Below are the list of the Best Universities to Study Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria 2021/2022 and their school fees.
Initially, we made a comprehensive article on the best medical courses in Nigeria in 2021 here, but in this context, we are focusing mainly on the best Universities to study Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria in 2021.
We have spent much time in evaluated all the Public/Federal Universities, State Universities, and Private Universities in Nigeria that offer medical courses like medicine and surgery.
After the long term evaluation using basic statistics, we have arrived at the top best Universities to study Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria in 2021.
Basic Facts About Schools that Offer Medical Courses in Nigeria
Going to school and studying your dream course worth celebration but going out to Labour market/work-field to face the reality of what you have studied in school is always challenging.
The school you graduate will play a very role on the value of your certificate. Studying and graduating from a University or any institution that is well respected for academic excellence is an advantage to it’s graduates in the Labour market.
Note: the recognition of the school you graduate from is to some extend. The basic eligibility for employment is always the ability of the employee to showcase what he or she can offer to the society in regards to his or her field of study.
As such, studying in an institution with a high standard and academic excellence will help you to acquire all the necessary academic ability to stand out in the Labour market and will also add value to your certificate.
Criteria for Ranking Medical Schools in Nigeria
The only and most important criteria for ranking the best Universities to study Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria in 2021 is academic standard.
Academic Standard in this case includes all possible outstanding features of an excellent institution such as:
- Availability of studies equipment
- Practical with apparatuses for effective learning
- Work Practices for job experiences.
- Exposure to work environment
- Recognition for excellent academic performance.
- Accreditation by NUC and the governing body of that particular course.
List of the Best Universities To Study Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria
Below is the list of the best Public/Federal Universities, State Universities, and Private Universities to study Medicine and Surgery Nigeria in 2021:
- University of Ibadan (UI) +Apply Here
- Ahmadu Bello University Zaria (ABU Zaria) +Apply Here
- University of Jos (UNIJOS) +Apply Here
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) +Apply Here
- University of Benin (UNIBEN) +Apply Here
- University of Calabar (UNICAL) +Apply Here
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) +Apply Here
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) +Apply Here
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) +Apply Here
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) +Apply Here
- Lagos State University (LASU) +Apply Here
- Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) +Apply Here
- Bayero University Kano (BUK) +Apply Here
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO) +Apply Here
- Delta State University (DELSU) +Apply Here
- Ebonyi state University (EBSU) +Apply Here
- Niger Delta University (NDU) +Apply Here
- Abia state University (ABSU) +Apply Here
- Usmanu Danfodio University (UDUSOK) +Apply Here
- Madonna University
Admission Requirements for Medicine and Surgery in Nigerian Institutions 2021
All Federal Universities, State Universities and Private Universities have similar admission requirements for Medicine and Surgery as follows:
- Candidate must take part in the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) CBT Exam.
- The candidate must score a satisfying JAMB Score from 160 upward.
- Applicants must have a valid SSCE result that is not more than two sittings
- Aspirants must pass Biology, Chemistry, English, Mathematics, Physics in SSCE.
- The candidate must also acquire at least a C grade in 5 related subjects.
- All aspirants must be 16 years old or above.
School Fee for Medical Schools in Nigeria 2021.
|Institutions Type||School fee/Tuition fee||Duration|
|Public or Federal Universities||N27000 to N40000||per semester|
|State Universities||N35000 to N95000||per semester|
|Private Universities||N350000 to N1500000||per session.|
Those are the best Universities to study Medicine and Surgery in Nigeria in 2021/2022 academic session. More Universities will be evaluated and added to this list.