For international students, the Facebook PhD Fellowship 2022-2023 is a fully financed grant. The grant covers tuition and fees for two years, as well as an annual stipend and conference travel expenses.
Fellowships in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field are available. The fellowship winners will receive two years of tuition and fees, as well as an annual stipend and conference travel assistance.
The strength of the student’s research statement, published record, and letter of recommendation will be used to evaluate their applications. The Facebook Fellowship Program is designed to support and promote promising PhD academics working on cutting-edge research in subjects related to computer science and engineering.
In the past, Facebook has launched several fellowship programs for PhD students. These include the Facebook Data Science Research Award and the Facebook Women in Computer Science Scholarship. In this post, we will discuss another great opportunity from Facebook – The PhD Fellowship Program.
The aim of this fellowship is to provide support to outstanding early-career researchers with a PhD or equivalent research degree who have an interest in working on problems at the intersection of computer science and social science. The program will provide support for up to 3 years, including an annual salary of $100K USD, $25K/year in tuition reimbursement, work space at our headquarters in Menlo Park, CA and access to our world-class computing facilities.
Facebook PhD Fellowship Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): Facebook
- Study in: An accredited university in any country
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See list below
- Program Period: Two years.
- Deadline: September 20, 2022 (Application will open on August 03, 2022)
- Applied Statistics
- AR/VR Computer Graphics
- AR/VR Photonics and Optics
- AR/VR Future Technologies
- Blockchain and Cryptoeconomics
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Vision
- Database Systems
- Distributed Systems
- Economics and Computation
- Energy Efficient Video
- Instagram/FB App Well-being and Safety
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
- Networking Applied Statistics
- Privacy and Data Use
- Programming Languages
- Security and Privacy
- Social and Economic Policy
- Spoken Language Processing and Audio Classification
- Systems for Machine Learning
For more information on our topical areas of interest please visit the website here.
The following are some of the advantages of the Facebook Fellowship Program:
- Grant of $42,000 (one-time payment during each academic year)
- The academic year (up to two years/four semesters) tuition and fees will be paid.
- Conference travel assistance of up to $5,000 is available.
- Visit to Facebook’s headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit on a paid basis
- Unless otherwise noted, tuition money will be paid directly to the school, and the stipend will be given immediately to the fellow. According to local law, stipends are taxed.
Eligibility Criteria for Facebook Fellowship Program
To be eligible for Facebook Fellowship Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- The work of the students must be related to one or more subjects (see research areas above)
- PhD students attending full-time in an approved university in any country who are currently engaged in ongoing research
- During the academic year(s) in which the Fellowship is awarded, students must be enrolled.
- An Emerging Scholar Award is available to first- or second-year PhD candidates who meet the criteria of a minority group that is under-represented* in the technology sector.
- The strength of the student’s research statement, publication record, and recommendation letters will be used to evaluate their applications.
- Read the Facebook Fellowship program‘s Terms and Conditions.
How to Apply for Facebook Fellowship Program?
Please follow the following steps to avail Facebook Fellowship Program:
(1) Keep up to date with the application page from HERE
(2) All applicants will need to use their Facebook account to apply.
(3) Applications Must Include
- Email, phone, and mailing addresses, as well as any relevant courses, should be included in a resume or CV.
1-2 page study summary that clearly defines the planned research’s area of concentration, value to the field, and applicability to Facebook throughout the funding period (reference the research areas)
You must include two letters of recommendation with your application. Please supply email addresses for references, one of which must be from an academic adviser.
(4) You will be requested to provide an email address for your references while filling out the application. An email will be sent to your references with a link to submit their letters. Please double-check the contact information you provide for your references.
(5) After entering information, the program will offer you to save or submit it. You have until the deadline to make changes to your application.