pro Apple M1
The Screen quality is 13.3″ with Retina Display
The Central processing unit: Apple M1 chip with 8-core Cental processing unit and 8-core GPU
RAM Random access memory: 16 Gigabytes
Storage Space: 512GB SSD
Device Weight: six pounds
2 ASUS Vivo-Book 15
Screen: 15.6″ Full HD (1920 by 1080) 60Hz IPS Display
Central processing unit: AMD Ryzen 7 5700U 1.80GHz Processor (up to 4.3 GHz, 8MB Cache, 8-Cores)
Random access Memory: 16 Gigabytes
Storage Size: 512GB SSD
Device Weight: six pounds
3 Dell 9310 XPS
Screen Quality: 13.4 inches UHD+ (3840 by 2400) Infinity Edge Touch Anti-Reflective 500 Nit Display
Central processing unit: Intel Core i7-1185G7 Processor (12MB Cache, with like 4.8 GHz)
Random Access Memory: 32GB 4267 Megahertz LPD DR4x
Storage Size: 2 TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD
Device Weight: ( 2.8) pounds
4 LG Gram 17Z90P
Screen Quality: 13.3 inches full HD (1920 by 1080) IPS Touch 300 nits Display
Central processing unit: Intel core i7-1165G7 Processor
Random Access Memory: 16GB LPDDR4X 4266 megahertz RAM
Storage: 2TB (2 by 1TB) PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD
Device Weight: 2.98 pounds
5 Lenovo Yoga 6 Laptop
Screen Quality: 13.3 inch full HD (1920 by 1080) IPS Touch 300 nits Display
Central processing unit: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Processor (2.0GHz based, with about 4.1 GHz, 8 cores, 8MB Cache)
Random Access Memory (RAM): 16 Gigabytes
Storage Size: 2TB NVMe SSD
Device Weight: 2.9 pounds
6 Dell XPS 9700 Laptop
Screen Quality: 17-inch 1920 by 1200 FHD Display
Central processing unit: Intel Core i7-11800H Eight-Core Processor 2.4GHz (5.3GHz With Turbo Boost)
Random Access Memory (RAM): 16 Gigabytes
Storage Size: 512GB NVMe SSD
Device Weight: 5.53 pounds
If you are a computer science students who is searching for the best laptop brand and quality that you need in the tech field of computer science. If you have made up your mind to buy a laptop for your computer science journey as a student and you want a laptop that goes well for most of your activities as a computer science student, you can pick a laptop based around if the above specs . They can successfully handle the type of computer science tasks that you will be needing as a computer science student, such as handling data structures, running algorithms, computer architecture as well as discrete mathematics.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which HP laptop is best for computer science?
HP ProBook 440 G5 laptop
Best MacBooks For Computer Science Students in 2023
Apple MacBook Air With M2 Processor. Specifications. …
MacBook Air With M1 Processor. Specifications. …
Apple MacBook Pro 2021 (16-inch) Specifications. …
Apple MacBook Pro 13-Inch With M2 Processor. Specifications. …
Apple MacBook Pro 14-Inch. Specifications.
Is a Mac okay for computer science students?
The MacBook Air M1 does look to have the specifications that would make it one of the best laptop for computer science students, such as a quality CPU, GPU, long battery life including lightweight design.
Is Apple laptop good for coding?
The best laptop for programming that have been tested is the Apple MacBook Pro 16
Do students need MacBook?
MacBooks are the best options for students, because they offer power portability.
- Mediapeanut.com – 7 Best Budget Laptops for Computer Science Students | 2023
- Burakboga.com – Best Laptops for Computer Science Students 2023
- Cs101.com – 6 Best Laptops for Computer Science Students in 2022 [Infographic]
- Nextbookusa.com – Top 8 Laptops for Computer Science Students in 2023 – Reviewed by Experts
- Saltmoney.org – Best Laptops For Computer Science Students In April 2023
- Anyinstructor.com – 5 Best Laptop for Computer Science Students: Reviewed! (2023)