One of the most important reasons for knowing the Georgia Tech acceptance rate 2021 is for you to know the rate at which Georgia Tech admits its applicants.
Schools with low admission rates are very selective and hard to gain admission.
But those with high admission rates are easy to get in.
The question now is, where does Georgia Tech admission 2021 falls, Is it low or high?
From the data gotten from Georgia Tech past year’s admission statistics, I will say that admission at Georgia Tech is hard.
Notwithstanding, we will discuss the Georgia Tech acceptance rate 2021, admission statistics, Admission requirements, Test Score requirements (SAT/ACT Scores), and how to apply for Georgia Tech admission.
Georgia Institute of Technology, which is commonly called Georgia Tech or, Tech, is a public research university located in Atlanta, Georgia.
As you go through this analysis, you will discover the Georgia Tech acceptance rate for all out of state, in-state undergraduate (undergrad freshman), Transfer, early action, international applicants.
The acceptance rate covers top majors like engineering, computer science, industrial engineering, etc.
The Georgia Tech Acceptance Rate for Class Of 2025.
Below is the outlined Georgia Tech acceptance rate from the class of 2019 to the class of 2025 after the summary and conclusion of the class of 2025 admission process.
Meanwhile, below is the Georgia Tech acceptance rate for past years:
- 2015 Acceptance rate class of 2019: 54%
- 2016 Acceptance rate class of 2020: 30%
- 2017 Acceptance rate class of 2021: 23%
- 2018 Acceptance rate class of 2022: 23%
- 2019 Acceptance rate class of 2023: 18.8%
- 2020 Acceptance rate class of 2024: 20%
2021 Acceptance rate for the class of 2025 38%: Georgia Tech has admitted a total of 2,330 students for the class of 2025, which makes the class of 2025 acceptance rate 38%.
According to the available statistics, Georgia Tech has given admission to incoming students for the class of 2025 from 90 counties and 366 high schools nationwide.
- Free Universities in the USA
- How to attain College for free
- Internship program for students
- Scholarship by Major
- Grants for Universities and Colleges students
- Free $5,000 Money for students
Georgia Tech Admission Rate and Statistics 2021
The Georgia Institute of Technology has an enrollment of about 14,318 undergraduate students with a graduation rate of 85% as shown below:
The graduation rate for “First-time full-time” student Completed within
- 6 years: 85%
- 8 years 87%
Other full-time Graduates:
- 6 years: 85%
- 8 years 85%
Part-time Graduation rate
- 6 years: 77%
- 8 years 8%
Admission Distribution at Georgia Tech
At Georgia Tech, admission is distributed by percentage as follows:
- Males: 60%
- Females: 40%
- International Students: 9.6%
- Minority: 3.7%
- Students from other races: 4%
- Students who are White: 55.6%
Note: All data provided above are rough data. Accurate data can only be obtained from the school database and this data varies per year.
Admissions at Georgia Tech is a bit competitive and selective.
So, if you are planning to apply for admission at the Georgia Institute of Technology, then you should know that there are many factors, requirements, and criteria that will determine your admission chances.
Some such admissions factors, requirements, and criteria include but not limited to your Test scores (ACT/SAT Score), GPA, etc.
What GPA do I need to get into Georgia Tech in 2021?
The necessary GPA required for a better chance of admission at Georgia Tech should be under the following range:
- 3 GPA on a 4.0-grade scale (This is applicable to the College of Computing and Engineering applicants).
- 0 GPA on a 4.0-grade scale (This is applicable to the College of Business, Design, Sciences, Liberal Arts, etc applicants.
What SAT score is required for Georgia Tech? A better SAT Score for admission at Georgia Tech should be around an Average SAT score of 1450 to 1550 or above.
What ACT score is required for Georgia Tech? A better ACT Score for admission at Georgia Tech should be around an Average ACT score of 32 to 35 or above.
Tech Admission requirements for 2021 applicants
- Application Fee: $75. You can also apply for a fee waiver
- Test Score: ACT score (31-34) or SAT score (1390-1540)
- High school transcript
- Community contributions Listing
- 3 Essays.
- Recommendation letters ( from counselor, and teacher each)
- Application Portal: gatech.edu/apply
Tuition, Fees and Financial Aids
- Annual in-state cost (This is just an Average)
- Cost Before aid: $28,776
- After aid: $13,291(Aids mostly form Grants and Scholarships)
- Yearly Average Aid Awarded: $12,716
- Percentage of Students on Financial Aid: 79%
Top and Most Popular majors at Georgia Tech
- Information Science major
- Mechanical Engineering Major
- Business major
- Industrial Engineering major
- Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering majors
- Chemical Engineering major
- Electrical Engineering major
- Aerospace Engineering Major
- Computer Hardware Engineering major
- Civil Engineering major
- Management majors
- Marketing majors
- Computer and Information Sciences Majors
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences majors
- Physical Sciences majors
- Materials Science and Engineering majors
- Nuclear and Radiological Engineering majors
I am sure you have an idea of the Georgia Institute of Technology acceptance rate for out of state, in-state undergraduate (undergrad freshman), Transfer, early action, international applicants.