- 1 Share this
- 2 5 Top Undergraduate Scholarships For International Students
- 3 1. ICSP Scholarships at University of Oregon USA
- 4 Eligibility:
- 5 2. Fairleigh Dickinson Scholarships for International Students
- 6 Eligibility:
- 7 3. Illinois Wesleyan University International Students Scholarships
- 8 Eligibility:
- 9 4. American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
- 10 Eligibility:
- 11 5. Boston University Presidential Scholarship for International Students
- 12 Share this
- 13 Related
Every year, over one million international students are enrolled into colleges and universities in the United States of America based on the survey carried out by the Institute of International Education. An estimate of $44 billion is generated as revenue to the country’s economy as the students pursue different academic majors.
No doubt the US has the best colleges and universities in the world and has continued to attract students from all continents.
However, as attractive as the institutions are, the tuition fees can be challenging for most international students, especially learners from under-developed countries. The US is one of the most expensive nations to pursue higher education.
Fortunately and interestingly, there are many high-rated colleges and universities in the US including governmental and non-governmental organizations offering fully-funded scholarships for international students as part of creating equal opportunities for all.
This article lists 5 of these scholarships for undergraduate international students irrespective of their race or gender.
5 Top Undergraduate Scholarships For International Students
1. ICSP Scholarships at University of Oregon USA
International undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need and meet the minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA requirement are welcome to apply for the International Cultural Service Program (ICSP). The ICSP scholarship has a cultural service component and applicants must agree to complete 80 hours per year of cultural service as required by the program.
Host Institution: Oregon University, USA
Field of study: All eligible programs offered at the University
Target group: The ICSP Scholarships at the University of Oregon USA is for International students with exceptional merit.
Before an international student can be eligible, he or she must be fully admitted to the University of Oregon. Aspiring students who want to apply for this scholarship must apply for admission to the University Of Oregon for 2021-22 by 15 January 2022.
- Applicants cannot be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or eligible to receive U.S. federal financial assistance.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need and meet the minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA requirement.
ICSP Scholarships at the University of Oregon require that you agree to complete 80 hours per year of cultural service as required by the program.
Official Website: Official Scholarship Website: https://isss.uoregon.edu/icsp/application
2. Fairleigh Dickinson Scholarships for International Students
Farleigh Dickinson University is offering the Col. Farleigh S. Dickinson Scholarship and the FDU International Scholarships for international students who are undertaking Bachelors’s or Masters’s degrees at the University.
Host Institution: Farleigh Dickinson University in the USA
Level/Field of study: Undergraduates program in any subject
FDU International Scholarships are awarded yearly and renewable up to 4 years; $27,000 for the Fairleigh Dickinson Scholarships for International Undergraduate Scholarship and $1,000 to $10,000 for the FDU International Graduate Scholarship.
Fairleigh Dickinson Scholarships for International Students is based on academic merit and test scores. Therefore, a good GPA score is a requirement.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.fdu.edu/admissions/international/scholarships/
3. Illinois Wesleyan University International Students Scholarships
Illinois Wesleyan University (IWU) is a Merit-Based Scholarships and President’s scholarship category. It’s a Need-Based Financial Aid for international students who want to apply for undergraduate majors offered by the University. IWU offers loans and campus employment opportunities along with scholarships.
Host Institution: Illinois Wesleyan University
Level/Field of study: undergraduate programs in any subject
The Merit-Based Scholarships category requires that the applicant be an international student with outstanding academic achievement and test scores on the required entrance exams. While the President’s Scholarships are for highly qualified international students based on their talents, interests, and academic achievements.
4. American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
The AU EGL scholarship is for non-U.S. citizens; whether U.S. permanent residents or dual citizens of the U.S. and another country. It covers only the billable AU expenses such as full tuition, room, and board. But not non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, flight tickets, and miscellaneous expenses.
It is a renewable undergraduate scholarship for a 4 years study however, a satisfactory academic performance must be met.
Host Institution: American University, Washington DC, USA
Level/Field of study: Any undergraduate study offered at the University
Target group: American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarships are targeted to international students from any country who are not U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or dual citizens of the U.S. and another country.
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service, and advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- 95+ TOEFL iBT; sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL 7.0+ IELTS, 33 minimum SAT Reading Subscore; 29 minimum ACT English; 65 minimum PTE; or 120+ Duolingo.
- You are a non-U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
- You must not be enrolled in or begin any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
5. Boston University Presidential Scholarship for International Students
Boston University Presidential Scholarship is designed for incoming first-year students with exceptional academic achievement and excellence beyond just the classroom.
Host Institution: Boston University
Level/Field of study: undergraduate programs in any subject
Scholarship value/inclusion: Boston University offers up to US$25,000 tuition and is renewable throughout the course program.
- Applicants to Boston University Presidential Scholarships must be international students.
- A non-US citizen or non-US Permanent Resident Green Card Holders.
All international applicants need an F-1 Student Visa or J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa to study in the US.
- Applicants must be leaders in their host communities or schools.
To apply for the Boston University Presidential Scholarship, the students must submit their course application and supporting credentials by 1 December 2021, for studies commencing Fall 2022.
Official Boston University Presidential Scholarship Website: https://www.bu.edu/admissions/tuition-aid/scholarships-financial-aid/first-year-merit/presidential/Follow Us For All Canada Jobs and Scholarship Update