Do you wish to know the list and names of university courses for Art students to study and their Subjects required for admission?
If your answer is yes to the above questions, then you are welcome to this informative article that will enlighten you better on what course to study.
Now, I will this page will lit out all the Art courses offered in Nigerian Universities, some Polytechnics, and some Colleges of education.
Additionally, more explanation on the subjects required to study each of the courses listed on this page will also be made known.
Art Courses Offered in Nigerian Universities/Polytechnics
The following is the list of all Art Courses Offered in Nigerian Universities and Polytechnics. Check below for their subject requirements.
- Criminology and Security Studies
- English And Literary Studies
- Visual and Applied Arts
- Drama/Dramatic/Performing Arts (Theatre Art)
- Linguistics and African Languages
- Sociology And Anthropology
- Performing Arts
- Theatre And Performing Arts
- Religious And Human Relations
- African and Asian Studies
- Psychology and Human Development
- Languages Arts And Yoruba
- International Relations & Diplomacy
- Religious And Cultural Studies
- Linguistics / Yoruba
- Yoruba And Communication Arts
- English And International Studies
- Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Theatre And Media Arts
- Religious and Philosophy
- Creative Arts
- Arabic Language
- Linguistics / Urhobo
- Languages Arts
- Communication Studies
- Theatre Arts
- German Combined With French/Russian
- Religious Studies
- International And Comparative Politics
- Linguistics / Edo
- European And Nigerian Languages
- History And Archaeology
- Theatre And Film Studies
- Linguistics, Igbo and other African Languages
- Languages And Literature
- Religion and Science
- Comparative Religious Studies
- English Language
- Arabic Language and Literature
- History And Diplomacy
- Theatre Arts/Performing Arts/Drama/Dramatic Arts
- International Studies And Diplomacy
- Russian With French/German
- Languages And Linguistics
- Christian Religious Studies (CRS)
- Classical Studies
- English Language And Communication Studies
- History And Diplomatic Studies
- Communication and Language Arts
- Archaeology And Tourism
- Fine Art/Fine And Applied Arts
- Communication Arts
- History and International Relations
- English Language And Literature
- Arabic Studies
- Chinese Studies
- History and International Studies
- Modern And European Languages
- Counseling and Psychology
- Arts (Combined Honours)
- English Studies
- Creative and Visual Arts
- Economics And Development Studies
- Arts Education
- History and Political Science
- Education Arts
- Film Arts
- Political Science
- Foreign Language and Literature
- History And Strategic Studies
- French And International Studies
- Fine Arts And Design
- French With German/Russian
- Nigerian Languages
- Geography And Environmental Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Guidance And Counselling
- Modern Language and Translation
- Igbo / Linguistics
- Library And Information Science
- Literature In English
- Mass Communication
- Media Studies and Mass Communication
- Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution
- Conflict Resolution
- Religious Studies/Theology
Subject Combination for Arts Courses 2021
Likewise, the following are the JAMB, WAEC, and NECO subjects needed to study the Art courses listed below.
- Fine and Applied Arts: English Language, Fine Art, and any other two Arts subjects.
- Arabic and Islamic Studies: English, Arabic, and two other subjects from Arts or Social Sciences
- Music: Use of English, Music, and two other subjects
- Yoruba: English, Yoruba Language, and two other subjects.
- English and Literary Studies: English, Literature in English, History, and Government
- Christian Religious Studies: English, CRK, and two Arts subjects.
- Foreign Languages and Literature: English Language, Fine Art, other two Arts or Social Science subjects.
- Hausa: English, Hausa, Lit in English, Economics, or Government, History, Arabic.
- Theatre Arts: Use of English, Literature in English and two other subjects
- Igbo: English, Igbo language, and two other subjects.
- History and International Studies: Use of English, History, Government and one other subject from Arts.
- Law: English, Literature, Economics, and Government.
- Linguistics: English, Literature, and two relevant subjects.
- French: English, French and any two other subjects from Arts.
- Mass Communication: Use of English, Literature in English, Economics, Government, or CRK.
- JAMB, WAEC, and NECO subject combination for all Art courses 2021
- Complete WAEC, NECO, and JAMB Subjects for Art students.
Requirements for Admission into Art Courses
If you have made up your mind to study an art course at your higher level, then you have made a good choice.
At the same time, there are basic requirements and eligibility that you need to gain admission to study your dream course.
So as an Art student, there are certain levels of academic excellence that you must reach to easily gain admission.
As such, the following are some of the requirements and eligibility that any Art student that wishes to study any Art Course must meet.
Note: the following requirements are only for undergraduate admission to study any Art course in any Nigerian University or Polytechnic.
- Make sure your score A1 or B grade in Literature, Government, English, Mathematics, etc.
- If you can’t obtain an A or B grade, at least do not go below a C grade.
- Endeavor to score high in JAMB
- A JAMB score from 220 to 300 is recommended.
Other admission requirements to study your Art course will depend on the school you choose.
Finally, make sure you check the complete admission information for the school you choose before going ahead to register for their admission.
Now, I am sure you have seen the list and names of university courses for Art students to Study and their Subjects required for admission?
If you still want to ask any questions, then kindly scroll down and use the comment section to drop your question.Follow Us For All Canada Jobs and Scholarship Update