- 1 Share this
- 2 1. Frederick and Mary F. Beckley Scholarship
- 3 2. Andrew Macrina Scholarship Fund
- 4 3. Enid Hall Griswold Memorial Scholarship
- 5 4. Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship
- 6 Eligibility for Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Fund
- 7 5. James Beard Foundation National Scholarships
- 8 6. ESA Foundation Scholarship Program
- 9 Eligibility
- 10 7. Frank J. Richter Scholarship Award
- 11 8. Ken C. Hicks Scholarship Program
- 12 9. Heineken USA Performing Arts Scholarship
- 13 Eligibility Criteria
- 14 10. James River Church Left-Handed Scholarship
- 15 11. John Kitt Memorial Scholarship
- 16 12. MRCA Foundation Left-Handed Scholarship
- 17 Eligibility
- 18 Share this
- 19 Related
Study shows that an active right brain hemisphere often makes lefties to be more creative and musical than analytical or mathematical. This is Because left-handed students are believed to have a different brain configuration compared to their right-handed counterparts.
Based on this, various scholarships have been set aside to promote left-handed students across the US. to have a mix of both creativity and musicality, and analytical and mathematical.
The costs of attending a college in the US. can be expensive for the majority of students in the united states. Although there are loans that students can apply for, loans can leave a large debt after school.
Here are the 12 Best Left Handed Scholarships Available in the US.
1. Frederick and Mary F. Beckley Scholarship
One of the few scholarships for left-handed people is the Frederick and Mary F. Beckley Scholarship
The Frederick and Mary F. Beckley Scholarship was created in 1979 at Juniata College in Pennsylvania.
The scholarship is worth $1,000 to $1,500 and is reserved for the lefties and awarded annually,
Applicants must have completed at least their freshman year at Juniata with top academic achievement with a minimum of 3.3 GPA while also displaying campus leadership.
Candidates are required to submit two personal references, proof of financial need, and certification of grades.
Frederick and Mary F. Beckley Scholarship
1700 Moore Street
Huntingdon, PA 16652
Scholarship Link: http://www.juniata.edu/about/news/index.php?action=SHOWARTICLE&id=6088
2. Andrew Macrina Scholarship Fund
The Andrew Macrina scholarship is valued at $2,500, and it’s made available by the American Culinary Federation (ACF), and targeted towards left-handed high school seniors who have been accepted at an accredited college to study culinary or pastry arts.
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be exemplary students and hold a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
Applicants must have participated in culinary competitions and be actively involved in volunteer work. Two letters of recommendation must be submitted.
Deadline: March 31st
Andrew Macrina Scholarship Fund
180 Center Place Way
St. Augustine, FL 32095
3. Enid Hall Griswold Memorial Scholarship
In the last century, six out of the total numbers of U.S. Presidents have been left-handed. These six presidents were successful and displayed a strong political understanding to impact the economy. The Enid Hall Griswold Memorial Scholarship is for candidates with similar interests for majoring in political science, history, government, or economics so as to become political leaders of tomorrow. The Enid Hall Griswold Memorial Scholarship is valued $5,000.
Every year, Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) considers who has financial need and academic merit for attending an accredited four-year university nationwide from two worthy college juniors and seniors with the U.S.
Deadline: February 10th
Enid Hall Griswold Memorial Scholarship
4242 Greentree Way
Sand Springs, OK 74063
Scholarship Link: http://www.dar.org/national-society/scholarships
4. Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship
Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship fund is valued at $1,000.
It is a scholarship only for the lefties with a strong commitment to community service.
Eligibility for Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship Fund
- Candidates must be full-time high school seniors.
- Applicants must be living in a community served by Comcast.
- He or she must exhibit leadership abilities and plan to attend an accredited, non-profit college.
- Recommendation and nomination by a principal or guidance counselor.
- Maintain a minimum 2.8 GPA.
Deadline: December 3rd
Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship
1701 JFK Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Scholarship Link: http://corporate.comcast.com/our-values/community-investment/youth-education-leadership
5. James Beard Foundation National Scholarships
The James Beard Foundation National Scholarships is awarded to food-focused students across U.S. colleges to study culinary arts, food science, hospitality management, agriculture, and similar majors.
The scholarship is given annually to a sum of $20,000. Recipients are chosen from 10 geographic regions across the United States and selection is based on leadership, community service, academic merit, and career goals in the culinary world.
Deadline: May 15th
James Beard Foundation National Scholarships
167 West 12st Street
New York, NY 10011
Scholarship Link: https://www.jamesbeard.org/education-scholarships-and-grants
6. ESA Foundation Scholarship Program
Deadline: April 1st
Established in 2007, the Entertainment Software Association (ESA) Foundation Scholarship valued $3000 has been offered to both right-handed and left-handed students.
Students enrolling into a full-time accredited bachelor’s program in computer majors or video game arts major are awarded the ESA scholarship.
Applicants must be women or minority students.
Applicants must possess U.S. citizenship.
Display creative technical skills.
Possess a minimum college GPA of 2.75.
Deadline: April 1st
ESA Foundation Scholarship Program
575 7th Street NW Suite 300
Washington, DC 20004
Scholarship Link: http://www.esafoundation.org/scholarship.asp
7. Frank J. Richter Scholarship Award
The Frank J. Richter Scholarship Award is given to interested left-handed students up to a sum of $1,000 through the American Association of Railroad Superintendents (AARS).
- Interested left-handers must be enrolled full-time at an accredited college in the United States or Canada.
- Must have attained at least sophomore standing.
- Obtained a minimum 2.75 GPA
- Submit two recommendations with a narrative statement.
- The Frank J. Richter Scholarship fund is preferably given to students who are enrolled in majors relevant to the transportation field.
Deadline: July 7th
Frank J. Richter Scholarship Award
P.O. Box 200
La Fox, IL 60147
Scholarship Link: http://www.railroadsuperintendents.org/FrankJRichter
8. Ken C. Hicks Scholarship Program
Ken C. Hicks Scholarship Program is $20,000 and is awarded to 20 qualified candidates.
Candidates who are graduating from high school and pursuing a four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. university and are left-handed are enjoined to apply.
However, candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents, actively involved in varsity sports or intramurals.
Possess an unweighted GPA of 3.0 and highly motivated, passionate about community service, and not an employee of Foot Locker.
Deadline: December 17th
Ken C. Hicks Scholarship Program
19 West 21st Street, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10010
9. Heineken USA Performing Arts Scholarship
The Heineken USA Performing Arts Scholarship
is administered by the US Congressional Black Caucus Foundation with an amount worth over $3,000. The scholarship is for creative left-handers who are pursuing bachelor’s degrees in drama, music, opera, theatre, and other performing arts majors.
- Applicants have to be African American.
- Be U.S. citizens or legal residents.
- Attend an accredited college full-time.
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Show leadership ability.
- Lastly, applicants must submit a two-minute visual recording sample.
Deadline: April 29th
Heineken USA Performing Arts Scholarship
1720 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20036
Scholarship Link: https://cbcfinc.academicworks.com/opportunities/324
10. James River Church Left-Handed Scholarship
In partnership with Evangel University, a $500 James River Church (JRC) scholarship is awarded to the Lefties annually.
The beneficiaries are southpaws who are pursuing the associate degree in leadership from the JRC Leadership Campus.
Applicants must show their artistic ability by writing a 500-word essay about being left-handed.
Or submitting a portfolio of drawing, painting, photography, or graphic design creations.
The James River Church Left-Handed Scholarship is distributed evenly across the program’s four semesters.
Deadline: March 1st
James River Church Left-Handed Scholarship
6100 North 19th Street
Ozark, MO 65721
Scholarship Link: http://jrlc.com/scholarships/left-handed-scholarship-award/
11. John Kitt Memorial Scholarship
The John Kitt Memorial Scholarships valued at $5,000 are granted by the American Association of Candy Technologists (AACT) to qualified sophomores candidates attending a four-year program in North American university.
Applicants must major in food science, chemistry, biology, nutrition, culinary arts, or related fields. And also display a genuine commitment to a career in the confectionery industry.
Deadline: April 1st
John Kitt Memorial Scholarship
711 W Water Street
P.O. Box 266
Princeton, WI 54968
Scholarship Link: http://www.aactcandy.org/aactscholarship.asp
12. MRCA Foundation Left-Handed Scholarship
MRCA Foundation Left-Handed Scholarship is granted by the Midwest Roofing Contractors Association (MRCA) each year between $500 to $3,000.
- Recipients must be majoring in trade-related majors, such as architecture, engineering, industrial design, material science, construction, or metallurgy;
- must be U.S. citizens;
- maintain full-time study and attend an accredited U.S. college or technical school;
- carry a minimum 3.0 GPA;
- and have employment experience in construction.
Deadline: July 1st
MRCA Foundation Left-Handed Scholarship
2077 Embury Park Road
Dayton, OH 45414
Scholarship Link: http://www.mrca.org/aws/MRCA/pt/sp/foundation_scholarshipFollow Us For All Canada Jobs and Scholarship Update