List Of Courses Offered In Kwara Poly And Their Cut-Off Marks – Kwara State Polytechnic was founded by Colonel David Bamigboye, His Highness Ilorin, Military Governor of Kwara State. The decision to create the polytechnic was announced in 1971 when the four-year development plan was launched.
This college is finally named in the Kwara National Decree no. Legislative Decree No. 4 of 1972 (current Public Notice No. 21 of 1984, modified by Decree No. 13 of 1987 and Public Notice No. 7 of 1994) as an “institution authorized by law to carry out education, training, research, and development in the technical arts and sciences, in languages, applied sciences, engineering, management and commerce, education and other areas of study.”
Read the full gist in this article to find out the list of courses offered in Kwara Poly and their cut-off marks.
List Of Courses Offered In Kwara Poly And Their Cut-Off Marks
- ACCOUNTANCY – 120
- AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING/TECHNOLOGY – 120
- AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY – 120
- ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGY – 120
- BANKING AND FINANCE – 120
- BUILDING TECHNOLOGY – 120
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION & MANAGEMENT – 120
- CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY – 120
- COMPUTER SCIENCE – 120
- ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY – 120
- ESTATE MANAGEMENT AND VALUATION – 120
- HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT – 120
- LEISURE AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT – 120
- MARKETING – 120
- MASS COMMUNICATION – 120
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY – 120
- METALLURGICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY – 120
- MINERAL RESOURCES ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY – 120
- OFFICE TECHNOLOGY AND MANAGEMENT – 120
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION – 120
- QUANTITY SURVEYING – 120
- SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY – 120
- STATISTICS – 120
- SURVEYING AND GEO-INFORMATICS – 120
- TRANSPORTATION PLANNING & MANAGEMENT – 120
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING – 120
- WELDING AND FABRICATION TECHNOLOGY – 120
List Of Courses Offered In KWARA POLY
The following are the courses offered in Kwara State Polytechnic:
- Agricultural Engineering/Technology
- Agricultural Technology
- Architectural Technology
- Banking and Finance
- Building Technology
- Business Administration and Management
- Civil Engineering
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Computer Science
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Estate Management And Valuation
- Hospitality Management
- Leisure And Tourism management
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Metallurgical Engineering Technology
- Mineral Resources Engineering Technology
- Office Technology And Management
- Public Administration
- Quantity Surveying
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- Transport Planning and Management
- Urban and Regional Planning
What is Cut-Off Mark?
A cut-off mark is a score determined by a specific school as a condition for students to be accepted into a specific program.
These points are usually awarded to candidates based on their results on a specific test.
However, students who score above the cutoff will be accepted and will have priority in the admissions process over students who fully meet the cutoff.
How to Calculate Aggregate/Screening Score
All candidates for the Post Utme/Kwara State Polytechnic Examination should know how to calculate their overall verification scores. Follow the easy steps below to calculate your follow score
Divide your JAMB score by 8
Divide your local utme score by 2
After that add both.
For example; He gets 200 in JAMB and 50 in post utme;
200/8 = 25
50/2 = 25
i.e. 25 + 25 = 50
However, some institutions only use post-utme results to admit applicants, while others use O’level and Jamb results to determine student assessment results.
Kwara State Polytechnic HND Admission Entry Requirements
Kwara State Polytechnic (KWARAPOLY) offers a Higher National Diploma (HND) program for eligible applicants who meet the entry requirements. The admission process is rigorous and applicants must meet the following admission requirements:
- Applicants must have obtained a National Diploma (ND) from a recognized institution in the course concerned.
- Low ND minimum credit score required.
- Candidates must have completed a one-year mandatory Industrial Training (IT) program.
-Applicants must have at least five (5) O’Level credits, including Mathematics and English, in a maximum of two sittings.
- Applicants must perform well in the UTME post-assessment.
- Candidates must obtain a minimum of 120 JAMB UTME points in the corresponding course.
- Applicants must have an acceptance letter from JAMB.
- Applicants must have a valid email address and phone number in order to communicate.
- Applicants must have met all other entry requirements set by the polytechnic.
Kwara Poly Minimum JAMB Score requirement to get admitted
Kwara Poly is one of the Higher Education Institutions in Nigeria and tries to uphold certain standards. It is often said that if you cannot improve on the current pattern, keep the pattern as you found it. There is no doubt that Kwara Poly has decided to lower its cut-off mark.
So if you are a candidate for Kwara Poly and you scored 120 points or more, you are in good hands.
JAMB’s minimum required score for Kwara Poly is 120 and you need to significantly exceed this threshold to increase your chances of acceptance.
No schools are willing to accept students who make 100 first and other students make 150 or more.
If you want to be safe, try to pass much higher than the normal cut-off mark.
Frequently Asked Question(s)
What is the cut off mark for all courses in Kwara poly?
The Kwara State Polytechnic general cut-off mark is 120. This cut-off mark is the benchmark for all courses offered in the institution. Before you can apply for Kwara State Polytechnic Post Utme you must score nothing less than 120 in the UTME Examination.
What is the best course in Kwara Poly?
Some of the best and easy engineering disciplines in polytechnic course are: Mechanical Engineering. Electrical Engineering. Civil Engineering.
What poly is the most strict in Nigeria?
The Federal Polytechnic, Nekede is best known for its strict discipline and the academic excellence of its students. The following are some of the notable courses offered at the school: Agriculture and Agricultural Technology. Business and Management Technology.
How many semesters are there in a year in poly?
Each session consists of 2 semesters of 17 weeks – 15 weeks of lectures / practical / quizzes, etc and 2 weeks for registration and examination. A Student is expected to record a minimum of 70% attendance in a course otherwise, an “Abs” grade shall be given.
Can I enter poly without JAMB?
JAMB is one of the most important examinations in the Nigerian education system, most universities and polytechnics require applicants to have passed this examination before granting them admission.
How old is Kwara poly?
Kwara State Polytechnic is a Nigerian tertiary institution that was established in 1973 by the then Military Governor of Kwara State Col. David Bamigboye after the decision to establish a polytechnic in Kwara State was announced in 1971. It is located in Ilorin, the capital of Kwara State.
What is the top-sought course in poly?
Computer Science and Engineering is one of the most popular and sought-after courses among engineering aspirants. The reason being the evergreen demand for computers in every sector. A student with a Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering can find many high-paying job options both in the public and private sector.
Which poly is the oldest in Nigeria?
aba College of Technology, popularly known as YABATECH, was founded in 1947, and is Nigeria’s first higher educational institution. It is located in Yaba, Lagos. It has a student enrollment of over 17,000. It also has a secondary school and a staff primary school.
Is poly better than University?
Polytechnics (ND) graduates can start working with the national diploma before proceeding to the Higher National Diploma (HND) level. Universities won’t be able to do the same until they complete their 4 or 5 years courses. Polytechnics seem to expose students to more practical experiences than universities.
What is the toughest course in poly?
Students rank electrical engineering as one of the hardest engineering courses because it requires a lot of abstract thought. Because the components of the equipment or system an electrical engineer is working on are invisible to the naked eye, their work requires a lot of imaginative and abstract thinking.
- allschool.com – Kwara State Poly Cut-Off Mark 2023/2024 [UPDATED]
- newsedung.com – Kwara State Polytechnic Cut Off Mark 2023/2024 (JAMB & All Courses)
- schoolroomnews.com – Kwara Poly Cut Off Mark for All Courses
- flexyinfo.com – Kwara State Poly Cut-off Mark and Eligibility 2023/2024