One of the most reliable materials for the 2021 JAMB candidates who will write Literature as one of their subjects is the JAMB Literature Syllabus for 2021. If you are one of the JAMB candidates writing this subject, then I will strongly recommend you to make use of this syllabus.
You will be able to Download Pdf the JAMB Literature in English Syllabus 2021 as you read down. Note: the content on this page covers both the JAMB Literature area of concentration which are the topics that JAMB will set the 2021 Literature questions from.
Below the syllabus is the JAMB Literature recommended textbooks, novels, and other relevant material that will help you to pass the exam.
- 1 JAMB Literature Area of Concentration (Topics Questions will be set From)
- 2 Download Free JAMB Literature in English Syllabus 2021
- 3 Topics under poetry.
- 4 Area of concentration under Prose
- 5 Topics of Focus in Drama
- 6 Literary Principles & Literary Appreciation
- 7 JAMB literature Text for 2021 (Recommended Novels).
- 8 JAMB Literature in English Recommended Textbooks For 2021
- 9 Materials to use along with this JAMB Literature-in-English Syllables
JAMB Literature Area of Concentration (Topics Questions will be set From)
All the 2021 JAMB Literature questions will be set from the topics contained in the Literature syllabus. To get a better result and prepare well for 2021 JAMB, I will advise you to use this syllabus along with past questions and answers.
With this JAMB Literature syllabus for 2021, you will be able to get all the relevant information regarding the JAMB literature exam (ranging from the area of concentration to the topics JAMB will set literature questions from).
If you can study effectively with this syllabus, then your result will be a better and impressive one. So, make use of this syllabus if you want to know the contents of each of the topics in JAMB literature in English and do well to take short notes anytime you are doing your study.
Bonus: Secret revealed on how to score 300+ in JAMB 2021
Download Free JAMB Literature in English Syllabus 2021
Below are the topics that JAMB will set Literature questions from. Please, treat these topics as very important because they are the only reliable Literature Area of concentration to work with.
You will also have access to the recommended JAMB Literature textbooks and Novel as you read down. Also, read to the end to download free JAMB Literature in English Syllabus 2021.
Topics under poetry.
Firstly, study all types of Poetry. The major types of Poetry are blank Verse sonnet, ode, lyrics, elegy, ballad, panegyric, epic, etc. Also know the basic poetic devices which are the structure, imagery, sound, diction, and persona. Sound as a poetic device include:
- Rhyme or Rhythm,
- Onomatopoeia, etc.)
Area of concentration under Prose
Start by knowing the different types of Prose. Basically, there are three types of Prose which are fiction, Non-fiction, and Faction. Under fiction, we have sub-topics like novel, novella or novelette and short stories. While for Non-fiction, we have sub-topics like biography, autobiography, memoir, and faction deals basically with the combination of fact & fiction. Also, understand all the narrative techniques in prose and the basic textual Analysis
Topics of Focus in Drama
Under Drama, candidates should endeavor to know the different types of dramas (Tragedy, Comedy, Tragicomedy, Melodrama, Farce, Opera, etc.) and their definitions.
Secondly, candidates should also know the different techniques drama setting and staging (Characterization, Dialogue, Flashback, Mime, Costume, Music, Dance, Décor & scenery, Acts & Scenes, Soliloquy & aside, and Figures of Speech)
Also, study to know how to Interpret prescribed texts in drama. Know the following contexts (Theme, Plot, Socio-political context, and Setting)
Literary Principles & Literary Appreciation
The basic terms in literary principles are:
- Figures Of Speech,
- Stream of consciousness, also do well to study and take note of all the literary principles
JAMB literature Text for 2021 (Recommended Novels).
Below is the list of the recommended JAMB literature Text (Novels, Dramas, Prose) and so on, for 2021 candidates.
- Recommended African drama: Harvest of Corruption by Frank O. Ogbeche.
- Non-African drama: Othello by William Shakespeare
- African Prose: Faceless by Amma Darko and Lonely Days by Bayo Adebowale
- Non-African Prose: Native Son by Richard Wright.
- African Poetry: Vanity by Birago Diop, Ambush by Gbemisola Adeoti, Piano and Drums by Gabriel Okara, the dining table by Gbanabam Hallowell, the panic of growing older by Lenrie Peter, and the Anvil and the Hammer by Kofi Awoonor.
- Non-African Poetry: Crossing the Bar by Alfred Tennyson, the Pulley by George Herbert, the School Boy by William Blake and the Bard by Thomas Gray: Download JAMB Literature Syllables 2021 in Pdf
JAMB Literature in English Recommended Textbooks For 2021
- Naked Soles by Gbemisola
- The Penguin Book of English Verse by Hayward, J.
- New Poetry from Africa by Johnson, R.
- Oxford Anthology of English Literature, Vol. II, by Kermode, F.
- West African Verse, by Nwoga D.
- A Selection of African Poetry, by Vincent, T. & Senanu, K. E.
- Poems of Black Africa by Soyinka, W.
RECOMMENDED LITERATURE CRITICAL TEXTS
- A Glossary of Literary Terms, by Abrams, M. H. (4th Edition)
- Dictionary of Literature, by Emeaba, O. E.
- Understanding Unseen, by Murphy, M. J.
Materials to use along with this JAMB Literature-in-English Syllables
Apart from the JAMB Literature syllabus, recommended textbooks and novels, other materials that will help you to score better in this exam are listed below and they can be downloaded for free.
- JAMB 2021 Brochure
- 2021 JAMB Compulsory Novel.
- Free JAMB CBT Practice App.
- Low JAMB Score/Result Upgrading tool
- The secret to Score 300 and above revealed.
- Questions and Answers for JAMB Literature
- Step-by-step preparation guide for 2021 JAMB Exam
That was the free JAMB Literature in English Syllabus 2021 and area of concentration which the topics that JAMB will set the 2021 Literature questions will come from and all was brought to you by studentmajor.com.
I am sure you have known the topics you should read for your 2021 JAMB Literature-in-English Exam? If you need more from us, use the comment box below to reach out to us and do well to share this information with other candidates that you know.