- 1 Share this
- 2 Factors To Consider When Choosing a Course.
- 3 Job availability:
- 4 Cost of study:
- 5 Salary outcome:
- 6 How To Choose a course of study (Best Factors to Consider)
- 7 Discover Your Passion and Dream:
- 8 How will you know your passion then?
- 9 Make Research on the course you want to choose:
- 10 Check the cost of studying the Course:
- 11 Find Out The Requirements:
- 12 List of the Best Courses to Study (Best For the Future)
- 13 Below are some of those courses:
- 14 Less Considered Courses to Study (Worst For the Future)
- 15 Below are some of such courses:
- 16 Share this
- 17 Related
I am sure you will love to know how to choose a profitable Course to study. Firstly, being a graduate is nothing to be compared to how valuable you will be on graduation.
The course you graduate from really matters a lot when considering how easily you will get a job when you graduate and that is the most important aspect of the game.
On this page, I will be guiding you on how to choose a very profitable Course that will guarantee you getting a job immediately after you graduate.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Course.
For any Undergraduate student that wishes to pursue a career in one field or the other, kindly know that there are so many factors that contribute to how profitable a course is.
So as a student planning to further your education in the Tertiary Institution, It is very advisable for you to consider the following factors so as to make a good choice that will pay you bountifully in the nearest future.
Here are the best factors to consider when choosing a course that will be very profitable to you on graduation:
Whether you are searching for:
- best courses to study for jobs
- best courses to study for the future
- best courses to study in the world
- most popular online courses 2020
- most popular online course topics
- profitable online course niches
- online course ideas 2020
- best courses to study at university
- hot topics for online courses etc.
I will kindly advise you to use the following Hints to make research on the course you choose.
What else will you want to do with your certificate on graduation if not getting a job with it? When choosing a course, It is very advisable to make research on how often graduates from that field get employed.
When Considering the employment rate for your field, it is very advisable to check both present and future employment chances.
Based on research, it has been concluded that some courses will lose employment opportunities and graduates from such courses will face Job scarcity. So if you are considering taking a course, also consider how the Job market of such courses will be present and in the nearest future.
Cost of study:
This factor might not be taken into so much consideration. But Some courses might require you to travel abroad or attend an extremely prestigious school (either private school or thereabout) which might cost you so much money.
There is no doubt that a Medical Graduate that studied in India will be duly considered faster when he or she applies for any Job vacancy in his or her field. In all, make sure you make a better financial budget before you make a move.
Some Petroleum Engineers in Nigeria who work in multinational Oil companies earn as much as Millions of Naira per month.
There are also other fields that may earn as little as the minimum wage in Nigeria. You see, your profession will really determine how much you could earn as a salary when you graduate and get employed.
Although this might not be a very considerable factor for some people, it is also very advisable to find out how much salary people working in your Field could earn as a monthly salary. For Example, this is the salary for Nurse graduates here.
How To Choose a course of study (Best Factors to Consider)
Now, if you wish to choose a course that will be profitable for you in the future, then I will advise you to follow and consider the following factors when choosing a course.
Discover Your Passion and Dream:
You will perform very well when you study a course you are so passionate about. More so, you will find it easier to excel when you go for a course you really have passion for.
How will you know your passion then?
This is where a lot of people find it difficult to seek out themselves. As a young person, you can discover your passion when you find out the following in yourself:
- Think about what motivates you.
- Find out your values. Your values are your strong beliefs in life.
- Think about what you love doing so much and always feel happy when doing it.
- Consider what you have always dreamed of doing or what you have always dreamt to be in the future
- Take note of things that matter most to you.
- Practice mindfulness. Fear can kill the pursuit of your passion. So avoid it
- Always experiment with yourself from time to time.
- Combine your talents. If you have more than one talent, then combine them and see what you will arrive at.
- Pick up a hobby and Turn your hobby into a full-time passion.
- Explore the world: If you are finding it difficult finding your passion, then it might be because you are so used to doing the same thing over and over again and you have become comfortable with that. Traveling Out of your comfort zone might also be a great way to expose you to the world and you can find a new passion with new eyes.
- Interview Important People in your Life about what they feel and Think about you and your future.
Make Research on the course you want to choose:
After discovering your dream, check and choose a course that is related to it and make some research about it. The best things you should research about it should include; the value of the course in the Job Market, the Cost of studying the course, the best schools that offer the course, the study duration, Salary outcome and the requirements for studying the course.
Check the cost of studying the Course:
This includes the school that will give you a good reputation when you graduate. Most of the schools that will give you the best result might be expensive to attend. Some might even require you to travel abroad. But in all, make sure you make a better financial budget before you make a move.
To check the cost of studying the Course, do research on the following: The best school that offers the course. After selecting a school, check their school fee, Tuition fee, Entrance fee, and so on. For Example, Here are the best schools to study Medicine and Surgery.
If the course will require you to travel abroad or traveling away from home, then you also have to check out the transportation cost and requirements and also the cost of accommodation.
Find Out The Requirements:
After Checking the cost of studying the Course and selecting the school to study it, the next thing is to check the requirements.
Your research on such requirements should include; the school admission requirements, the admission requirements for the course, the eligibility for admission, and so on.
If it requires you to travel abroad, then you also have to check out the requirements for traveling and accommodation.
List of the Best Courses to Study (Best For the Future)
Now that you have gotten an idea of what a good course is, how to check if a course is good or not and how to choose one for yourself, it will also be a good idea to list out some of the best courses to study that will give you a very high chance of employment now and in the future.
I have made good research and have arrived at the best Courses to Study that are very valuable and will still be very relevant now and in the future and all over the world at large.
Below are some of those courses:
- Medical Related Courses (Including Medicine and Surgery, Pharmaceutical Courses, and so on)
- International Business Courses or Finance Courses
- Bioinformatics or Biomedical Engineering
- Any Engineering Courses
- Environmental Science Courses or Sustainability Courses
- Health Information Technology or Health Administration
- Computer Science Courses
- Information Technology Security Courses
- Public Health Courses
- Instructional Design Courses
- Human Resources Courses
- Health-Related Courses
- School Resumption Dates
- Aviation Schools to become Pilot
- Top Best Private Universities & Courses They Offer
- Human Resource Management Courses
- Most Competitive Universities
Less Considered Courses to Study (Worst For the Future)
As I have listed some of the best courses to study, I also want to list out the less Considered Courses that you should not waste your time on if you want a better future for your profession.
I call them “the worst Courses For the Future” because they have little and will still have little impact on the world’s labor market and will remain irrelevant now and in the future.
Below are some of such courses:
- Liberal arts and humanities
- Fine arts
- Theatre Art
- Social Studies
- Religious Studies
- Primary Education
- Political Science
- Physical Education
- Library and Information Science
- Islamic studies
- Fine Art
- English Literature
- Counseling Psychology
I am sure this was enough for you. With this career guide, I’m sure you will make a good choice when choosing a Course to study.
Do you still need more life and career advice from us? If yes, then feel free to drop your comment, suggestion, and request in the comment box below…
Feel free to share this guide with your friends and colleagues that need this. This will surely help you so much when making a career choice that will be profitable for you in the future.Follow Us For All Canada Jobs and Scholarship Update