How to Restart Chromebook – Restarting/rebooting your computer is an important prompt for you to clear up issues and get it back to a functional order. But on a Chromebook, restarting it and getting the process fully is not actually straightforward.
If you press down the power button on your Chromebook, you are either signing out or turning off your computer.
Most times, turning your computer off and then on may just be the solution to your issues. But other times, you might need to reboot your system more fully. This article gives you guide on how you can do it, please read on!
How to Restart Chromebook
Restarting Chromebook From the Quick Settings
Usually, chrome OS are not accompanied with a dedicated Restart button, so you will have to run shut down in your Chromebook and with this you can manually power it on to be able to reboot your device. To get this done, you can easily perform the task from the Quick Settings panel. This is how you can do it;
- To do this, go to the Quick Settings panel, you can get it from the bottom-right corner . That is were the time and other information are shown. When you reach there, click on the “ Shut down ” (power option) button, this action will immediately get your device powered off.
- After which you should press the hardware power button that is on your device to be able to restart the Chromebook.
Restarting Chromebook with the Power Button
- You can also try rebooting your Chromebook making use of the hardware power button. You can do this by pressing and holding the power button for a couple of seconds.
- Once you perform this task, much like an Android, a pop-up menu will show on the screen. In the option, choose the “ Shut down ” option, and it will automatically power off your Chromebook.
- You can now go ahead pressing the power button again to be able to restart your Chromebook successfully.
Restarting your Chromebook with a Chrome URL
On a final note, there are different hidden Chrome URLs that many users are not aware of. One of these options allows you to be able to carry out reboot functions in your Chromebook using a simple URL execution process. Bear in mind that it is a soft reboot and it not actually a full-fledged restarting process. When there is no dedicated restart feature for you to utilize, you can make use of the below methods on Chrome OS.
- Open your Chrome browser and type the below URL in the address bar and after which you click the Enter key. Make sure you have made savings of all your work as the process will automatically carry out restarting for your Chromebook. Here is the URL : chrome://restart
- This process in your Chromebook will make it to automatically reboot . That’s all.
Do you want to restart your Chromebook, by simply turning off your Chromebook and by pressing one of the power buttons, or by checking into the menu that you see in the bottom-right corner and choosing the power icon. Navigate on the power button that is available on your computer or you can see it in the menu.
Navigate on the Press and hold down botton, this is to “refresh” the process (this button is sited just above the 3 & 4 keys) and after which you should tap the power button.
Let go of the refresh button once you see that the Chromebook is starting back up. Bear in mind that there may be several requirements needed to perform this hard reset task on your computer and it is hugely dependent on the kind of Chromebook you have, even though the above steps may just work fine for most Chromebooks.
If carrying out this task still doesn’t get your problem fixed, you can run reset for your Chromebook and set it to its factory settings, this will make the device to run like a new one. You should make sure that you have backed up your computer prior to doing the reset.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you restart an unresponsive Chromebook?
Turn off your computer.
Disconnect all peripheral devices & remove all USB devices & your media cards.
Disconnect the AC power adapter and get off the battery.
Press and hold the power button for not less than 7 seconds.
Reconnect the AC power adapter, but do not connect the battery
How do I restart my Chromebook from school?
While you are logged in, press the following keys; Ctrl+Reload+Power, this action will automatically reboot the device and the hardware, the device is set to function normally. If the Chromebook is powered off, do this “Press and hold Reload + tap Power”, when the Chromebook is successfully started up, release the Reload key and your device should now be able to function properly.
How can I erase the original user from a Chromebook I bought the owner?
On the Chromebook sign-in screen, select the profile you want to remove, close to the profile name, choose the Down arrow and Select Remove this user. In the box that appears, pick Remove this user and it will automatically delete the account.
How do I force restart a Chromebook?
For most Chromebooks, abide by the below process flow: Turn off your Chromebook. Press and hold Refresh and tap Power .
That is: Turn off your Chromebook.
Remove your battery, after which you can put it back in.
Turn on your Chromebook afterwards
How do I manually reset my Chromebook?
Sign out of your Chromebook, then Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r. After Select Restart.
In the box that appears, select Powerwash. Continue.
Abide by the prompt that appear and sign in with your Google Account. Once you’ve reset your Chromebook, you are good to go
How do I restart my Chromebook without the power button?
While you are logged in, hold the following keys; Ctrl+Reload+Power, this will automatically reboot the device and the hardware, the device should be able to function normally.
Why won t my Chromebook turn on but it’s not dead?
To fix a Chromebook that is not able to turn on, you may want to see if the battery has any charge. You can also let the charger plugged for a while and then turn it on.
- Groovypost.com – How to Restart a Chromebook
- Businessinsider.com – How to restart a Chromebook to fix issues with your laptop
- Techradar.com – How to restart a Chromebook
- Tomsguide.com – How to restart a Chromebook
- Beebom.com – How to Restart a Chromebook (3 Easy Ways)
- Trustedreviews.com – How to restart a Chromebook
How To Study Radiography In UK – [Requirements To Study Radiography]
How to Study Public Health in Nigeria- [Requirements]