This is a piece of updated information on the Cal Poly acceptance rate 2021 (SLO & Pomona) for the class of 2025. This Cal Poly admission rate is for the two California State University, San Luis Obispo (SLO, Pomona)
The admission process at Cal Poly follows a holistic process in the reviewing of all applications in line with the applicants’ academic records and non-academic activities (Extra-moral activities in and outside the classroom)
Therefore, this page is aimed at letting applicants know the Cal Poly SLO acceptance rate 2021 and the Cal Poly Pomona acceptance rate 2021 both for the class of 2025 in-state, out-of-state, transfer, freshman and international, early action, early decision, and undergraduate applicants.
Note: Cal POLY admission process is beyond the basic California State University admission qualifications. Cal Poly is competitive and there are many factors beyond academic records, which are considered for admission as shown @https://admissions.calpoly.edu/prospective/criteria.html.
Now, the categories in this page include Cal Poly SLO & Pomona;
- Transfer acceptance rate
- Engineering acceptance rate
- Cal poly acceptance rate by major
- Computer science acceptance rate
Cal Poly SLO Acceptance Rate 2021 & Requirements
This Cal Poly SLO acceptance rate, admission stats & admit Profile s for undergraduate (first-time freshman and transfer) students only. The Cal Poly SLO acceptance rate is 30%.
Freshman admission process: Some of the necessary criteria considered for admission at Cal Poly are;
- Program of study (Intended major)
- Your college preparatory courses
- College GPA
- Test scores (any of SAT or ACT)
- Extra-curricular activities
- Work experience (if recommended)
- Application portal: Undergrad freshman is to apply at @ https://admissions.calpoly.edu/applicants/freshman/
Transfer Students Admission: Below is the most common documents and criteria for upper-division 1 transfer applicants at Cal Poly:
- Program of study (Intended major)
- The number of completed units
- CSU and Cal Poly coursework with not less than a ‘C’ grade.
- (G.E. Breadth) or (IGETC) courses
- Extracurricular activities
- Work experience (if indicated)
- Application portal: Transfer Students are to apply at @ https://admissions.calpoly.edu/applicants/transfer/
2021 Cal Poly Pomona Acceptance Rate
The Cal Poly Pomona acceptance rate is 55%
- Application fee: $70.00
- Application submission portal: (https://www2.calstate.edu/apply
Application Filing Periods
Undergraduate (freshman or transfer): Fall Quarter
- Winter Quarter October
- Spring Quarter February
Required majors’ requirements:
- Art/ Design (Only qualified freshman & transfer students). To be submitting as an electronic portfolio.
- Music (Only qualified freshman & transfer students).
- Architecture (Only qualified transfer students) submits as a portfolio.
Admission Statistics and Class Admit profile Class of 2025.
How do we arrive at the acceptance rate above? The Cal Poly SLO & Pomona acceptance rate are arrived at from the Cal Poly admission Stats and class admit rate profile obtain from past year statistics as shown below:
Note, the Cal Poly class profile and admit rate for the class of 2025 is not available, so that is why this page uses last year admission stats which I am sure, will not be very far from this year’s own.
- Application received: 54,142
- Average GPA Scale: 3.96 – 4.25
- ACT (average): 26 – 32
- SAT (Average): 1280 – 1470
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Engineering
- Orfalea College of Business
- College of Science/Mathematics
- College of Architecture/Environmental Design
- College of Agriculture/Food/Environmental Sciences
Warnings: All applicants are strictly advised to submit valid information and documents only. Submitting if fake or inaccurate information/documents will result to:
- Cancellation of application
- Denial of admission,
- Expulsion (if admitted already)
- Cancellation of academic credit,
- Suspension (Check California Code of regulations under Section 41301 of Title V).
Office of Admissions
- Building (172H), 2nd Floor, Room 2-20
- Phone: 805.756.2311; Fax: 805.756.5400
- Tour Information Line: 805.756.5734
- Email: [email protected]