- 1 Share this
- 2 When will JAMB Direct Entry (D.E) Registration for 2021 start?
- 3 How to Register JAMB Direct Entry (DE) 2021| Registration Procedure on Portal.
- 4 D.E Fresh/New Application Method
- 5 How to Create Direct Entry JAMB Profile
- 6 JAMB DE Application Method by Upgrading
- 7 How to Upgrade JAMB profile from UTME to Direct Entry?
- 8 How Much is JAMB D.E registration Fee, Price/Total Cost
- 9 Eligibility/Requirements for JAMB Direct Entry registration 2021
- 10 Required Details for Registration at CBT centers
- 11 Registration Closing Date (Deadline) and Starting Date
- 12 Share this
- 13 Related
This article covers the latest information on the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board – JAMB Direct Entry form for 2021, how to register, and the registration requirements.
At the end of this article, you will know when the JAMB Direct entry registration 2021 will start and end (registration deadline) and the registration fee/cost for 2021 applicants.
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board have released the guidelines and procedure that interested applicants should follow to apply for the 2021 direct entry exam.
Every other important JAMB D.E update for 2021 for interested candidates is also explained in this article with legit information from a legit source and a direct link to carry out your registration.
When will JAMB Direct Entry (D.E) Registration for 2021 start?
Due to some delays that occurred in fixing the actual registration date for 2021, the registration period had come later than supposed.
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Direct Entry (D.E) registration for 2021 will start from April 8 2021 and end on May 15, 2021.
Firstly, the direct entry admission is for candidates who might have obtained an OND/HND/NCE from a known institution or program like JUPEB.
Such applicants are to apply and take part in the 2021 JAMB direct entry exam and obtain a satisfying score and then apply for admission at their chosen institution and start studies from level 2021 (year 2).
Direct entry candidates must follow the same application process and procedure just as those applying through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination UTME.
The next step below is the complete registration procedure and steps to apply via the JAMB direct entry portal with the requirements and registration deadline for the 2021 application.
How to Register JAMB Direct Entry (DE) 2021| Registration Procedure on Portal.
All Direct entry applicants are to carry out their JAMB registration at CBT Centers. Only accredited CBT centers are approved for 2021 JAMB DE registration.
- At first, applicants are to create a JAMB profile here.
- Next is to buy your registration ePin from approved vendors.
- Follow the steps below to apply:
I will recommend and explain two ways that candidates can use to apply for the Direct Entry Exam. The first method is the Fresh/New Application while the second is the application by upgrading.
D.E Fresh/New Application Method
This application method is for direct entry candidates with IJMB, NCE/ND, JUPEB, NABTEB Advanced, Cambridge, HND, or BSc who did not gain admission through JAMB.
Such candidates are to start afresh registration from the crash by starting with JAMB profile creation. But those who have an active JAMB profile should scroll down to the next section to see their application method.
For the fresh registrants, start by creating a JAMB profile here. Such candidates can also do JAMB regularization here to validate their admission information if they were not admitted through JAMB
How to Create Direct Entry JAMB Profile
All fresh applicants are to start by creating a JAMB profile by sending “YOUR FULL NAME” to 55019 through SMS with the phone number you wish to use for JAMB registration. Create a JAMB profile here.
On sending the above SMS, the candidate will be charged N50 and your profile confirmation code will be sent to the phone number that you use. Candidates are to use the confirmation code to purchase their ePIN.
JAMB DE Application Method by Upgrading
This method is for Interested JAMB candidates who might have applied for JAMB as a UTME candidate but later want to change and apply as a Direct Entry candidate.
Since JAMB doesn’t allow candidates to register as Direct Entry and UTME at the same time, such candidates above will have to upgrade their application to D.E.
This can easily be done by upgrading your JAMB profile from UTME to the DE of that same year.
- Visit JAMB Direct Entry Portal for registration @https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/
How to Upgrade JAMB profile from UTME to Direct Entry?
Candidates who wish to upgrade their JAMB profile from UTME to Direct Entry do not have to buy a new D.E form. All they are to do is upgrade their existing UTME profile to DE.
- Visit any nearest JAMB office to upgrade from your profile.
Note: Candidates will not be charged for this. So you will not have to pay anything for the upgrade. For easiness, you can visit any nearest JAMB office to do your upgrade. Visit any CBT center for more information on this.
How Much is JAMB D.E registration Fee, Price/Total Cost
The JAMB Direct Entry (DE) ePin and registration fee for 2021 is three thousand, Five Hundred Naira, (N3,500) only. The ePin is the same as the D.E form price. So if you buy the ePin, you have automatically purchased the JAMB DE form.
Another payment will be for the JAMB Recommended Novel for 2021. The Novel is Five Hundred Naira (N500) only. See the JAMB approved Novel for 2021 here.
Now, all applicants are to carry out their application at JAMB approved CBT centers. As such, JAMB has recommended that all applicants must pay the sum of Seven Hundred Naira (N700) only, to the CBT center. See JAMB accredited CBT for 2021 in all states here.
Eligibility/Requirements for JAMB Direct Entry registration 2021
When you want to apply for the JAMB exam as a direct entry applicant, you must meet and provide the basic and needed requirements as shown below:
- Applicants must have obtained a valid certificate from any of IJMB, NCE/ND, JUPEB, NABTEB Advanced, Cambridge, HND, or BSc program.
- Provide and upload your O’level results (awaiting result accepted)
- Do fingerprint (biometric verification or Thumb printing).
- A passport photo with a white background.
- A minimum of 5 Credit passes in O’Level credit pass
- O’level should not be more than 2 sittings.
Required Details for Registration at CBT centers
- Registration fee of N700
- Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government
- Email and phone number
- Choice of institutions/Courses or programs
- O’level with grades (indicate if you are using awaiting result)
- JAMB Reg. No for previous institutional certiﬁcates
- Choice of examination town(s)
- Subject combination
- Indicate interest in Mock exam (optional)
- Biometric enrolment (Biometric Authentication).
- Print Registration Slip
- Passport photograph.
Registration Closing Date (Deadline) and Starting Date
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Direct Entry (DE) registration for 2021 will start from April 8 2021 and end on May 15, 2021.
What is the cost for JAMB direct entry registration 2021? As such, the total cost/fee or price for JAMB DE registration is N3,500+N500+700 =N4,700. So the total cost is Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira (N4,700) only.
The registration fee for international candidates is $20. Registration center is available for the eight international countries.
Note: After buying the ePin (form), candidates are advised to visit any JAMB approved CBT center to complete their registration and do biometrics verification (thumbprint).Follow Us For All Canada Jobs and Scholarship Update