This is the 2021 JAMB Agricultural Science syllabus that will be used for the 2021 Joint Admission Matriculation Board Agric science test.
The aim of this JAMB Agric science syllabus is to give JAMB candidates hints on the topics they should be expecting JAMB Agric questions from.
More so, the syllabus is one of the most recommended 2021 JAMB area of concentration that will help to specify what candidates should read and what not to read.
Additionally, I have also listed down the names and authors of JAMB recommended textbooks for Agric science that candidates should get and study with.
Also, scroll to the bottom to see the link to download this syllabus in PDF format for offline use and help us to share this with others that you know will need this kind of material.
Agric Topics to Read for 2021 JAMB Exam
Without taking more of your time any longer, the following are the JAMB 2021 area of concentration for Agric science and Agricultural Science topics to read for the 2021 JAMB exam.
1. Basic Introductions to Agriculture: Below are the topics to read
- Meaning of Agriculture
- Scope of Agriculture
- Branches of Agriculture
- Types of Agriculture
- History of Agricultural Development in West Africa
- Agricultural systems
- Problems of Agriculture and development
- Importance of Agriculture
- Agricultural Ecology
- Rocks and weathering
- Soil formation
- Properties of soil (Physical and Chemical properties)
- Soil profile
- Soil texture
- Soil structure
- Soil acidity and alkalinity
- The chemical and physical component of soil
- Soil Water
- Soil Conservation
- Soil Fertility
- Land Preparation
- Soil Tillage
3. Growth, Development, and Reproduction
- Formation and development of Embryo
- Propagation of Plant
- Nursery and its management
4. Cropping Systems: Some of the known cropping systems includes
- Planting Patterns
- Plant Densities
- Plant Forms and functions
5. Cropping systems: Candidates should study the following cropping system and know their advantages and disadvantages.
- Mixed cropping
- Relay cropping
- Strip cropping
- Rotational cropping
4. Crop Husbandry
- Scientific names of plants
- Plants/crops pests and diseases
- The economic value of plants and crops
- Pasture and Forage Crops
- Gross morphology
- Natural grasslands in West Africa
- Range management
- Crop improvement
- Ornamental trees
- Effects of weeds and control methods
- Forest management
- Importance of forest
- Forest products
- Forest Conservation and exploitation
- Afforestation and Deforestation
7. Animal Production
- Forms and classification of farm animals.
- Species of farm animals
- Distribution of farm animal
- Breeding of farm animals.
- Terminologies used in animal farming and production
- Common terminology in animal husbandry,
- Anatomy and physiology of farm animals
- tissues in farm animals and their functions
- Organs in farm animals and their functions
- Animal body systems
- Different kinds of Reproduction in farm animals
- Animal nutrition
- Nutrient deficiencies in farm animal
- Livestock management
- Animal Health, Diseases and control
- Animal Improvement
8. Fisheries and Wildlife
- Fish culture systems
- Types and species of fish
- Fish Farming
9. Wildlife management
- Bee Farming
- importance of apiculture
- Types of bees
- Methods use in apiculture
- Equipment used in bee-keeping
JAMB Agric Syllabus 2021/2021 Section II
11. Agriculture Economics and Extension: Study the factors of agricultural production: The four outstanding factors affecting agricultural production include
12. Basic Agricultural Economic Principles
13. Production functions are divided into
14. Study the following concepts:
- Stages of production
- Scale of preference
- Concepts of diminishing returns
- Characteristic Features of Agricultural Production
15. Farm Management
- Qualities of farm manager
- The functions of a farm manager.
- Common problems in farm management
16. Study and know the following terms in Farm Managements
- Farm Record
- Stock evaluation
- Savage value
- Agricultural/farm insurance
17. Marketing of Agricultural Produce
- Importance of Marketing in agriculture and marketing channels.
- Factors affecting the marketing of agricultural produce
18. Agricultural Extension and its importance
- The benefit of Agricultural Development.
19. Agricultural Technology
- Farm surveying
- Mechanization in agriculture
- Farm planning
- Sources of farm power
- Farm tools and equipment
- Basic Farm machines and implements
- Farm machinery and its types
- Mechanization in storing and processing agricultural produce
20. Application of biotechnology in agriculture
- Tissue and anther culture
- Vitro fertilization
- Genetic engineering
21. Application ICT in agriculture
- Uses and application of computers in agriculture
- The need and uses of communication gadgets in agriculture
22. Agricultural research
- Introduction to agricultural research
- Benefits of agricultural research.
- Agricultural hypothesis
- Agricultural experiments.
23. Agricultural Statistics
- Interpretation of data and results
- Measurement of central tendency
- Calculation experimental errors
JAMB Recommended Textbooks for Agric Science.
Do you want to make the best out of your studies? If yes, then using the proper textbook is the key. The following JAMB Agric science recommended textbooks are the best to use when studying.
- Agricultural Notebook: Written by Philips T.
- Countdown to S.S.C.E Agricultural Science: Written by Adeniyi, M. O.
- Junior Secondary Agric Science: Written by Akinsanmi, A.
- Senior Secondary Agric Science: Written by Akinsanmi, O.
- Agricultural Science for JSS Books 1- 3 by Falusi and Adeleye
- General Agriculture for West Africa: Written by Anthonio, Q.
- Comprehensive Certificate Agricultural Science: Written by L. A.
- Extension Modern Agricultural Science: Written by Egbuna, C. K
- Dictionary of Agriculture: Written by Emmanuel C. A.
- Agricultural Science for SSS 1 – 3: Written by Komolafe, Adegbola, & Ashaye.
Area of concentration
With this syllabus, you will be able to:
- Have relevant knowledge of what the exam will look like.
- know the topics that JAMB Will set Agricultural Science Questions from
- Get the JAMB Recommended Agric Textbooks needed for effective studies.
Where to Download JAMB Agric Science syllables pdf for free?
You can easily have access and download the JAMB syllabus for Agric from the JAMB Brochure. Download 2021 JAMB Brochure here. Then go to the JAMB syllabus section to see the complete JAMB Agricultural Science syllabus for 2021/2022.
I will advise you to get two or more of these textbooks and use them to do your studies. All the textbooks listed below are obtainable at bookshops.