How To Check Access Bank Account Balance – In today’s digital world, staying on top of your finances is crucial. One fundamental aspect of managing your money is keeping track of your bank account balance. If you’re an Access Bank customer, you’re in luck! Access Bank provides several convenient methods for checking your account balance, allowing you to stay informed and in control of your finances. In this article, we will cover how to check your Access Bank account balance.
Things You Need To Check Your Access bank Account
Access Bank offers multiple options for checking your account balance using your mobile phone. To get started, there are a few prerequisites you need to fulfill. These include having:
- An active Access Bank account
- A registered phone number linked to your account
- A functioning cell phone or smartphone
- An internet connection
- The Access Bank mobile banking app.
By considering these factors and choosing the most suitable method, you can effortlessly stay updated on your account balance. Continue reading to discover the step-by-step process for checking your Access Bank account balance using your mobile phone.
Short Code: How to Check Access Bank Account Balance
In order to use the USSD code provided by Access Bank to check your account balance, it is necessary to register your mobile phone number with the bank and ensure that it is linked to your bank account number. To enroll for the Access Bank USSD code service, follow the step-by-step procedure below:
- Dial the Access Bank account balance code *901# from the mobile phone number linked to your bank account.
- From the options presented, select the “register” option.
- Enter the last four digits of your active Access Bank ATM card when prompted.
- Create a 4-digit PIN that will be used for your USSD code service.
- That’s it! You have successfully registered for the Access Bank USSD code service and can now enjoy the convenience of the “Banking Made Easy” feature.
By following these steps, you can easily register for and start using the Access Bank USSD code service to check your account balance hassle-free.
To check your balance with the Access Bank code, follow these simple steps:
- Dial 901# on your mobile phone.
- Follow the instructions displayed on your screen.
- Ensure you have your registered phone number linked to your Access Bank account.
- Wait for a text message containing your balance details.
- Enjoy the convenience of effortlessly monitoring your account balance at any time, from anywhere.
Using SMS: How to Check Access Bank Account Balance
To check your Access Bank account balance via SMS, follow these steps:
- Compose a new SMS on your mobile phone.
- In the message body, enter the following structure: “BAL [Account Number]” (without the quotation marks).
- Replace [Account Number] with your actual Access Bank account number.
- Send the SMS to 08160000612.
- Wait for an instant message response.
- Receive an SMS containing your account balance information.
Using MTN: How to Check Access Bank Account Balance
To check your Access Bank account balance on MTN, follow these steps:
- Dial the Access Bank code 901*5# on your mobile phone.
- You may be prompted to enter your PIN for authentication.
- Follow the on-screen prompts provided.
- After completing the process, your account balance will be sent to your MTN number as an SMS.
Online: How to Check Access Bank Account Balance
To check your Access Bank account balance through the official website, follow these steps:
- Visit the Access Bank official website.
- Navigate to the upper right corner of the page.
- Locate and click on the “Internet banking” tab.
- A dropdown menu will appear with two options: “Individual” and “Business.”
- Choose the option that corresponds to your account type and click on it.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you need to enter your mobile banking “username.”
- Tap on the “Continue” button to proceed.
- Enter your mobile banking “password” as prompted.
- Click on the “Log in” button.
- If your authentication details are correct, you will successfully sign in to your account.
- Once logged in, you can navigate through your account to check your balance.
Common errors when checking Access Bank Account Balance
When checking your Access Bank account balance, it’s important to be aware of some common errors that may occur. Being familiar with these errors can help you avoid potential issues and ensure a smooth and accurate balance checking process. Here are some common errors to watch out for:
- Incorrect USSD Code: Dialing the wrong USSD code can result in an error or an invalid response. Make sure to double-check the Access Bank code provided for checking your account balance.
- Insufficient Funds: If your account does not have enough funds to cover the SMS charges or USSD service fees, you may not receive the balance information or encounter an error message. Ensure that your account has sufficient funds before attempting to check the balance.
- Inactive Mobile Number: If the mobile number linked to your Access Bank account is inactive or has been disconnected, you may not receive the SMS containing your account balance. Verify that your registered mobile number is active and up-to-date.
- Network Issues: Poor network connectivity or signal strength can disrupt the communication between your mobile device and Access Bank’s systems. Check your network connection and try again in an area with better signal strength.
- Incorrect Account Details: Entering incorrect account details, such as an incorrect account number or wrong PIN, can lead to an error or authentication failure. Double-check the information you provide to ensure accuracy.
- Technical Glitches: Occasionally, technical glitches or system maintenance activities may temporarily interrupt the account balance checking service. If you encounter any issues, wait for a while and try again later.
- Exceeded Daily Limit: Access Bank may impose daily transaction limits, including balance checking. If you have exceeded the daily limit, you may be unable to check your account balance until the limit resets.
Security risks you must avoid
Here are some key security risks you must avoid:
- Phishing Attacks: Be cautious of phishing emails, messages, or phone calls that attempt to deceive you into revealing sensitive information. Avoid clicking on suspicious links or providing personal details to unknown sources.
- Weak Passwords: Using weak or easily guessable passwords puts your account at risk. Create strong passwords that include a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters. Avoid using common passwords or sharing them with others.
- Public Wi-Fi: Avoid accessing your Access Bank account or conducting financial transactions over public Wi-Fi networks, as they can be vulnerable to eavesdropping and data interception. Use secure, password-protected networks or rely on your mobile data connection.
- Unauthorized Apps or Websites: Only use the official Access Bank mobile banking app or access the bank’s official website to perform banking activities. Avoid downloading apps or visiting websites that claim to offer banking services but are not verified by Access Bank.
- Device Security: Ensure your devices, including smartphones, tablets, and computers, have up-to-date security software and operating system patches. Enable device lock features, such as PIN, password, or biometric authentication, to prevent unauthorized access.
- Social Engineering: Be cautious of social engineering tactics where fraudsters manipulate or trick individuals into divulging sensitive information. Avoid sharing personal details or financial information with unknown individuals or through unsecured channels.
- Neglecting Account Monitoring: Regularly monitor your Access Bank account for any suspicious activity or unauthorized transactions. Report any discrepancies immediately to Access Bank’s customer support.
- Lost or Stolen Devices: Keep your devices secure and report lost or stolen devices to Access Bank immediately. Remote wipe or lock features can help protect your information from falling into the wrong hands.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I check my Access Bank account balance using USSD code?
Yes, you can check your Access Bank account balance by dialing 901# on your mobile phone. Follow the instructions provided on the screen to retrieve your account balance.
How often can I check my Access Bank account balance?
You can check your Access Bank account balance as frequently as needed. There are no restrictions on the number of times you can check your balance, allowing you to stay updated on your finances whenever required.
How can I access my Access Bank online?
You can access your Access Bank account online through the official website or mobile app. Visit the Access Bank website and click on the “Internet Banking” tab to log in. Alternatively, download the Access Bank mobile app from your device’s app store and log in using your credentials. Enjoy convenient access to your account, transactions, and services from the comfort of your device.