Welcome to this page that will be guiding you on the Boston College acceptance rate 2021 for the class f 2025. This information is for the BC 2021 applicants that wish to apply for admission at Boston College for the class of 2025.
Firstly, Boston college is a private research university located in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts. The college was established in 1863. The Boston college abbreviated as (BC) is also classified as an R1 research university.
At the end of you reading this post, you will get to know the Boston college admission rate for transfer applicants, early decision, and early action or regular decision, (freshman, in-state, or out-of-state and international students) and the admission rate by major. But for those looking for the BC Acceptance rate for Law school and MBA, I will advise you to keep visiting us because we are still working hard to update that information here.
Boston College Admission Rate 2021 and Statistics
The Boston college admission process is holistic. Admission at BC is competitive and selective. Students are selected based on their academic talents, profile, and preparation. All applications are reviewed with a level of thoughtfulness and thoroughness. Admission at BC requires high school grades, test scores, extra-curricular activities, assessments and recommendations from parents or teachers, and essays.
Boston College has no specific formula for their admission, so, therefore, it becomes difficult to assume a chance of admission at Boston College. But meanwhile, I will help you do that. With this guide, you will able to estimate your chances of admission because I will run you through past years’ admission statistics so that you will know the basic academics qualifications that most of the accepted applicants at Boston college do submit.
We will take our first admission rate, data, and statistic from the class of 2023 as shown below:
- Total Number of the Class of 2023 Applications: 35,552
- Number of Applicants that were accepted: 9,679
- Boston 2019 class of 2023 Acceptance Rate: 27%
- Number of admitted students that enrolled: 2,297
Admission to applicants from High schools represented: 1,254: High School admission distribution was as follows
- Public high school: 47.9%
- Catholic and Jesuit high schools: 25.5%
- Private and Independent high schools: 26.6%
Applications came from 45 states and 41 different countries
Percentage of Admission Distribution by Geographical Locations:
- New England took: 32.2%
- Mid-Atlantic took: 31.1%
- Midwest students took: 8.1%
- Students from South/Southwest took: 8.6%
- West took: 11.7%
- Other US regions took: 0.7%
- International students took: 7.6%
Admission Distribution by Gender:
- Women: 53%
- Men: 47
First-Generation Students: 256
Admission By Test Score:
SAT (Mid 50%)
- Admitted SAT Score range: 1420 -1530
- Enrolled Applicant SAT Score: 1370 -1490
ACT (Mid 50%)
- Admitted ACT Score range: 1420-1530
- Enrolled Applicant SAT Score: 1370-1490
Boston College –BC Acceptance Rate 2021 SAT/ACT, GPA, and Grade Requirements.
As of now, the Boston College acceptance rate of 2021 has not been made available. But meanwhile, we will draw out the BC Admission rate of 2021 for the class of 2025 from past acceptance rates records. The Boston college 2020 acceptance rate for the class of 2024 had marked the lowest BC acceptance rate ever as it was amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Boston College received 29,400 applicants in the class of 2024 and an average of 24% of the total applicants was admitted. Where 37% of students were accepted during the Early Decision admission round and 22% were accepted during the Regular Decision admission round.
Admitted students came from 49 U.S. states, and 2 U.S. territories. While international applicants came from over 60 different countries. It was recorded that the admitted students had an average SAT score of 1457 and an average ACT score of 34.
Other Ungrad (Freshman & Transfer) Admission requirements and Academic Statistics:
Test Score requirements – What SAT Score is good for Boston College: 1320 -1490
SAT Score distribution by subjects:
- Reading: 650-720
- Math: 670-770
What ACT Score is good for Boston College: 31-34
ACT Score distribution by subjects:
- English: 32-35
- Math: 28-33
- Writing: 8-10
Other Application Requirements include:
- Application Fee: $80 (Note: Application Fee may not be the same for all programs) fee waived for certain students.
- Undergraduate admission application portal: https://www.bc.edu/bc-web/admission.html
- Boston College Writing Supplement: To be submitted along with your application @www.commonapp.org.
- SAT Score
- ACT Score
- High School Transcript or a G.E.D. prior to enrollment to be Mailed to the following address:
- Boston College Undergraduate Admission
- Document Processing Center
- 124 Heritage Avenue Suite #14
- Portsmouth, NH 03801
School Report and Recommendation letter: (from teachers who have taught either of Maths, Social studies, English, science, or foreign language).
- Mid-Year Grade Report (Regular Decision and Early Decision deferred candidates)
- Optional Credentials for the Arts
- English Proficiency
Cost of Tuition and fees
Average annual cost (Including tuition, fees and other expenses)
- Before aid: $75,886
- After aid: $33,562 (aids from scholarships and grants)