ECSD is the catholic school division of Edmonton, Canada, where it offers alternative education services. Edmonton Catholic School District is an online platform designed to provide academic courses to students ranging from pre-kindergarten to high school offered through early learning and alternative education.
(ECSD) Edmonton Catholic School District Online Courses 2022/2023
Online courses are excellent. But which ones should you choose? And how do you know they’ll be any good? Is the information up-to-date? Are other students using it? Is it legit? Do they offer flexible programs suitable for my child?
Will my child benefit academically well from it? These and many more questions will be answered in this article.
ECSD online course offers a variety of programs for students and parents to choose from. They engage their students and inspire them to attain their most significant potential.
Edmonton Catholic Schools emulate the world-recognized Alberta curriculum. ECS is a catholic school and thus promotes the Catholic body’s traditions, teachings, and values. It is a comprehensive education covering the whole child’s spiritual, intellectual, physical, social, mental, and emotional needs.
ECD has received national recognition for its leadership in assessing students and instruction based on the Program for International Student Assessment (PISA).
What Does Edmonton Catholic Schools offer?
- An Alberta high school certificate
- Tailored short term programs
- Outstanding international student program support
- Fine art, sports activities, and science academics
- A focused program in International Baccalaureate Program (IB)
- ESL for all grade level
- International and second language programs.
These and many more and offered and tailored to meet your child’s educational needs per level.
How do I Stay Updated on ESCD Online Courses Latest News?
There are several ways to stay updated on the latest news about ESCD Online Courses.
The first is through their website, which is regularly updated with articles about the latest developments in the program. You can also subscribe to their email newsletter, through which they will deliver each new article straight to your inbox.
Another way is through social media. You can follow ECSD on Twitter and Facebook (where updates are posted), and contents are shared so that others can learn from it too!
Steps to Register:
- Step 1: Go to the ECSD website and use the school finder tool to find out which school is designated for your area
- Step 2: Register online. Go to the online form on the website (Here), create an account and fill out all the necessary info on the document (please ensure you fill out all required information about your child).
- Step 3: Contact your designated school on how to submit your documents
What Documents Do I Need to Submit?
The following documents are required to be brought along to the school where you are registering your child after the online registration:
- Proof of your child’s name
- The birth certificate of your child
- A document showing your current address
- Proof of citizenship
- The most recent report card of your child
- A baptismal certificate might be requested for sacramental preparation and establishing division residency.
- Please, ensure to contact the school you are registering your child for the required documents.
How do I Apply for ECSD Online Courses?
There are a few steps you’ll need to take before getting started with an ECSD online course. Let’s get started:
There are two different online courses you can choose from:
- Pre-kindergarten to grade 6
- Junior and senior high
First, you’ll need to create a free account on the ECSD website. Once you’ve done that, you can log in and start browsing the available courses!
- Go to the ECSD website and click on “Online Courses” in the left-hand menu. If you know what course you want to take already, click on it and follow the application prompts. If not, we recommend browsing through the catalog first so that you can find a course that fits your needs.
- Click on “Apply Now” in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Choose your course from the list of available classes, and click “Continue.”
- Enter your email address and password for ECSD, then click “Sign In” If you do not have an account with ESCD, please create one before proceeding!
- Fill out the rest of the form with your personal information, such as birth date, gender, etc., and choose whether or not you want to be contacted by phone once an admissions officer has reviewed your application at ECSD (you can always opt-out later).
- If you do choose to be contacted by phone, you will receive a call from an admissions officer within 24 hours of submitting your application! After Filling in all the required information, then click “Next.”
- Then select which payment method you would like to use (e.g., credit card or bank transfer), then click “Next.”
- Review your information and make sure everything looks good! Then click “Submit” at the bottom of the page!
ECSD Pre-kindergarten to Grade 6 course
ECSD online classes for pre-kindergarten is a creative live session with the teacher guiding your child on the proper thing to do based on their schedule. There are tailored personal routines available for your child, and regular feedback is encouraged between both parties.
There are structured daily activities, giving your child a total, fun-filled, regular school experience with meetings, breaks, and other activities included.
ECSD Junior and Senior High (Grade 7-12)
This is also a live session with the teacher, teaching and guiding your child on what to do based on the class schedule.
Personal routines and daily activities are also included, with constant feedback. The structure is designed to give your child a smooth and satisfying school experience.
Note: For high school students learning at home, classes will be based on your community school and the online courses your child is required to choose, or the one you want your child to do.
Is catholic school free in Canada?
In most of the provinces in Canada, catholic schools are funded by the region and may offer free education.
What is revelation Online ECSD?
Revelation Online is a virtual high school classroom where learners and teachers meet and collaborate through the use of D2L’s Brightspace platform. It is committed to delivering high-quality student experiences by providing creative educational opportunities to everyone.
How do I access D2L?
You can log in from your laptop, smartphone, or tablet to http://d2l.mu.edu/. After logging in, the heading “my courses” will appear after the news item. Then scroll through to see more courses.
What’s the difference between D2L and Brightspace?
They are one and the same thing. D2L is also known as Brightspace. It is the platform where revelation online ECSD takes place.
How do I Change my ESCD password?
Older students that can manage their passwords can go to passwordreset.ecsd.net and reset their passwords. The younger students will require the help of their teacher to reset or generate their passwords.
Do I Have to be a Catholic to attend a Catholic School in Edmonton?
No! you do not have to be a catholic to enroll at Edmonton Catholic Schools. However, the school provides catholic education to resident students according to their educational requirements. Non-Catholics can enroll based on the availability of resources and the suitability of the program.
Is ECSD online available for the year 2022-2023?
Yes! Edmonton Catholic Schools will offer online learning for the 2022 – 2023 school year. Genesis Catholic Online Elementary/Junior High and St. Joseph Catholic Online High School will be providing an online program for Grade 1 to Grade 12.
Online programs are teacher-led, deeply rooted structures made for connection and support of online students exclusively.
Can anyone go to catholic schools in Alberta?
Yes, the requirements for admission are open to baptized as roman catholic or one catholic parent or guardian. Students of other denominations are admitted as well. Students of other faith might also be accepted.
How many catholic schools are there in Edmonton?
There are 96 ECSD schools in Edmonton, Canada.
What is pass ECSD?
Part-time Alternative Self-paced school is an alternative part-time program for high school students who want to work academically with a self-paced approach. The courses are broken up into smaller units to be completed independently by the student or with the help of a teacher.
Do the tuition fees for international students include the school fees, bus fees, and diploma exam fees?
School fee varies depending on the course you are taking and the school you are going; the tuition fee does not cover school fees for textbooks and other activities requiring money. Bus fees also vary from year to year. School fees will be paid directly to your school.
Is the application fee included in the tuition price, or is it a separate fee?
The application fee is included in the tuition fee; it is not a separate fee.
Can students work at their own pace?
Revelation Online is structured to offer quarterly and semester-paced programs. Students work with deadlines and due dates for their assignments and major assessment quizzes.
However, there is flexibility in how students work through their courses when appropriately communicated with the teachers.
Is coursework entirely online, or is there a face-to-face component?
For the alternation education program, course lessons and materials are provided through an online platform (D2L – Desire2Learn)
What is the best way to contact the online teacher?
The best way is through emails with the use of class-list tools in their online course. You can also check the online course message section as the teachers will indicate the best way to contact them and their break hours.
How do I get started with an ECSD online course?
You can enroll in an ECSD online course by visiting the course page, clicking “enroll,” and following the prompts.
How do I access my course?
Once you have enrolled, click on “My Courses” from the top menu and select the course you want to start. Then, click on “Course Content” at the top of your course dashboard. You can view all of your courses in this section as well.
ECSD online course offers a variety of courses for alternative education. From the comfort of your home, your child can get a quality education and unique experiences.
Creative online learning tools, interaction with teachers individually, flexible scheduling, and the fact that your child can take courses from home make ECSD online an excellent choice for your child.