The Android Auto Mirror Application also known as AA mirror APK is an application that allows you to use the Android Auto system as a sharing device for any kind of video, no matter the form the video comes in.
Whether the video is transmitted or streamed through YouTube channels or saved directly on your smartphone, you can still share the video.
Before you run to the Google Play store to download the app, you should know that the AA mirror application can’t be downloaded from the official Google Play site because it is considered unsafe in regards to converting the screen of your car into a video player. Therefore, the application is not or can’t be installed through Google Play Store.
Fortunately, the AA-Phenotype Pacher application, combined with the AA mirror application can be used to install third-party applications on the vehicle’s Android Auto device.
So, let’s get into how to install this awesome application on your Android Auto device.
- 1 Installation Procedures
- 2 Step 1
- 3 Step 2
- 4 Step 3
- 5 Step 4
- 6 Step 5
- 7 Step 6
- 8 Step 7
- 9 Steps of installing the AA mirror to watch videos.
- 10 Step 1
- 11 Device Settings
- 12 Step 2
- 13 Setup Android Auto
- 14 Setup AA Mirror
- 15 Setup Phenotype Patcher
- 16 Step 3
- 17 Connect the phone to a machine system
- 18 What is Android Auto?
- 19 Frequently Asked Questions
- 20 What is the APK mirror app?
- 21 What is Mirror Plus?
- 22 How do I auto mirror my android?
- 23 What is Android Mirror Link?
- 24 What is MirrorLink download?
- 25 Can I download MirrorLink?
- 26 Is MirrorLink available on iPhone?
- 27 What does APK stand for?
- 28 Is it ok to delete APK files?
- 29 What is the Phenotype Patcher for?
- 30 Related
Follow these steps for a successful installation of the app:
Make sure the device has active root settings: Your android phone must be rooted. Rooting android phones differ and can be anything from using stand-alone android apps to using PC software and little ADB coding. Variations of rooting depend on phone brands, carriers, models, etc. You can try Xda-developers and root junky for all rooting tutorials.
Go to the device settings and enable the installation of applications from unknown sources. You can do this by going to device settings -> security -> unknown sources.
Download the AA mirror application file
Download the Phenotype Pacher application file
Download Android auto
Install both the AA Mirror and the Phenotype Pacher on your Android smartphone or tablet.
Connect the device to Android Auto.
Steps of installing the AA mirror to watch videos.
With just three steps, you will be able to use AA mirror to watch any videos of any kind in your car.
The first thing you need to do is to make sure that your device has both the root settings and related active permissions to be able to install the app.
The APK file of the app should be located in the download folder, where you can proceed to install it.
Note: To be able to install both the AA mirror file and the Phenotype Pacher, the smartphone must be authorized to install applications from unknown sources or third parties.
To achieve this, go to the security menu in the device setting; look for and tap on Unknown Sources and allow the process of installing the application to continue.
Follow these steps in step 2 sequentially.
Setup Android Auto
- Install and open Android Auto and grant it all needed permissions. Make sure your device is not connected to the car system.
- Once it opens tap on the information icon on the top left of your screen.
- Click on settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on the version about 10 times until developer mode is.
- Tap on the 3 aligned vertical icons on the top right of your screen.
- The Developer setting is now unlocked and active.
- Click and enter the Developer settings.
- Scroll down and check force debug logging, disable ANR monitoring and unknown sources
- Tap on video resolution and check to Allow up to 1080p
- Then exit Android Auto
Setup AA Mirror
- Open the AA Mirror
- Tap on the Screen Settings, and configure these items:
- Overwrite screen brightness – On
- Increase screen brightness value to 255
- Screen rotation – Force
- Rotation degree – 90 degree
- Immersive mode – Full immersive
- Then exit AA mirror
Setup Phenotype Patcher
- Open AA Phenotype Patcher
- Tap on the 3 aligned vertical icon on the top right of your screen
- Tap on App lists and tick AA Mirror
- Go back and then tap patch
- Exit AA Phenotype Patcher
Connect the phone to a machine system
- Connect Android device to compatible car stereo in-dash using a USB cable.
- Tap the icon at the down left of the screen of your car stereo display.
- All available android applications supported will be shown.
- You will see the Android Auto Icon on the screen, alongside other apps.
- Tap the Android Auto icon to proceed.
- All applications on your android device become accessible including the YouTube app, tap on it and begin to stream your videos (it’s important to note that an internet connection is required to stream videos)
From now, you should be able to view videos from Netflix, YouTube, or Infinity movies, or streaming broadcasts.
The above steps when strictly followed will allow you to use the car’s built-in infotainment system to watch videos and movies on not only YouTube but also content from other streaming platforms as well as videos that are already on your device storage.
What is Android Auto?
Android Auto is a smart driving companion that helps you stay connected and entertained directly from Google Assistant.
With a simplified interface, it makes it easier to for you to use apps that you love from your phone while on transits, without actually touching your device.
Although most of us, are only just know about Android Auto, it has been around since 2014 and is fast spreading to various brands and models of vehicles.
It is a useful accessory, but there are limitations, as drivers can’t use the Android Auto for some applications like YouTube videos. The idea behind this is to safeguard the driver by preventing him or her from being distracted.
This is where the AA mirror comes in as it helps bypass this limitation set by Android Auto.
That being said, remember it is a life-threatening risk to watch videos or movies while driving, so avoid driving and watching videos.
The steps above are strictly meant for test purposes and should only be used when the vehicle is stationary, as it is dangerous to do so, when on transit. We take no responsibility of any kind or event where the use of these tutorials is used incorrectly, fraudulently, and take no liability for any careless use in the car, or whatever this application may cause to your device or system in the car.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the APK mirror app?
Apk Mirror is actually a website that offers APK’s or android apps for android smartphones. If you experience any challenges when trying to download an app from Play Store, you can get the app from the APK Mirror’s website.
What is Mirror Plus?
Mirror plus is an application that gives you the ability to design and share your best looks for decorative purposes. The application has so many functions. You can freeze, zoom, and save a photo.
How do I auto mirror my android?
To auto mirror, your android, go to “settings” on your android and find the “MirrorLink” option. For instance, if you are using a Samsung phone; go to your phone settings, go to “connections”, click on” more connections”, and then click on “MirrorLink”. Once that is done, you then turn on the “Connect to the car via USB” option to connect your android phone to your car successfully.
What is Android Mirror Link?
MirrorLink is a device standard that allows unification between a smartphone and a car’s broadcast system. It uses a set of well-established technologies such as USB, IP, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Real-Time Protocol (RTP), and Universal Plug and Play (UPnP).
What is MirrorLink download?
MirrorLink download simply means the download of the MirrorLink APK. MirrorLink offers uninterrupted connectivity between a smartphone and the car’s broadcast system. The phone is connected to the car with a cable that instantly gives access to the car’s navigation screen and dashboard/steering-wheel buttons.
Can I download MirrorLink?
You may need to download an application so that you can use MirrorLink but it all depends on the make of your phone. However, by simply plugging in your smartphone to your car’s USB port via a USB cable, the car’s infotainment system will automatically synchronize data from the phone.
Is MirrorLink available on iPhone?
No. MirrorLink is not compatible with an iPhone for now.
What does APK stand for?
APK means “Android Package Kit”. This is a package file format that the Android operating system uses for the distribution and installation of mobile applications.
Is it ok to delete APK files?
Yes, it is generally safe to delete it.
What is the Phenotype Patcher for?
Phenotype patcher helps patch Android auto custom apps that are blocked by Google Playstore or Google itself.