- 1 Harvey Mudd Transfer Acceptance Rate 2022
- 2 Harvey Mudd Transfer Acceptance Rate
- 3 Harvey Mudd Transfer Requirement
- 4 Harvey Mudd Transfer Application Deadline
- 5 Important Information About Harvey Mudd Transfer Admission You Should Know
- 6 Why should I consider attending Harvey Mudd?
- 7 FAQs
- 8 Does Harvey Mudd accept transfer credits?
- 9 Does Harvey Mudd need SAT?
- 10 Is Harvey Mudd an ivy league?
- 11 Are transfer students eligible for merit-based scholarships in Harvey Mudd?
- 12 Can my AP/IB credits be applied to my credits if I transfer to Harvey Mudd?
- 13 Are there waivers for Harvey Mudd’s application fee?
- 14 Does Harvey Mudd accept international transfers?
- 15 How much is the tuition fee in Harvey Mudd?
- 16 What are the minimum scores for the TOEFL and IELTS exams?
- 17 Conclusion
- 18 Related
Harvey Mudd Transfer Acceptance Rate 2022
Harvey Mudd College, founded in 1955 by alumnus H. L. Harvey and his wife, Mary Susan Harvey, and based in Claremont, California, is a small science and engineering college with a total enrollment of approximately 1,300 undergraduate students and 100 graduate students. The Harvey Mudd transfer acceptance rate is typically 10-20 per cent higher than that of UC schools because it does not have a General Studies program. The transfer student classes are often at or near capacity.
If you aspire to attend Harvey Mudd College, or if you have already been accepted but seek admission to another institution for a variety of reasons–such as your dissatisfaction with current school offerings or the desire to pursue a particular degree program in which the transfer institution offers a better fit then pursuing transfer admission from one of the nation’s most selective science colleges could be an excellent option for you.
For more information about transferring to Harvey Mudd College, please visit the transfer website and fill out our contact form.
Harvey Mudd Transfer Acceptance Rate
In 2019, Harvey Mudd received about 74 transfer applications and accepted only five students. Therefore, the transfer acceptance rate is estimated to be 6.76%. This estimation shows how hard it is to get into Harvey Mudd as a transfer student. Therefore, only six would be accepted in every 100 students that apply.
Harvey Mudd’s transfer acceptance rate is extremely low compared to other colleges, and you need to be a genius to succeed in this competitive transfer application process.
Harvey Mudd Transfer Requirement
If you decide to transfer to Harvey Mudd, consider the following requirements and see if they apply to you. It would help you choose whether to continue with the application process or sit back to work on other things.
You must have completed many courses compatible with courses in the University’s core curriculum, notwithstanding your previous academic experience.
You must be willing to complete at least two years as a full-time student at Harvey Mudd. This is a compulsory requirement.
You are interested in being part of a residential campus community. Although this is not a compulsory requirement, many students live on campus for four years.
You have a great desire to take advantage of the Harvey Mudd and Claremont Colleges communities beyond the academic offerings.
If the above requirements apply to you, then you’d need the following application materials:
- Common Application or Coalition application
Harvey Mudd does not have a preference between both types of applications. However, you’d be required to submit a personal essay for either application.
- 70$ Application fee or waiver
The 70$ application fee is compulsory and non-refundable. Therefore, if your application is not successful, you’d not be entitled to a refund of the application fee. Waivers are also available for those with financial needs. Request a fee waiver through the common application or Coalition application to be entitled to this fee waiver. Harvey Mudd honours fee waivers from the ACT, College Board, and NACAC.
- Required Additional Essays
You would be required to complete an additional essay and some short answer responses. These additional writing questions are:
What influenced you to apply to Harvey Mudd College? What about the HMC curriculum and community appeals to you? (500 words or less)
Many students prefer to choose Harvey Mudd College. Reasons being that they dont want to give up their interests in the Humanities, Arts or Social Science. Briefly describe what you’d like to learn about in your dream HMC class. (100 words or less)
Some other application materials include:
- A college report- should be completed by an advisor, dean of student affairs, or a registrar.
- Official college transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities
- Official Final High school transcript from all high schools attended
- Two recommendations to be made by college instructors
You should note that all students are eligible to transfer provided they have completed at least one year of academic work in good standing. If you’ve completed a bachelor’s degree from another university, you’d not be eligible to apply as Harvey Mudd does not have a second-degree program.
Harvey Mudd Transfer Application Deadline
Harvey Mudd accepts transfer applications in the fall. The application deadline for Harvey Mudd is March 15.
Important Information About Harvey Mudd Transfer Admission You Should Know
The transfer application to Harvey Mudd is quite different from other colleges. Some of the things that set the Harvey Mudd transfer application process apart include;
- Over the years, Harvey Mudd has not been able to admit many transfer applicants. Only 3-6 applicants are enrolled out of an application pool of 80-110 candidates.
- Unlike other universities that enrol for transfer in the spring and fall semesters, Harvey Mudd only enrols transfer students for the fall semester.
- Harvey Mudd does not have a visiting program. All transfer students would enrol as full-time students.
- Harvey Mudd does not accept applicants who have completed a bachelor’s degree and want a second degree. Harvey Mudd does not have a second-degree program.
- Harvey Mudd only offers need-based financial aid to transfer students. Merit-based scholarships are targeted at undergraduate students.
Why should I consider attending Harvey Mudd?
- Rigorous STEM curriculum
If you’re looking to launch a rewarding career in STEM, then Harvey Mudd is the right training ground. The University is reputed for its Science, Technology, math, and Engineering offers that are second to none.
- Great Campus Living Community
Although staying on campus is not a requirement, most students spend four years living on campus. It explains how great the Campus Living experience is.
- Friendly Environment
Most people who got accepted to Harvey Mudd’s best experience is the immediate friendliness of the seniors and the lecturers. The smallness of the campus promotes a kind of bond between the students.
- Academic Experience
Harvey Mudd provides many resources and academic assistance to ensure students have the best academic experience.
Does Harvey Mudd accept transfer credits?
- Have had up to two summer school courses taken with prior approval from the student’s HSA advisor;
- Had taken courses in an approved study abroad program or an approved exchange program with U.S. institutions;
- Had taken courses during a leave of absence or following a withdrawal or ITR when a student has been approved for readmission;
- Had taken courses at a previous institution when a student is transferring to HMC
Does Harvey Mudd need SAT?
No. Harvey Mudd no longer requires SAT. In light of the effect of Covid19 on students’ ability to access the standardized test, Harvey Mudd has made SAT an optional requirement for the 2021 and 2022 classes. There appears to be a possibility of this remaining so.
Is Harvey Mudd an ivy league?
Harvey Mudd is not an ivy league college. Although, it is a very reputable college and offers the same academic experience that one can get from an ivy league school. In simple terms, Harvey Mudd College is in a class of its own.
Are transfer students eligible for merit-based scholarships in Harvey Mudd?
No, transfer students are not eligible for merit-based scholarships in Harvey Mudd. However, financial aid is available for every transfer applicant that demonstrates financial needs.
Can my AP/IB credits be applied to my credits if I transfer to Harvey Mudd?
No. Harvey Mudd does not award credits for AP/IB or even a college course offered before high school graduation. The school would only consider only college courses completed after high school graduation.
Are there waivers for Harvey Mudd’s application fee?
Absolutely! Harvey Mudd cares a lot about their students and would not allow their financial situation to get in their way. There are waivers available for both the common application and the coalition application. In the process of your application, you’d find some fee waiver questions that you would need to answer to be eligible for the waiver.
Does Harvey Mudd accept international transfers?
- A translated copy of your credentials if they are not originally in English.
- A secondary school profile, including the structure of the course system, grading system, and school recommendation.
- Proof of English Proficiency- International students must submit proof of English Proficiency. You can demonstrate this proof by taking one of these three exams:
- Duolingo English Test (DET)– only the 160-point version
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)– the iBT Home Edition and iBT Paper Edition
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic
Note that if the school you attended used English as the primary teaching language, these requirements would be waived.
How much is the tuition fee in Harvey Mudd?
For the 2021/2022 academic year at Harvey Mudd, the average cost of attending Harvey Mudd is;
Room (dorm) $10,592
Board (16 meals/week plan) $8,741
Student Body Fee* $301
Personal Expenses $1,400
Books & Supplies $800
Average COA $82,236
Entering first-year and transfer students would be charged an additional $250 orientation fee.
Compared with the national average cost of tuition of $43,337, Harvey Mudd College is quite an expensive college to attend.
What are the minimum scores for the TOEFL and IELTS exams?
The minimum scores vary. The Duolingo English Test (DET) is 120 on the new 160-point scale. For TOEFL, 100 on the iBT, while for IELTS Academic– 7.5
You should note that a score slightly lower than the above-listed score does not automatically disqualify an applicant.
The key takeaway from this article is detailing. Be well informed about the process involved before planning to start the application. Ensure you have all the required documents, and you can prove your interest in your essays. Since Harvey Mudd’s admission rate is low, you want to ensure you have a better chance of becoming a successful applicant. If you are looking to start a career relating to Science, Technology, Math or Engineering, Harvey is the place to be!