2021 candidates can now free JAMB English Syllabus for 2021. The use of English is the only compulsory subject in JAMB that must be written by all candidates. The JAMB English exam has 60 questions set from the topics in the JAMB 2021 use-of-English syllabus.
So all candidates are to use this 2021 JAMB syllabus for English to prepare for their JAMB exam. As a matter of fact, this JAMB 2021 use of English syllabus covers all the topics that JAMB will set use of English questions from.
Topics That JAMB Will Set Use of English Questions From
Both the 2021 JAMB area of concentration for English, JAMB use of English recommended textbooks for 2021 and the topics to read for the JAMB 2021 English exam will be made known as you read ahead. JAMB Use of English Questions will be set from these three categories:
- Comprehension and Summary passages
- Structure and Lexis
- Oral English
1. Comprehension and Summary passages
You will be given a passage to read and questions will thereby answer the questions that will follow the reading passage. The reading passage might be a comprehension or summary passages. Questions from the 2021 JAMB Recommended Novel will also fall into this category. Download the JAMB 2021 recommended Novel summary.
2. Structure and Lexis:
Questions from structure and lexis will be set from synonyms, antonyms, homonyms, sentence patterns (Clauses and phrases), and word classes like:
- Concord rules
- Question tags
- Punctuation and spelling
- Ordinary usage
- Idiomatic expressions.
3. Oral English:
All the JAMB Of English questions that will be set from Oral English will be set from the following topics:
JAMB English Language Recommended Textbooks For 2021
- Practice in Spoken English by Attah, M.
- English Lexis and Structure by Bamgbose.
- New Oxford Secondary English Course Book Six by Banjo.
- Essential Oral English by Caesar
- Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary by Daniel Jones
- Mastering English Usage and Communication Skills, by Egbe.
- Oral English by Elugbe, B.
- Senior English Project 3, by N. J. H, Nnamonu, and Co.
- Round-up English, by Idowu, Sogbesan, T. S, and Co.
- Oral English at Your Fingertips by Idris.
- Grammar and Composition in the G.S.M. Age by Igiligi, and Ogenyi
- Oral English by Jauro, L. B.
- Common Errors in English by Jowitt, and Nnamonu.
- Obinna, M. F. (2001). University Matriculation Use of English,(Fourth Edition) Port Harcourt: Sunray Books Limited
JAMB English Area of Concentration
Make sure you use the following materials listed below effectively along with the Syllabus above. Endeavor to download the JAMB use of English syllables 2021 and use it anytime you wish. Know that the topics in the above JAMB 2021 English syllabus are the topics 2021 JAMB English questions will be set from.
- JAMB 2021 Brochure
- 2021 JAMB Compulsory Novel.
- Free JAMB CBT Practice App.
- Low JAMB Score/Result Upgrading tool
- The secret to Score 300 and above revealed.
- Questions and Answers for JAMB Literature
- Step-by-step preparation guide for 2021 JAMB Exam
If you want to pass your 2021 JAMB English Language exam very well, use the syllabus with all the materials I listed above. Those materials are free and the PDF file of the syllables is free to download.
Do you still have more questions to ask, or is there anything you wish to find out from us? If yes, then use the comment box below to send us a message and also share this syllabus to others.