How To Study Medicine In Georgia- Are you a high school graduate looking to study medicine abroad? Are you in search of a country where you can get quality medical education at affordable tuition, then you should come check out Georgia. Georgia is one of the coolest place to live in the world. In addition, its universities are well-recognized by important bodies internationally. And of course, the cost of living is just affordable with a very enjoyable atmosphere and weather. In this post, I will be giving you a detailed guide on how to study medicine in Georgia.
How To Study Medicine In Georgia
Here is how to study medicine in Georgia:
- Search for a good medical university in Georgia
- Then apply for admission at the university if you are certain you meet the admission requirement
- Once given admission, you can then apply for Georgian Student Visa
- Once visa is approved, then its time to travel down and resume lectures.
Studying Medicine In Georgia
Georgia is another top destination for international students studying medicine. The reason is because Georgian medical schools offer quality medical education at affordable costs. Also, most of the medical universities in Georgia teach in English, so the issue of language barrier is not present.
Why Should I Study Medicine In Georgia
The government of Georgia in the past years has made immense contributions to its educational system, No wonder its high quality education that is obtainable here. Also , the educational system of Georgia is based on European Standards. Here are some good reasons you should come study medicine in Georgia. :
Affordable Tuition Fee
To study medicine in Georgia will cost you a tuition fee in the range of 3,800 Euros to 5,200 Euros. Affordable, isn’t it?
Simplified Admission Process
The process of admission to study medicine in Georgia is not tedious. Once you have good grades at high school and you have a good command of English, you will scale through.
Option of studying in English
This is a good one for international students. You don’t have to bother about learning a new language, you can easily study medicine in English.
Safe Place To Live
Georgia is one of the safest place to live in the world.
Georgian universities are globally recognized.
Low Cost of Living
Life is quite affordable as a student in Georgia
Exciting weather and environment
You are closer to nature when you live in Georgia. The weather is fantastic. Moreso, the environment has beautiful and natural scenery that serves as a home for a number of endangered species in Europe.
List of Universities To Study Medicine In Georgia
- Akaki Tsereteli State University
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
- BAU International University
- Caucasus University
- Caucasus International University
- David Tvildiani Medical University
- European University, Georgia
- Georgian American University
- Georgian National University
- Kutaisi University
- Grigol Robakidze University
- Llia State University
- Ivan Javakhashvili Tbilisi State University
- New Vision University
- Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
- Tbilisi State Medical University
- Alte University
- Teaching University Geomedi
- University of Georgia
Best Universities To Study Medicine In Georgia
There are three outstanding universities to study medicine in Georgia. They include:
- Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
- European University, Georgia
- Kutaisi University
1. Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
This is a private medical school located in Tbilisi. It was established by Petre Shotadze in 1992. It is one of the 1st private medical schools in Georgia. The medical school commonly called Tbilisi Medical Academy offers 6-year educational program in Medicine. The academy has a primary goal of enhancing the autonomous and critical thinking abilities of scientific reasoning of students in order to develop them into becoming highly competent medical specialists. The tuition fee of this great medical school is around USD 7,000 per annum.
Requirements For Admission To Study Medicine In Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
- Passport copy
- School leaving certificate
- Fully filled admission form and letter
- NEET Exam result (for Indian students)
- Fluency in English
The curriculum of this medical school and the degree you will be awarded is well-recognised globally. Upon graduation, you can practice in any country of your choice. Averagely, accommodation costs is around 300 Euros monthly.
For further enquiries, visit https:// www. tma. edu. ge
2. European University, Georgia
This university is located in Tbilisi. It is approved by the ministry of Education and Science of Georgia and also MCI. Medical program at the school runs for 6 years. Like most schools in Georgia, you can study medicine and dentistry in English.
The tuition fee for medicine is around USD 5,500 while for dentistry, it is USD 4,500 per annum.
The school offers 4 intakes throughout the year:
- March intake- application deadline is usually February 1
- May Intake- application deadline usually April 1
- October intake- application deadline usually September 1
- December Intake- application deadline usually November 20
The degree you will be earning in this university is well-recognised globally. The school has accommodation on campus for students which is quite affordable about 100 Euros monthly. There are also affordable accommodations off-campus.
For further enquiries , visit https:// eu.edu.ge- European University
3. Kutaisi University
Kutaisi University is a private higher institution established in 1992 by Valerian Kelbakiani & Rvaz Laghidze in Kutaisi, Georgia. The city of Kutaisi is one of the very ancient cities and also the 3rd most populated in Georgia.
The faculty of medicine at the university was established in 2019. This medical school is sound in medical research and technology. It is equipped with modern facilities to facilitate learning. One of such remarkable facilities is the library. The library is well-stocked with books and other useful resources for students to study.
The medical program at the university is for 6 years and classes are taught in English. The tuition fee is about 3,800 Euros per annum for medical program.
Requirements For Admission Into Kutaisi University
Some of the documents you will need when applying to study medicine at Kutaisi University include:
- Personal statement and also letters of recommendation
- Academic transcripts
- Passport size photographs
- High school diploma result
Accommodation is quite affordable, you will still find rent of about 150 Euros per month in town.
For further enquiries, visit https: // kutaisiuniversity. com
Georgia is one of the great places for international students to study medicine. This is because of the quality medical education , affordable tuition fee and also low cost of living obtainable there.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to study Medicine in Georgia in English?
Yes. In fact, medical education for international students is taught majorly in English.
Is Georgia a good country to study medicine?
Yes. Georgia is one of the best countries to study medicine. A large number of its medical universities are recognized globally. Moreso, the tuition is quite affordable and cost of living low. Finally, language is no barrier as the language of instruction is English.
How long does it take to study medicine in Georgia?
The duration of study of medicine in Georgia is 6 years.
Are international students allowed to work in Georgia?
Yes, international students can work. But for you to be eligible for work, you must first obtain your residence permit.
MBBS in Georgia is also known as what?
MD, that is Doctor of Medicine
Where is the best destination to study medicine?
Canada is currently the best country to study medicine. The country has a good medical education system. The curriculum at the medical schools are quite challenging, including indepth research and top-notch training.
What are the best universities to study medicine in Africa?
Here are the top medical universities in Africa offering excellent MBBS programs
· University of Cape Town
· Cairo University, Giza
· University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
· Stellenbosch University, South Africa
· Ain Shams University, Egypt
· Pretoria University, South Africa
· Mansoura University
· Texilla American University, Zambia
What schools are the easiest to get admission to study medicine?
Here are some of the top schools to get admission easily to study medicine:
· University of Mississipi School of Medicine
· University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine
· American University School of Medicine Aruba
· Central Michigan University College of Medicine
· University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences
What country is the safest to study medicine?
Sweden is a popular choice among international students desiring to study medicine and even some other courses. The reason is because of the high standard of living, equality and safety available in the country. Not only is the country safe to study in, the cost of living is also affordable.
What field is the most difficult in medicine?
The following specialties in medicine are highly competitive and could also be difficult:
· Plastic Surgery
· Orthopedic Surgery
· Thoracic Surgery
· Vascular Surgery
What subject in Medicine is the hardest and most dreaded?
Most Medical students dread Biochemistry. It is one of the most difficult subject you may come across in the study of medicine
- www. medlinkstudents. com- Study Medicine In Georgia In English
- https:// admissionoffice. ge- Study Medicine In Georgia
- https:// medschoolinsiders. com- Top 10 Most Competitive Specialties In Medicine